Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sigh... 08:30 - Feb 1 with 4936 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Sigh... on 10:06 - Feb 2 with 1041 viewsHARRY10

The clip below should beggar belief that after 4 years this level of ignorance should still exist. But it does, as an almost dogmatic belief.

One where wacuous slogans are trotted out rather than any suggestion that those being interviewed have taken on board anything from the information freely available.

(and they wonder why they are seen as thick)
Sigh... on 10:18 - Feb 2 with 1028 viewstractordownsouth

Sigh... on 09:01 - Feb 1 by Oldsmoker

There's a Stephen Fry Brexit vid on Youtube that shows the top 10 Leave seats have very few immigrants living there. Their fear of immigrants is imaginary and comes from years of reading tabloid press headlines and accepting those headlines as unquestionable facts.

Yep, Clacton and Rochester, the only two seats to elect a UKIP MP, have very low levels of immigration.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Sigh... on 10:20 - Feb 2 with 1026 viewstractordownsouth

Sigh... on 09:24 - Feb 2 by Darth_Koont

Yeah but apart from that...

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Sigh... on 11:08 - Feb 2 with 997 viewsHARRY10

Sigh... on 09:55 - Feb 2 by StokieBlue

Totally agree it's very hard and it's a situation when spending time on social media is only going to annoy people when they see things like this.

It's not even the higher ground, it's understanding that telling these people things isn't going to change their opinion - we have 5 years of evidence supporting that view. Something different needs to be tried - happy to hear suggestions on what that is.

SB

Shock, horror............ reasoned argument does not sway stupid people

so the question comes down to cause and effect

has 40 years of bigoted and untruthful press stories formed opinions, or have those press stories merely pandered to an existing market ?

an example of the level of stupidity brexiteers have willing swallowed (40 secs)

and the regurgitated

Sigh... on 11:20 - Feb 2 with 984 viewsStokieBlue

Sigh... on 11:08 - Feb 2 by HARRY10

Shock, horror............ reasoned argument does not sway stupid people

so the question comes down to cause and effect

has 40 years of bigoted and untruthful press stories formed opinions, or have those press stories merely pandered to an existing market ?

an example of the level of stupidity brexiteers have willing swallowed (40 secs)

and the regurgitated

In which case surely we should be aiming our broadsides at the press and not people taken in by them? In either of your scenarios the press are to blame whether they are followers of the trend or instigators.

You've done it again though, called them stupid when it really wasn't required and essentially confirmed my point.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Sigh... on 11:32 - Feb 2 with 973 viewsgordon

Sigh... on 14:50 - Feb 1 by m14_blue

“We’re taking back control.”

“What does that actually mean?”

Fcuking finally

Exactly - lots of the mainstream media are massively complicit in letting an empty soundbite be presented as if it was an actual policy. Then, four years later they're asking the plebs what it actually means!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-35739955/boris-johnson-uk-should-take-back-cont
Sigh... on 11:32 - Feb 2 with 972 viewsHARRY10

Sigh... on 11:20 - Feb 2 by StokieBlue

In which case surely we should be aiming our broadsides at the press and not people taken in by them? In either of your scenarios the press are to blame whether they are followers of the trend or instigators.

You've done it again though, called them stupid when it really wasn't required and essentially confirmed my point.

SB

'when it is not required'

suggests it is not a case of them not being stupid

it is one of my not pointing it out
Sigh... on 13:19 - Feb 2 with 936 viewsStokieBlue

Sigh... on 11:32 - Feb 2 by HARRY10

it is one of my not pointing it out

That's barely English and incredibly hard to decipher but I don't feel the need to call you stupid for constructing your reply in such a manner.

It's counterproductive in the same way it is with regards to Brexit given the stage we are now at.

SB
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 14:47]

Login to get fewer ads

Sigh... on 14:53 - Feb 2 with 900 viewsjeera

Sigh... on 13:19 - Feb 2 by StokieBlue

That's barely English and incredibly hard to decipher but I don't feel the need to call you stupid for constructing your reply in such a manner.

It's counterproductive in the same way it is with regards to Brexit given the stage we are now at.

SB

It's frustration isn't it.

You can barely help yourself when you hear some of the drivel.

You really just want to drown some of them so calling them names isn't so bad when you think about it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Sigh... on 14:59 - Feb 2 with 896 viewsStokieBlue

Sigh... on 14:53 - Feb 2 by jeera

It's frustration isn't it.

You can barely help yourself when you hear some of the drivel.

You really just want to drown some of them so calling them names isn't so bad when you think about it.

I agree it's hugely frustrating and often one does want to just shout at the ill-informed opinions but we need to find another way. The current way hasn't worked and now we have Brexit.

I am sure remainers/rejoiners don't want to go down the Labour route of claiming they won the argument whilst being in the exact opposite position to what they wanted.

I don't know the answer, I just feel that continuing the cycle of insults isn't going to be the way.

SB

Sigh... on 15:03 - Feb 2 with 894 viewsjeera

Sigh... on 14:59 - Feb 2 by StokieBlue

I agree it's hugely frustrating and often one does want to just shout at the ill-informed opinions but we need to find another way. The current way hasn't worked and now we have Brexit.

I am sure remainers/rejoiners don't want to go down the Labour route of claiming they won the argument whilst being in the exact opposite position to what they wanted.

I don't know the answer, I just feel that continuing the cycle of insults isn't going to be the way.

SB

I was only trying to inject some light humour.

I dunno either mate.

I'm sick of the whole subject and yet still manage to be equally amazed and dismayed most days by some new level of crap.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Sigh... on 17:29 - Feb 2 with 863 viewsHARRY10

Sigh... on 13:19 - Feb 2 by StokieBlue

SB

so lets help you

it is one of my not pointing it out "

the first is a direct quote from you

the next points out that your gripe appears, not to be one of refuting the idea that brexiteers are stupid, but that folk are pointing out that they are stupid

(but I think you already knew that)
Sigh... on 17:40 - Feb 2 with 850 viewsStokieBlue

Sigh... on 17:29 - Feb 2 by HARRY10

so lets help you

it is one of my not pointing it out "

the first is a direct quote from you

the next points out that your gripe appears, not to be one of refuting the idea that brexiteers are stupid, but that folk are pointing out that they are stupid

(but I think you already knew that)

It's not a direct quote, you paraphrased it and you didn't bother about context.

Your repeated use of double-negatives makes your posts very hard to read - even now I don't think you've addressed my point.

I don't even understand what your last paragraph is supposed to mean.

All I've said is that calling people stupid, rightly or wrongly, is not going to move us forward to a point where we can start to resolve things.

SB

Sigh... on 23:32 - Feb 2 with 801 viewsOldsmoker

Sigh... on 14:01 - Feb 1 by brazil1982

Proof or just your one sided opinion?

Watch it.
You might learn something.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024