Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Needed, Deserved. 01:19 - Jan 12 with 4678 viewsMrTown

Thought by far and away our best performance of the season. Same system, same personnel but a slight tweak in approach.

Thought we were sensational first half, blitzed Accrington and should have been 5-0 up, but I’ll take 4-1 to stop the rot.

Thought Downes and Huws were very good, as were the front two once again. However the stand out players were Woolfenden, Chambers and Judge. Incidentally after implementing the overlapping centre backs, both Chambers and Woolfenden got assists today, fantastic!

Alan Judge though, what a performance. Has wrongly been put out wide for too long, not his game anymore but in that no.10 role, he’s too good for this level.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 23:41]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 11:23 - Jan 12 with 994 viewsBlueBadger

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 10:56 - Jan 12 by unstableblue

To be fair Mr Town some of our performances this season have deserved criticism and we now need to go on a run of performances and team selections like that to get true buy in to the Lambert project.

However, I do agree there have too many on this board who have not objectively judged Lambert and almost want him to fail. Take Blackpool at home that was an entertaining and good performance. But seemed to get slated beachside fans want Lambert to fail.

We should praise Lambert when he gets it right, and the team selection yesterday was excellent, Huws was completely the right choice.

Now let’s go to Oxford and go again.

PS - one other really annoying feature of the Curtis is that they make out we should be winning every game and this league is a cake walk. So stupid. As Sunderland?! And it is so obvious that teams are playing above themselves when they meet the mighty Town.

COYB

No-one *wants* him to fail, but the majority of his tenure simply hasn't been good enough and he needs to do more, much more, to convince people that he's up to the job. Yesterday was a step in the right direction but it appears to have taken an intervention from the owner to make him stop endlessly faffing about with player section, formation and system.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

You are a very strange individual. (n/t) on 11:45 - Jan 12 with 984 viewsMrTown

You are a very strange individual. (n/t) on 10:36 - Jan 12 by Bluefish

You think I haven't banged a 532 drum? Go back a game or 2 before MK Dons and you will see it. I then posted about getting it right against MK Dons when we did it.

Don't go too overboard on this overlapping centre backs thing. We are being setup with that as the main tactic, that came as a result of the setup

We all know what drum you’ve been banging for the past few months, it’s the Lambert Out one.

Move along now.

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 11:53 - Jan 12 with 983 viewsunstableblue

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 11:23 - Jan 12 by BlueBadger

No-one *wants* him to fail, but the majority of his tenure simply hasn't been good enough and he needs to do more, much more, to convince people that he's up to the job. Yesterday was a step in the right direction but it appears to have taken an intervention from the owner to make him stop endlessly faffing about with player section, formation and system.

Your criticism of him has not been balanced though.

We’ve played terrible football for a very long time. And yet some of the passing and movement this season has been good, and indeed during the 1-1 run last season.

You just have to judge what is happening on the pitch.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 12:14 - Jan 12 with 974 viewsBlueBadger

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 11:53 - Jan 12 by unstableblue

We’ve played terrible football for a very long time. And yet some of the passing and movement this season has been good, and indeed during the 1-1 run last season.

I have. An endless parade of limp defeats(sorry, 'improved performances') last season that some idiots lapped up because we tapped it around aimlessly a bit before losing without a whimper, a good-in-results-less-so-in-performances run at the start of this season followed by a near-3month long winless run characterised by an endless stream of baffling decisions. There's not been much praise from here, because there hasn't been much that's been genuinely praiseworthy on the pitch - that's not 'unbalanced' that's just me trying to look at it objectively. You)and others), on the hand, have been so desperate to see some 'technical' play(whatever that it) that you've been really struggling to see pas the very obvious, which is that he's been flattering to deceive for a long while and may still continue to do so.. Yesterday was finally a step in the right direction, it's where we go from here that matters.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 12:16]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

You are a very strange individual. (n/t) on 14:47 - Jan 12 with 923 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

You are a very strange individual. (n/t) on 11:45 - Jan 12 by MrTown

We all know what drum you’ve been banging for the past few months, it’s the Lambert Out one.

Move along now.

BREAKING NEWS.. FAN HAS AN OPINION

Stop giving it the superfan Mr Town. It is possible for fans who have wanted Lambert out to still want Ipswich to succeed and Pl to succeed.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Errrrrr.... on 15:12 - Jan 12 with 914 viewsSwailsey

Errrrrr.... on 11:14 - Jan 12 by unstableblue

Have you read the board in the last few weeks?!

The poison to the Lambert project has been very intense to the point of some almost wanting him to fail of late.

And to be honest performances such as Rotherham and Gillingham deserve a real level of negativity.

BUT we have played well in games where people have been happy to slate.

Lose at Oxford and play badly and we’re back to the drawing board.

But criticism has to be sensible and based on what happens on the pitch.

I get that man, but that’s a very different thing to WANTING someone to fail. I don’t particularly like Edwards, but I want him to score every game. I’m not glad when he doesn’t.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 15:16 - Jan 12 with 901 viewsjaykay

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 08:47 - Jan 12 by Swailsey

Go on, name them.

Name any genuine fans on here who want ITFC to fail.

Let’s try and nip this in the bud and call out these bull*hit claims now to avoid us getting into another MM divide.

[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 8:48]

i think no one wants the town to fail, maybe the manager to fail but i think its only norwich supporters who want that

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

You are a very strange individual. (n/t) on 15:34 - Jan 12 with 878 viewsMrTown

You are a very strange individual. (n/t) on 14:47 - Jan 12 by TRUE_BLUE123

BREAKING NEWS.. FAN HAS AN OPINION

Stop giving it the superfan Mr Town. It is possible for fans who have wanted Lambert out to still want Ipswich to succeed and Pl to succeed.

“Stop giving it the superfan”

So fans wanted Lambert Out, including you by the way, and now all of a sudden you are right behind him this week. Right.

Fickle springs to mind.

Login to get fewer ads

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 15:34 - Jan 12 with 875 viewsmonytowbray

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 08:47 - Jan 12 by Swailsey

Go on, name them.

Name any genuine fans on here who want ITFC to fail.

Let’s try and nip this in the bud and call out these bull*hit claims now to avoid us getting into another MM divide.

[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 8:48]

Bluefish.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

You are a very strange individual. (n/t) on 15:47 - Jan 12 with 860 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

You are a very strange individual. (n/t) on 15:34 - Jan 12 by MrTown

“Stop giving it the superfan”

So fans wanted Lambert Out, including you by the way, and now all of a sudden you are right behind him this week. Right.

Fickle springs to mind.

I wanted him out, I am not too proud to admit that, and one win doesn't mean that all of a sudden I have 100% faith in him and think he is the best thing thing since sliced bread.

However, it is not inconceivable to think that just because I have been heavily critical of Lambert I don't want him to succeed and get us out of the league. He got the team right (Norris included) and the new style he said he worked on looked good. Hopefully it works at Oxford and Tranmere and so on and I can eat my words. I don't think any other fan that you have mentioned thinks any differently to this or wants Ipswich to lose.It is just you looking for reactions and getting on your high horse, well here is your reaction, enjoy it son.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 15:50 - Jan 12 with 853 viewsSwailsey

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 15:34 - Jan 12 by monytowbray

Bluefish.

That’s not true though is it man?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 16:18 - Jan 12 with 826 viewsmonytowbray

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 15:50 - Jan 12 by Swailsey

Dunno he seems to cum his load every time he can whinge about us.

TWTD never forgets…

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 16:26 - Jan 12 with 819 viewsSomethingBlue

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 15:50 - Jan 12 by Swailsey

It does appear that the most important thing to him is being proved correct. However Town and Lambert go from here, you can be pretty sure that it'll be because it's what Bluefish told them to do all along.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 16:28 - Jan 12 with 813 viewsHerbivore

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 11:53 - Jan 12 by unstableblue

I've seen more terrible football at PR this season than in any other that I've been following Town. We're in the third division and we've had games where we've mustered zero shots on target. You've been desperate to single out glimpses of good form in order to justify your view that things are much rosier without nasty Mick. It's incredibly transparent. Nobody wants Lambert to fail because if he fails then Town fail. He hasn't done a good job though and is rightly seen as a bit of a Paul Jewell type figure. It's down to him to change that perception, yesterday was a step in the right direction.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 16:33 - Jan 12 with 802 viewsmonytowbray

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 16:26 - Jan 12 by SomethingBlue

It does appear that the most important thing to him is being proved correct. However Town and Lambert go from here, you can be pretty sure that it'll be because it's what Bluefish told them to do all along.

He’s a full on case of Dunning Kruger effect.

TWTD never forgets…

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 21:33 - Jan 12 with 762 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

‘the 1-1 run last season...’

Congratulations on becoming a full blown parody of yourself
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 21:37]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 21:35 - Jan 12 with 757 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Christ, a much improved performance and result for sure and certainly the hope that we can use it as a springboard to go on a run

But imagine thinking one victory at home to Accrington Stanley suddenly means all the critics are wrong!

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 21:36 - Jan 12 with 754 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 10:12 - Jan 12 by MrTown

The captain and leader of operation sack Lambert is you Blubby.

Along with your band of merry men, Herbivore, Bloots, Sitters and co.

I’m sure you’ll be back on our next defeat, but for now, I think you should move back into the woodwork for a while.

Quite obviously none of those posters you’ve listed want us to fail, you massive wang

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 22:38 - Jan 12 with 711 viewsBluefish

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 16:26 - Jan 12 by SomethingBlue

If you keep up your current rate of obsessive snipey posts to me you have a great chance of making my top 3 fanboy list.

Would be nice if you had a go at insight or opinion opposed to the boring attacks and obsessive replying

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 23:07 - Jan 12 with 698 viewsMrTown

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 21:36 - Jan 12 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Quite obviously none of those posters you’ve listed want us to fail, you massive wang

They were loudest on the forum board when were losing... ‘you massive wang’.

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 23:18 - Jan 12 with 689 viewsHerbivore

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 23:07 - Jan 12 by MrTown

You've been pretty noisy too in fairness. And none of us were happy about Town failing to win week in and week out.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 23:21 - Jan 12 with 687 viewsjeera

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 23:07 - Jan 12 by MrTown

I'm actually beginning to think you may be a Norwich fan.

How does that sit with you and your dishonest views?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Needed, Deserved. Silence a few critics, I love it... on 09:56 - Jan 13 with 603 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

But that doesn’t mean they wanted us to fail though does it?

In fact you could make a pretty convincing case that moaning and protesting about us being cr*p and losing shows more of a desire to win than harping on about how wonderful things are following us conceding 5 at Lincoln...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024