Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some of you must know these people sending toto 14:27 - Jan 5 with 5308 viewsBluefish

Abuse? Please let them know that they are absolutely pr*cks and not impressing anybody

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Some of you must know these people sending toto on 18:28 - Jan 5 with 2024 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Some of you must know these people sending toto on 15:51 - Jan 5 by strikalite

So how are you going to stop it then? Of course it isn't bloody right, ffs I know that, but people on there are leaving themselves wide open for any abuse, I'm certainly not alone in saying this, surely you get what I'm saying here....

* edit... I sort of see what you are meaning now. It just sounded worse how you phrased it.

I'm really tired of the platforms not taking responsibility of stopping the cyber morons. Free speech is ok but abuse is abuse. We're going to (actually we already have) have serious issues with young people unless this gets sorted as they are growing up with it.

I think we are too quick to accept it and just take a 'it is what it is, just don't use it' attitude.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 18:34]

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Some of you must know these people sending toto on 18:37 - Jan 5 with 2010 viewsMrTown

Some of you must know these people sending toto on 16:27 - Jan 5 by Bluefish

That is the only difference to private messaging abuse to a player. Are you actually sure about that or are you just trying desperately hard for something?

I'm just stating some facts for you son.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Some of you must know these people sending toto on 18:41 - Jan 5 with 2007 viewstractorboy1978

Some of you must know these people sending toto on 15:30 - Jan 5 by strikalite

What's classless about that?? Many agree with me in the game that if players are on there then they leave themselves wide open to idiots, you can't stop it, you make your choice, as I say I'm sure he doesn't take it to heart..

It is what is, none of us like it...

He's deleted all ITFC photos/posts and unfollowed the official club Instagram account, so I think he has 'taken it to heart'. You've got to be a pretty strong/thick skinned character not to feel down when a number of people are messaging you to say you are sh!t, that you should leave the club etc.

If I were a footballer I wouldn't be on social media. But that is pretty sad really. Social media can be the source of so much good but it has a dark, horrible side that outweighs it for me.

It is quite conceivable that a professional sports person could take their own life off the back of comments made to them online. It is not a matter to be taken lightly, but the social media platforms seem to be doing very little about managing the often vitriolic abuse people send.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 18:44]
Some of you must know these people sending toto on 18:51 - Jan 5 with 1984 viewsRyorry

Some of you must know these people sending toto on 16:02 - Jan 5 by ronnyd

That,s the trouble with a lot of social media sites, It isn,t only footballers, it,s rife across the whole spectrum. Remember the abuse Troyse was getting on Faceasbook a few months ago. I steer clear and only post on here.

Talking of Troy, received this today -

"An update on your report
Thanks again for letting us know. Our investigation found this account violated the Twitter Rules:
Troy Farthing
@TroyFar15033370
We appreciate your help in improving everyone’s experience on Twitter. You can learn more about reporting abusive behavior here"

A shame to have to do it, but I'm hoping it helps him in the long term.

Unfortunately several fake Troy accounts still exist, but I didn't report those as hadn't seen them & was unaware at the time of who they were, how abusive etc.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Some of you must know these people sending toto on 19:03 - Jan 5 with 1959 viewsfooters

One day you're getting praised for the size of your package and the next you're getting dog's abuse. Britain in 2020 I'm afraid.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Some of you must know these people sending toto on 19:53 - Jan 5 with 1907 viewsstrikalite

Some of you must know these people sending toto on 18:28 - Jan 5 by Terry_Nutkins

* edit... I sort of see what you are meaning now. It just sounded worse how you phrased it.

I'm really tired of the platforms not taking responsibility of stopping the cyber morons. Free speech is ok but abuse is abuse. We're going to (actually we already have) have serious issues with young people unless this gets sorted as they are growing up with it.

I think we are too quick to accept it and just take a 'it is what it is, just don't use it' attitude.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 18:34]

Yes I certainly could have explained it better that's for sure, abuse is becoming normalized sadly now, it's doing a lot of harm to a lot of people, Troyse for example was given advice(and rightfully so)to come off there by quite a few people, sometimes you just have to protect yourself, though on the other hand I can see that you shouldn't have too...
Some of you must know these people sending toto on 19:54 - Jan 5 with 1906 viewsBluefish

Some of you must know these people sending toto on 19:03 - Jan 5 by footers

One day you're getting praised for the size of your package and the next you're getting dog's abuse. Britain in 2020 I'm afraid.

Enough about me though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Some of you must know these people sending toto on 20:03 - Jan 5 with 1883 viewsjeera

Some of you must know these people sending toto on 18:37 - Jan 5 by MrTown

I'm just stating some facts for you son.

"son".

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Chuckle (n/t) on 20:06 - Jan 5 with 1874 viewsBloots

Some of you must know these people sending toto on 20:03 - Jan 5 by jeera

"son".

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Chuckle (n/t) on 20:16 - Jan 5 with 1845 viewsMrTown

Some of you must know these people sending toto on 20:03 - Jan 5 by jeera

"son".

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Some of you must know these people sending toto on 23:11 - Jan 5 with 1798 viewsMattinLondon

Some of you must know these people sending toto on 15:30 - Jan 5 by strikalite

What's classless about that?? Many agree with me in the game that if players are on there then they leave themselves wide open to idiots, you can't stop it, you make your choice, as I say I'm sure he doesn't take it to heart..

It is what is, none of us like it...

And by being on here are you asking for abuse if people don’t like what you type?

Of course not you utter knob.
Some of you must know these people sending toto on 08:21 - Jan 6 with 1732 viewsitfcjoe

I note one of the fanzone guys who loves Toto is up in arms about it - the same bloke who on the Lincoln post match vlog says that "Norris deserves every bit of abuse he f**king gets" amongst other rants about the players.

Social media is still new, but at some point it will sink in you shouldn't be saying things you aren't comfortable repeating in person

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Some of you must know these people sending toto on 08:23 - Jan 6 with 1726 viewsReuser_is_God

Some of you must know these people sending toto on 08:21 - Jan 6 by itfcjoe

I note one of the fanzone guys who loves Toto is up in arms about it - the same bloke who on the Lincoln post match vlog says that "Norris deserves every bit of abuse he f**king gets" amongst other rants about the players.

Social media is still new, but at some point it will sink in you shouldn't be saying things you aren't comfortable repeating in person

That guy is an absolute berk.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Some of you must know these people sending toto on 12:44 - Jan 6 with 1650 viewsstrikalite

Some of you must know these people sending toto on 23:11 - Jan 5 by MattinLondon

And by being on here are you asking for abuse if people don’t like what you type?

Of course not you utter knob.

Don't come on here calling me a knob son, hiding behind your keyboard....try and understand what I've been saying in this thread...
Some of you must know these people sending toto on 12:49 - Jan 6 with 1639 viewsfooters

Some of you must know these people sending toto on 12:44 - Jan 6 by strikalite

Don't come on here calling me a knob son, hiding behind your keyboard....try and understand what I've been saying in this thread...

You seem to be saying that people on social media are fair game for abuse, you knob.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Some of you must know these people sending toto on 12:53 - Jan 6 with 1624 viewsstrikalite

Some of you must know these people sending toto on 12:49 - Jan 6 by footers

You seem to be saying that people on social media are fair game for abuse, you knob.

Fair game for abuse? You know i haven't said that at all...read all my replies..
Some of you must know these people sending toto on 12:58 - Jan 6 with 1602 viewswrightsrightglove

Some of you must know these people sending toto on 12:53 - Jan 6 by strikalite

Fair game for abuse? You know i haven't said that at all...read all my replies..

If black players would have worn ear plugs in the 60's then they wouldn't have heard the racist abuse so it's kind of their own fault.....isn't that essentially what you're saying?
Some of you must know these people sending toto on 14:16 - Jan 6 with 1569 viewsFreddy

Some of you must know these people sending toto on 15:52 - Jan 5 by sparks

Whilst I agree- the reality is that there is merit in what he says.

Whether we like it or not- it happens, so you have to be prepared for it if you venture out onto social media publically, as as well known figure. You shouldnt have to be- but that's reality.

Thought he closed his twitter account a while ago or am I wrong?
Some of you must know these people sending toto on 19:39 - Jan 6 with 1490 viewstractorboy1978

Some of you must know these people sending toto on 08:21 - Jan 6 by itfcjoe

And that you shouldn't post something or record a video for public consumption in the heat of the moment when you are emotionally aroused.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024