Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do any of you still support this shambles? 18:40 - Dec 29 with 4203 viewsBluefish

Not that today should really change much, we have been this same mess since the day he took over. The only thing that changed was the start of the season when we were getting results. We still didnt have a settled side or formation or style and we still weren't playing well.

We changed the formation yet again today and made the same mistakes again. Judge out wide, norris in goal, playing Edwards, dozzell in a cm 2. That was the most lightweight midfield ever and didnt play to our strengths. Any defence was going to be under pressure let alone one that has been chopped and changed all season. We look an utter mess, it isn't new it has always been the same. Rotation is one thing but to keep changing the shape each game is bizarre and setting us up to fail. It screams that he has no idea on our best side and has lost confidence.

I'm done saying he has to go, if you lot still refuse to see it then you aren't worth bothering with
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 18:46]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 20:38 - Dec 29 with 879 viewslmfcblue

We played the same formation as Boxing Day 4.4.2.
Agree with other points though
Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:02 - Dec 29 with 837 viewsKeaneish

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 20:33 - Dec 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It took all of 20 seconds to find

You made out he was praising him before November - yet in October was still calling him PR Paul and making the point that he couldn’t be deemed a success unless he has us at least stable in the Championship

Rather odd to come steaming into a thread to tackle the poster rather than the point, and then whine about someone else pointing out you’re wrong, btw

You’ve been very selective with your cursory glance haven’t you? What did your search yield in the months when we were doing well? A different story, one you’re choosing not to paint for reasons only you know.

And these chats have been ongoing for weeks now but you’ve likely misread that context too.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 21:05]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:10 - Dec 29 with 818 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:02 - Dec 29 by Keaneish

You’ve been very selective with your cursory glance haven’t you? What did your search yield in the months when we were doing well? A different story, one you’re choosing not to paint for reasons only you know.

And these chats have been ongoing for weeks now but you’ve likely misread that context too.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 21:05]

What on earth are you on about - that post was from 11 October, 9 days before Accrington when we hadn’t lost a game

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:17 - Dec 29 with 809 viewsKeaneish

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:10 - Dec 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

What on earth are you on about - that post was from 11 October, 9 days before Accrington when we hadn’t lost a game

Eh? To put it in simple English for you as you seem to have missed the point, again...there’s no negative comments about PL when we’re winning and by negative I mean calling for his head and stepping up his anti-PL campaign.

As soon as the tide starts to turn, then he’s all over this board. Calling him PRPaul and questioning his contract is perfectly rational. It’s only when our form dips does he start his one-man crusade (which has now gathered momentum, well done). That’s pretty fickle to me.

Why have you chipped into this conversation?

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:21 - Dec 29 with 803 viewsOxford_Blue

Yes I support the team and the club.

We need to stick together and get through this.
Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:31 - Dec 29 with 787 viewsKeaneish

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:21 - Dec 29 by Oxford_Blue

Yes I support the team and the club.

We need to stick together and get through this.

We’re on such a dangerous precipice at the moment. I think this forum is a good barometer for the mood toward everything at the club. Results have been bad and performances of late, dire. Now micro-sections of the fan base have started to turn, we could simply slide down this league and be forgotten about.

Bluefish thinks gathering momentum to sack PL is the right approach. I think it could be a disaster. I’m no staunch PL fan as he is failing consistently at present but unity is exactly what we need to right this mess, not change in my opinion.

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:33 - Dec 29 with 783 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:17 - Dec 29 by Keaneish

Eh? To put it in simple English for you as you seem to have missed the point, again...there’s no negative comments about PL when we’re winning and by negative I mean calling for his head and stepping up his anti-PL campaign.

As soon as the tide starts to turn, then he’s all over this board. Calling him PRPaul and questioning his contract is perfectly rational. It’s only when our form dips does he start his one-man crusade (which has now gathered momentum, well done). That’s pretty fickle to me.

Why have you chipped into this conversation?

Why would he have called for his head when we had gone 14 games unbeaten? However he, like a few select others, was still casting doubt and calling him PR Paul - it’s hardly like he was acting like he was the best thing since sliced bread and has suddenly decided he’s terrible

Bizarre question, why does anyone post on any thread?

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:36 - Dec 29 with 775 viewsOxford_Blue

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:31 - Dec 29 by Keaneish

We’re on such a dangerous precipice at the moment. I think this forum is a good barometer for the mood toward everything at the club. Results have been bad and performances of late, dire. Now micro-sections of the fan base have started to turn, we could simply slide down this league and be forgotten about.

Bluefish thinks gathering momentum to sack PL is the right approach. I think it could be a disaster. I’m no staunch PL fan as he is failing consistently at present but unity is exactly what we need to right this mess, not change in my opinion.

Indeed.

This kind of mess brings out people’s characters. Some will turn on each other and attack and vilify and others will pull their sleeves up and pull together.
Login to get fewer ads

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:36 - Dec 29 with 775 viewsSomethingBlue

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 18:47 - Dec 29 by Bluefish

All of that is coming from non regular posters and randoms. Look back on the abuse I've had all season from the regulars

It all comes down to you and how needy you are, doesn't it? Take some time out, for your own good.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:36 - Dec 29 with 762 viewsEireannach_gorm

Apologies Bluefish, I downvoted you in error. I normally disagree with you but in this case I think you have got it right. Your point was diluted in the normal Blue fashion by your last paragraph.
Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:38 - Dec 29 with 762 viewsBluefish

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:36 - Dec 29 by SomethingBlue

It all comes down to you and how needy you are, doesn't it? Take some time out, for your own good.

I think it comes down to you and others hating being wrong again and getting nasty about it.

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:39 - Dec 29 with 759 viewsMullet

Ipswich? Til I die mate.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:40 - Dec 29 with 753 viewsKeaneish

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:33 - Dec 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Why would he have called for his head when we had gone 14 games unbeaten? However he, like a few select others, was still casting doubt and calling him PR Paul - it’s hardly like he was acting like he was the best thing since sliced bread and has suddenly decided he’s terrible

Bizarre question, why does anyone post on any thread?

Did he decide he was terrible when we were winning? He decided he was terrible when things started going sideways. Isn’t that what fickle is?

Bloots has been straight down the line since day one; “hates PL, not interested” - fair enough.
Bluefish has turned it on and now started seeking praise for it - bizarre.

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:42 - Dec 29 with 747 viewsBluefish

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:39 - Dec 29 by Mullet

Ipswich? Til I die mate.

Obvs not you buffoon, the current shambles/manager

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:44 - Dec 29 with 732 viewsMullet

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:42 - Dec 29 by Bluefish

Obvs not you buffoon, the current shambles/manager

Glass bridges old boy. Glass bridges.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:45 - Dec 29 with 726 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:40 - Dec 29 by Keaneish

Did he decide he was terrible when we were winning? He decided he was terrible when things started going sideways. Isn’t that what fickle is?

Bloots has been straight down the line since day one; “hates PL, not interested” - fair enough.
Bluefish has turned it on and now started seeking praise for it - bizarre.

Or, he concluded that he did a cr*p job last season, was open minded but unconvinced by the start of the season and with things having gone significantly downhill since concluded that his suspicions were right and PL is in fact a pretty cr*p manager

Which is entirely sensible, and certainly far less fickle than say, spending the first 2 months of last season harping on about how much better things are under Paul Hurst before doing a complete 180 10 games into the season and deciding he was in fact rubbish

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:46 - Dec 29 with 718 viewsBluefish

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:44 - Dec 29 by Mullet

Glass bridges old boy. Glass bridges.

No idea what that means

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:48 - Dec 29 with 710 viewsKeaneish

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:38 - Dec 29 by Bluefish

I think it comes down to you and others hating being wrong again and getting nasty about it.

This is the point though. Being wrong about what? The only thing people are disagreeing with you about is calling for PL to be sacked, not that you’re wrong to question his ability. Everyone has question marks over PL for many different reasons. Creating an atmosphere to get a manager sacked is the last thing this club needs right now.

I think everyone is questioning why you need constant gratification and ratification but that’s a different matter.

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 22:40 - Dec 29 with 659 viewsSomethingBlue

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:38 - Dec 29 by Bluefish

Not too sure what I've been wrong or right about mate, I just object to your pathological neediness and self-obsession.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 22:49 - Dec 29 with 637 viewsDarkHorse

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 20:08 - Dec 29 by haynes_toe1

I get some people dont like Bluefish' style of posting but cant be denied he was right about getting rid of McCarthy, called Hurst sooner than others would accept it and has done the same re Lambert.

I've not had a problem with any of it as it's generally followed my train of thought but he did get a lot of stick for calling out Lambert pretty early on.

A stopped clock...
Do any of you still support this shambles? on 22:49 - Dec 29 with 637 viewsronnyd

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 19:41 - Dec 29 by fergalsharkey

I have not been in over 3 years and refuse too until Evan's goes.
Simple as that.
I am agog that as many people still go... it truly is a pitiful ongoing mess.
I only come in here as it amazes me people actually care....when the owner doesn't why the hell do you??

Because i was a Town fan long before Evans and hope to still be long after he,s gone.
Do any of you still support this shambles? on 00:10 - Dec 30 with 609 viewstownblue

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 18:47 - Dec 29 by Bluefish

All of that is coming from non regular posters and randoms. Look back on the abuse I've had all season from the regulars

All about you innit
Do any of you still support this shambles? on 07:16 - Dec 30 with 562 viewsKeaneish

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 21:45 - Dec 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Or, he concluded that he did a cr*p job last season, was open minded but unconvinced by the start of the season and with things having gone significantly downhill since concluded that his suspicions were right and PL is in fact a pretty cr*p manager

Which is entirely sensible, and certainly far less fickle than say, spending the first 2 months of last season harping on about how much better things are under Paul Hurst before doing a complete 180 10 games into the season and deciding he was in fact rubbish

Less fickle? Think you’re coming up with entirely exaggerated statements now to not lose face. Everyone was willing to give Hurst a fair shake, me included. No-one said how much better it was only that there were changes people would allow time to see if they’d develop into something. They didn’t and the writing was on the wall after Norwich. I don’t recall at any point saying Hurst had his tactics “spot on” ala Bluefish and PL. I do remember liking what Hurst was trying to do on the pitch by giving Skuse a new license, having a Chalobah drop deep and play out from the back but other than that, I think you’re clutching. Giving a new manager ten games is fickle? Talking nonsense...

Why are you so concerned with defending Ficklefish? Is he your mate?
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 7:43]

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 07:43 - Dec 30 with 538 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 07:16 - Dec 30 by Keaneish

Less fickle? Think you’re coming up with entirely exaggerated statements now to not lose face. Everyone was willing to give Hurst a fair shake, me included. No-one said how much better it was only that there were changes people would allow time to see if they’d develop into something. They didn’t and the writing was on the wall after Norwich. I don’t recall at any point saying Hurst had his tactics “spot on” ala Bluefish and PL. I do remember liking what Hurst was trying to do on the pitch by giving Skuse a new license, having a Chalobah drop deep and play out from the back but other than that, I think you’re clutching. Giving a new manager ten games is fickle? Talking nonsense...

Why are you so concerned with defending Ficklefish? Is he your mate?
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 7:43]

If only TWTD had some sort of feature to view previous posts quickly. Again, from a quick scan:

Hurst is delivering exactly what i have craved. by Keaneish 19 Aug 2018 8:28
Couldn't agree more. I'm excited about football again and found my passion for the game again. Loving it.

Our biggest problem this season by Keaneish 15 Aug 2018 19:32
Yep, no idea what all the panic is about. We're playing some decent stuff with a clear game plan and creating decent chances. I'm relatively happy with the start. My only gripe is that senior players are AWOL...

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective by Keaneish 19 Aug 2018 19:34
You couldn't judge the team performance after a 90 minute game of football in which we were the better side even with 10 men but you were able to count the number of long balls we played? Good to have you back. The level of insight is fascinating.

Best hurry up and jump on the PH love train soon. We're all onboard and it's leaving without you as it is many who still haven't quite come to terms that our departure from dreary, uninspiring, unambitious football is actually positive progression and recognised by many on here as long overdue.

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. by Keaneish 19 Aug 2018 20:21
You've ridiculed everyone on here for years who criticised Micks's negativity, his footballing philosophy, the ability of Skuse, fan's who want to watch football played in a different manner. There's not really any difference whether you post pro Mick ot not. You mocked those who weren't, same difference.

PH is proving in a very short space of time how limited MM and Skuse are. So.ethi g that was plainly obvious for a very long time.

Tom Adeyemi by Keaneish 31 Aug 2018 13:58
I think Hurst is doing the smart thing at the moment, something MM never did. I like that's he built a big squad to bursting point for the first half of the campaign. It gives him chance to assess players on their merits, whether they're hungry for it and gives lots of competition for places week in week out - players have a chance to play for their careers and more regular squad members are kept on their toes. With MM it was you're either in or out, end of - far too basic.

I think Hurst will start to offload the dead wood in Jan, not before.

Nope never met him, I just thought your original post was worth correcting but then you decided to double-down rather than acknowledging that maybe you’d got it wrong

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 07:49 - Dec 30 with 500 viewsKeaneish

Do any of you still support this shambles? on 07:43 - Dec 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

If only TWTD had some sort of feature to view previous posts quickly. Again, from a quick scan:

Hurst is delivering exactly what i have craved. by Keaneish 19 Aug 2018 8:28
Couldn't agree more. I'm excited about football again and found my passion for the game again. Loving it.

Our biggest problem this season by Keaneish 15 Aug 2018 19:32
Yep, no idea what all the panic is about. We're playing some decent stuff with a clear game plan and creating decent chances. I'm relatively happy with the start. My only gripe is that senior players are AWOL...

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective by Keaneish 19 Aug 2018 19:34
You couldn't judge the team performance after a 90 minute game of football in which we were the better side even with 10 men but you were able to count the number of long balls we played? Good to have you back. The level of insight is fascinating.

Best hurry up and jump on the PH love train soon. We're all onboard and it's leaving without you as it is many who still haven't quite come to terms that our departure from dreary, uninspiring, unambitious football is actually positive progression and recognised by many on here as long overdue.

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. by Keaneish 19 Aug 2018 20:21
You've ridiculed everyone on here for years who criticised Micks's negativity, his footballing philosophy, the ability of Skuse, fan's who want to watch football played in a different manner. There's not really any difference whether you post pro Mick ot not. You mocked those who weren't, same difference.

PH is proving in a very short space of time how limited MM and Skuse are. So.ethi g that was plainly obvious for a very long time.

Tom Adeyemi by Keaneish 31 Aug 2018 13:58
I think Hurst is doing the smart thing at the moment, something MM never did. I like that's he built a big squad to bursting point for the first half of the campaign. It gives him chance to assess players on their merits, whether they're hungry for it and gives lots of competition for places week in week out - players have a chance to play for their careers and more regular squad members are kept on their toes. With MM it was you're either in or out, end of - far too basic.

I think Hurst will start to offload the dead wood in Jan, not before.

Nope never met him, I just thought your original post was worth correcting but then you decided to double-down rather than acknowledging that maybe you’d got it wrong

You’ve just dragged out articles that prove my point, I was willing to give PH a fair shake and I liked what he was trying to do at times. Everyone was happy with a breath of fresh air other than the MM die hards.

You’re more of a try hard than Bluefish.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024