Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At what point do we start calling him Mick Lambert? 15:46 - Dec 20 with 2236 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Paul is starting to turn into McCarthy on fast forward.

Mick came in, made us hard to beat, forged a togetherness, made us proud of the club again and 3 years into a 6 year stint he became belligerent, hard argumentative, hard to fathom and frustrated. The man most of us had loved at one point knew his time was up, so did we and most of us agreed it was right to move on.

Lambert came in last season, we started playing much better football, looked to have a style of play to take into this season, he turned the fans round, the club round and made the atmosphere brilliant. Almost as quickly it's become random team selections and formations, the fans are being unfair and too negative and there's too much football being played.

I said last week, the guy is starting to pick at all the things that made most of us really warm to him. Every club can have a blip but it's like the team, the club, his press releases and everything else is having a blip too.

Really very odd the way he's gone about everything, particularly a lack of identity, system or idea of his best eleven, something every manager seemingly has going into any club, let alone when they've been there long enough to mould it towards what they want.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

At what point do we start calling him Mick Lambert? on 15:17 - Dec 21 with 272 viewsRyorry

At what point do we start calling him Mick Lambert? on 15:06 - Dec 21 by Vaughan8

He still doesnt know his best team and formation....? Its worrying!

I agree, it is, but clearly injuries haven't helped. I still think he/the (eventually more settled, fingers crossed) team will come good.

#KeepTheFaith

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

At what point do we start calling him Mick Lambert? on 11:59 - Dec 22 with 220 viewsTerry_Nutkins

At what point do we start calling him Mick Lambert? on 15:02 - Dec 21 by Ryorry

Someone wrote a post a few weeks(?) ago saying that PL's rotation policy was a first-half-of-the-season ploy to enable us to come up with the best 11 for the 2nd half of season, esp when we had so many injuries, esp long-term ones, as we obv did/do. Can't remember who the poster was, but it made sense to me & I'm still prepared to give PL the time which I think he deserves.

COYB

I've been saying that would be his game.plan all season. Not so much to find his best 11 but to gain an advantage while it works for the second half of season. we won't have the same burn out smaller clubs do. Think Hursts shrewsbury as a classic example.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

At what point do we start calling him Mick Lambert? on 12:03 - Dec 22 with 215 viewspointofblue

At what point do we start calling him Mick Lambert? on 11:59 - Dec 22 by Terry_Nutkins

I've been saying that would be his game.plan all season. Not so much to find his best 11 but to gain an advantage while it works for the second half of season. we won't have the same burn out smaller clubs do. Think Hursts shrewsbury as a classic example.

I’d be fine with that of he was settling on a formation and working players around it. We played 4-3-3 against Coventry and Bristol Rovers and had spells of dominance. We had a chance to use the formation again yesterday and changed to wing backs. The players don’t just know whether they’ll be playing but they have no idea what their role will be.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

At what point do we start calling him Mick Lambert? on 17:47 - Dec 22 with 190 viewsTerry_Nutkins

At what point do we start calling him Mick Lambert? on 12:03 - Dec 22 by pointofblue

I’d be fine with that of he was settling on a formation and working players around it. We played 4-3-3 against Coventry and Bristol Rovers and had spells of dominance. We had a chance to use the formation again yesterday and changed to wing backs. The players don’t just know whether they’ll be playing but they have no idea what their role will be.

Can't disagree with that. I think too much meddling. I'm sure he has his reasons but when you're in a bad spot its hard to understand it.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024