Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. 19:12 - Dec 2 with 2199 viewshampstead_blue

South West trains - 27 days of strikes around Christmas

NI - 10,000 patients have had their appointments delayed by the union!
On R4 this evening a union pleb apologised for the delay and accepted that it could cause upset and problems......
A bad week to have your cancer diagnosis appointment!!!!!

Hands-up who wants to give the unions more power?

The strikes are a vile and disgraceful action deliberately putting people's lives at risk.

Hello!!! Is anyone at home? Vote Labour......Vote for free stuff (but only if you survive long enough)....

[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 19:13]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 22:04 - Dec 2 with 404 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 20:47 - Dec 2 by hampstead_blue

Was the quote not enough?

Am off to bed...

Off to bed at 10 to 9? I guess making up bullsh!t on a daily basis must get tiring.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 22:12 - Dec 2 with 393 viewslongtimefan

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 20:18 - Dec 2 by Herbivore

It's because they care for their members that they support Labour.

I’m a Union member (Prospect) but won’t be voting Labour. Indeed even Prospect has expressed reservations about some of Labour’s nationalisation plans.
Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 22:13 - Dec 2 with 390 viewsHerbivore

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 22:12 - Dec 2 by longtimefan

I’m a Union member (Prospect) but won’t be voting Labour. Indeed even Prospect has expressed reservations about some of Labour’s nationalisation plans.

Good for you.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 22:39 - Dec 2 with 359 viewsEwan_Oozami

This is how it works: the NHS Trust agrees to continue cancer diagnosis and other critical treatment during the strike action, and the union agrees to exempt them from the strike action and so critical diagnosis and treatment should go ahead - the NHS trust then unilaterally cancels appointments and blames the union's strike action.....

Since the union block vote was removed, most trade unions are actually more democratic than our current parliamentary voting system....

And if joining together is so bad, why are there political parties? Why doesn't each MP fight the cause for their constituents individually in Parliament?

In the company where I work, a few years ago, lots of people were being "performance managed" out of the organisation for no other reason than to reduce the head count - their knowledge and experience would have been sorely missed - the union stepped in and most of the damage was prevented - I have been a member of a union since my first day at work and have reason to be grateful for their help more than once.

The old days of "differentials" and "collective bargaining" have gone and won't come back (one person, one vote ensures that) - most unions exist now to ensure members (and non-members) aren't exploited, or exposed to unsafe working practices, or otherwise harshly treated - this is particularly important in the charity sector I believe.

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 22:48 - Dec 2 with 351 viewsjaykay

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 22:12 - Dec 2 by longtimefan

i always love how people say i wont be voting labour. they never say who they are going for as they embarrassed to say tory

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 22:59 - Dec 2 with 344 viewsEwan_Oozami

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:46 - Dec 2 by Herbivore

Why should the unions be politically neutral? Bizarre.

The one I'm in is politically neutral, but it is in the tech sector rather than traditional occupations...

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 23:20 - Dec 2 with 320 viewsHerbivore

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 22:59 - Dec 2 by Ewan_Oozami

The one I'm in is politically neutral, but it is in the tech sector rather than traditional occupations...

No issue with unions making that choice but I find it odd that someone would have that as an expectation of a union. If a party consistently promotes worker's rights whilst another doesn't then it would be a dereliction of duty for the union to remain neutral.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 23:30 - Dec 2 with 310 viewsEwan_Oozami

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 23:20 - Dec 2 by Herbivore

No issue with unions making that choice but I find it odd that someone would have that as an expectation of a union. If a party consistently promotes worker's rights whilst another doesn't then it would be a dereliction of duty for the union to remain neutral.

I agree, it wasn't an expectation from my part, just happens to be the sector I work in - we're not a public sector organisation so political views within members does vary considerably

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024