Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFS. 22:12 - Nov 29 with 4480 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

FFS. on 12:17 - Nov 30 with 555 viewsRyorry

FFS. on 12:08 - Nov 30 by HARRY10

any number of tweets, far tight looney forums, emails between like minded nutters

I expect we will be reading at some where it is claimed that this man's last words were 'Corbyn Akbar'

And for those above, my thought is that if you are a religious nut then you are no doubt aware of the view that who lives by the sword etc

Which I suspect is pretty much everyone else's thought, one way or another, about his death.

"any number of tweets, far tight looney forums, emails between like minded nutters"

Please post either specific links or c&p examples.

"I expect we will be reading at some where it is claimed that this man's last words were 'Corbyn Akbar'"

Shameful stirring by yourself.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

FFS. on 12:29 - Nov 30 with 540 viewsHARRY10

FFS. on 12:17 - Nov 30 by Ryorry

"any number of tweets, far tight looney forums, emails between like minded nutters"

Please post either specific links or c&p examples.

"I expect we will be reading at some where it is claimed that this man's last words were 'Corbyn Akbar'"

Shameful stirring by yourself.

nope, merely reflecting on what is likely to be happening based on past experience, and what happened yesterday ...

which is hardly 'stirring'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/london-bridge-attack-jeremy-corby
FFS. on 12:30 - Nov 30 with 539 viewssparks

FFS. on 11:51 - Nov 30 by HARRY10

Nope, that is a lie. There was no 'always', as

"LBC's reporter asked Mr Corbyn whether the death of al-Baghdadi was a good thing and he responded: "Him being removed from the scene is a very good thing.

"If it would have been possible to arrest him - I don't know the details of the circumstances at the time, I've only seen various statements put out by the US about it - surely that would have been the right thing to do."

Note the conditional word 'if'.

Unfortunately, as with so much else, it is far more convenient to change the words so as to change the story. Something that is an ever going problem when attempting to denate certain sbjects.

I agree my wording, on a phone, typing quickly, was imperfect.

But you really need to be more careful before you describe things as lies. It was not a "lie".

In the context of the Paris shootings, Corbyn objected to the policy the French police used- to go in and clear out the terrorists. "“I am awaiting an explanation of where the legal basis was for that incident that went on. Obviously people planning things to attack others is wrong, but there is a process to go on about that. That is why I am looking for a political process.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/nov/16/corbyn-against-shoot-to-kill-uk

He makes these coments (and has done so in similar terms again more recently I believe) in the context of a system in the UK where the police exercise reasonable force. The clear inference to be drawn is that he does not entirely agree with the status quo. I would like to know how far that goes and precisely what he proposes.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

FFS. on 12:31 - Nov 30 with 537 viewssparks

FFS. on 11:56 - Nov 30 by HARRY10

That's rather a silly strawman argument that would suggest that certain folk would choose to defend the position of someone like the man who was shot because it would serve their supposed 'anti British' sentiment.

Dog whistle, is what I think it is known as.

It is neither of those things- and you do yourself no favours at all by making offensive accusations.

Ironically- you are strawmanning...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

FFS. on 12:43 - Nov 30 with 502 viewsHARRY10

FFS. on 12:31 - Nov 30 by sparks

It is neither of those things- and you do yourself no favours at all by making offensive accusations.

Ironically- you are strawmanning...

eh ?
FFS. on 12:43 - Nov 30 with 501 viewssparks

FFS. on 12:29 - Nov 30 by HARRY10

nope, merely reflecting on what is likely to be happening based on past experience, and what happened yesterday ...

which is hardly 'stirring'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/london-bridge-attack-jeremy-corby

No. You are stirring- based, at best, on cherry picking the odd genuine lunatic and, at worst, on a strawman made up example.

Deeply distasteful in the circumstances.

FFS. on 12:44 - Nov 30 with 500 viewssparks

FFS. on 12:43 - Nov 30 by HARRY10

eh ?

Clueless.

FFS. on 12:48 - Nov 30 with 496 viewsHARRY10

FFS. on 12:30 - Nov 30 by sparks

I agree my wording, on a phone, typing quickly, was imperfect.

But you really need to be more careful before you describe things as lies. It was not a "lie".

In the context of the Paris shootings, Corbyn objected to the policy the French police used- to go in and clear out the terrorists. "“I am awaiting an explanation of where the legal basis was for that incident that went on. Obviously people planning things to attack others is wrong, but there is a process to go on about that. That is why I am looking for a political process.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/nov/16/corbyn-against-shoot-to-kill-uk

He makes these coments (and has done so in similar terms again more recently I believe) in the context of a system in the UK where the police exercise reasonable force. The clear inference to be drawn is that he does not entirely agree with the status quo. I would like to know how far that goes and precisely what he proposes.

The Guardian article rather contradicts your claim. Have a closer read.

His thought is one of prevention rather than simply letting this stuff happen then engage in a shoot out.

Were the 'troubles' in Ireland resolved by who 'outshot' the other ?

However if you and others choose to misrepresent this then that might suggest where part of these problems lie.
Login to get fewer ads

FFS. on 12:50 - Nov 30 with 493 viewssparks

FFS. on 12:48 - Nov 30 by HARRY10

The Guardian article rather contradicts your claim. Have a closer read.

His thought is one of prevention rather than simply letting this stuff happen then engage in a shoot out.

Were the 'troubles' in Ireland resolved by who 'outshot' the other ?

However if you and others choose to misrepresent this then that might suggest where part of these problems lie.

Good grief. Read what is written.

Stop being so patently dishonest. And apologise for your insults.

FFS. on 13:00 - Nov 30 with 486 viewsHARRY10

FFS. on 12:50 - Nov 30 by sparks

Good grief. Read what is written.

Stop being so patently dishonest. And apologise for your insults.

insults ?

pointing out where you have misrepresented what was said is an insult ?

suggesting that misrepresentattion is one of the causes of various political problems is an insult ?
FFS. on 13:31 - Nov 30 with 464 viewsBlueBadger

FFS. on 10:23 - Nov 30 by artsbossbeard

That's full on deranged.

We have a little joke within our footy WhatsApp group that whenever something goes wrong, someone will post "CORBYN!!!!"

I think Frances has taken it a step too far.

This is quite libellous.

I wonder if she's ever driven a flying car or fed a ham sandwich to a fox?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

FFS. on 13:38 - Nov 30 with 458 viewssparks

FFS. on 13:00 - Nov 30 by HARRY10

insults ?

pointing out where you have misrepresented what was said is an insult ?

suggesting that misrepresentattion is one of the causes of various political problems is an insult ?

Calling somethign a lie- when it is not one, and failing to retract it is indeed insulting.

As is accusing someone of strawmanning when they have not.

Grow up. You are trying to engage, way outside your level of insight and competence.

FFS. on 13:42 - Nov 30 with 446 viewsHerbivore

FFS. on 13:38 - Nov 30 by sparks

Calling somethign a lie- when it is not one, and failing to retract it is indeed insulting.

As is accusing someone of strawmanning when they have not.

Grow up. You are trying to engage, way outside your level of insight and competence.

Evidently your ego is more important than two people losing their lives in a terrorist attack. Get a grip ffs.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

FFS. on 13:48 - Nov 30 with 437 viewsBlueBadger

FFS. on 09:57 - Nov 30 by hampstead_blue

had his sentence reduced on appeal!

We need to grip this. Some people just don't want to live in peace.

We should start by stopping voting for the people who are cutting, privatising and running down police, prison, criminal justice and probation services?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024