Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
at least we got clarity on nuses last night qt 08:38 - Nov 29 with 730 viewssparks

I thought maybe the cons had been saying that they were losing x number each year and therefore adding 50k had to include stopping that to add 50k to the total. But expressing it very badly.

But no. It was very clearly put. 50k more than there would otherwise have been in 10 years but for the proposed measures. So it has indeed been a wilfully and cynically dishonest claim.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

at least we got clarity on nuses last night qt on 08:44 - Nov 29 with 706 viewsHerbivore

They're hoping the numbers baffle people, when you break it down it is just very simple dishonesty. They are not looking at 50k more nurses under any analysis and haven't fully costed the 31k they're actually looking at employing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

at least we got clarity on nuses last night qt on 12:02 - Nov 29 with 638 viewsBrixtonBlue

Thank you. I hope the likes of Healy and Lowhouse saw that/read this thread.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

at least we got clarity on nuses last night qt on 12:15 - Nov 29 with 620 viewsSwansea_Blue

That’s the first time I’ve heard a minister explain it (mostly) correctly and honestly. Ok he still tried to defend the claim they were all new, but was truthful in how that 50k figure will be delivered.

It’s clear that the original messaging was deliberately misleading. Still nice to hear that only 32k or so will be genuinely new though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

at least we got clarity on nuses last night qt on 12:15 - Nov 29 with 619 viewsjontysnut

at least we got clarity on nuses last night qt on 12:02 - Nov 29 by BrixtonBlue

Thank you. I hope the likes of Healy and Lowhouse saw that/read this thread.

never ask a politician about the NHS. There are 43,000 vacant nursing posts at the moment. Even if the government could fill these there still wouldn't be enough given increasing demand, ageing population with multiple conditions and people leaving.
at least we got clarity on nuses last night qt on 12:20 - Nov 29 with 608 viewsHerbivore

at least we got clarity on nuses last night qt on 12:15 - Nov 29 by jontysnut

never ask a politician about the NHS. There are 43,000 vacant nursing posts at the moment. Even if the government could fill these there still wouldn't be enough given increasing demand, ageing population with multiple conditions and people leaving.

I think it's more like 100k isn't it? Or is that all medical personnel?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

at least we got clarity on nuses last night qt on 12:34 - Nov 29 with 592 viewsOldsmoker

Did anyone mention the Nursing bursary ended in England (not in Wales) on Aug 1 2017. No grants for nursing students so this hit the intake. New nurses will have the usual student debt associated with student loans hanging over them when they start their jobs.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024