Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incoming controversial post alert 08:19 - Nov 27 with 2321 viewsartsbossbeard

We're a Mick-esque team still despite the money spent and pub league standard we're up against.

In fact, the pub league nature of this division distorts our view somewhat as we look to be playing better but it's mainly due to the quality, or lack of, of the opposition.

BCWYF

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Incoming controversial post alert on 10:21 - Nov 27 with 388 viewsBlueBadger

Incoming controversial post alert on 08:28 - Nov 27 by Bluefish

Lambert doesn't seem to believe in himself to set a system and dominate. We have the players but not the system. When he arrived he seemed to believe more by installing a shape and style but when it failed dismally it seems to be as hoc and hope for the best. He is roy keanesque at the moment

Good at pressers but little else?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Let me make it quite simple for you: on 11:25 - Nov 27 with 368 viewsunstableblue

Let me make it quite simple for you: on 10:14 - Nov 27 by BlueBadger

It's been 17 games this season, plus cups, plus a fair chunk of last season that the majority of these players have been playing together - how long do they need to click?
We're playing a division lower and yet most of the 'superior' passing we're seeing is still aimless midfield 'tip-tap' ala last season's 'Improved performances' rather than any kind of purposeful pass and move. We're getting away with it because the oposition is by and large, terrible.

Personally I think we've got more than enough in the tank to achieve automatic promotion but what concerns me is what comes after. I fear us looking like Celtic or Rangers when they step out of eth warm bath of Scottish Football and actually have to play half-decent opposition - the occasional memorable win, but otherwise a joyless, fruitless slog.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 10:22]

Totally agree on the 'clicking' point, and that's the lingering concern with PL, that perhaps and selection/rotation - albeit,in the last 10mins last night Wycombe were tiring and hanging on, so perhaps some merit.

I do think you're also right that we were much nicer to watch end of last season (series of 1-1 draws), far nicer on the eye that Mick's last two seasons. BUT it was too tippy-tappy. I do think some of our forward play AT TIMES this season HAS been purposeful,indeed even last night some of the balls up to Nolan/Jackson on the floor were excellent.

Take the Downes goal this season, it was wonderful....

We just need to build and build and get these improved performances for longer.

But some of the reaction to last night's performance is completely emotive, over the top, and based in prejudice to Lambert.

We left disappointed last night, but excited and entertained by the spectacle. This season is more interesting than for many years, period.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Let me make it quite simple for you: on 11:33 - Nov 27 with 356 viewsHerbivore

Let me make it quite simple for you: on 11:25 - Nov 27 by unstableblue

Totally agree on the 'clicking' point, and that's the lingering concern with PL, that perhaps and selection/rotation - albeit,in the last 10mins last night Wycombe were tiring and hanging on, so perhaps some merit.

I do think you're also right that we were much nicer to watch end of last season (series of 1-1 draws), far nicer on the eye that Mick's last two seasons. BUT it was too tippy-tappy. I do think some of our forward play AT TIMES this season HAS been purposeful,indeed even last night some of the balls up to Nolan/Jackson on the floor were excellent.

Take the Downes goal this season, it was wonderful....

We just need to build and build and get these improved performances for longer.

But some of the reaction to last night's performance is completely emotive, over the top, and based in prejudice to Lambert.

We left disappointed last night, but excited and entertained by the spectacle. This season is more interesting than for many years, period.

I wasn't excited or entertained by the spectacle last night. Most of the feelings I had from the game related to the ref rather than the football we played which, let's be honest, wasn't great.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Let me make it quite simple for you: on 12:09 - Nov 27 with 335 viewsmonty_radio

Let me make it quite simple for you: on 11:33 - Nov 27 by Herbivore

I wasn't excited or entertained by the spectacle last night. Most of the feelings I had from the game related to the ref rather than the football we played which, let's be honest, wasn't great.

The amount of ball we had and the time spent going forward filled me consistently with nervous hope that our lack of planned outlets and attacking ploys wouldn't let us down this time round. Then, as soon as we lost the ball, Wycombe had the lumbering capability to ensure we wouldn't see it again for some while, especially if the chance of the customary 45-second throw-in dropped their way. Hard to maintain excitement like that.

That aspect of the play (or lack of it) was something the ref should have noticed and booked early doors instead of rushing flamboyantly back to the centre with his back turned to the Wycombe player wiping his shirt, the ball, his nose, and anything else he could think of.

Having said that, the likelihood of us scoring by working it forward cogently from the back was about as likely as in either Mick's latter time or Hurst's entire time.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024