Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone live in an area where their vote matters? 10:07 - Nov 21 with 6197 viewsElephantintheRoom

Lots of threads on politics on here - but given the UK voting system the Tories will keep all their seats in most of Ipswich catchment area (Ipswich aside - with maybe Labour Cambridge up for grabs too).

The right wing Tory loon parachuted into Saffron Walden got over 60% of the vote despite living in Wimbledon - and will almost certainly keep her seat as the LIb Dem on offer is an uninspiring grey beard who has been on the receiving end of the voice of the Uttlesford people before.

Could be worse....if I lived 1 mile west I would be mourning the loss of the fragrant Heidi Allen.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Anyone live in an area where their vote matters? on 15:26 - Nov 21 with 1110 viewsJ2BLUE

I live in Ipswich and I would like to credit footers for making me realise that it's my democratic duty to vote. As I stick that X in the Tory box i'll be thinking of you mate, thank you x

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone live in an area where their vote matters? on 15:36 - Nov 21 with 1086 views26_Paz

Safe Conservative where I am. Sensible people in these parts

The Paz Man

Anyone live in an area where their vote matters? on 15:37 - Nov 21 with 1088 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone live in an area where their vote matters? on 15:24 - Nov 21 by DanTheMan

That genuinely surprises me, especially given Lib Dems have stepped down and I can't see that many going for Soubry.

Surprised me too.

Con 42.6%
Lab 32.9%
Min 22.9%
Grn. 1.5%

67% chance of conservative win.

Based on polls up to 16/11.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Anyone live in an area where their vote matters? on 15:41 - Nov 21 with 1082 viewsflimflam

Jo Churchill so nailed on Tory win

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Anyone live in an area where their vote matters? on 21:39 - Nov 21 with 1033 viewsbrazil1982

I've recently moved to a staunch labour constituency. I had intended voting for an Independent but none are standing. Almost no point but I always cast my vote.
Anyone live in an area where their vote matters? on 21:54 - Nov 21 with 1028 viewsPlums

Anyone live in an area where their vote matters? on 15:16 - Nov 21 by DanTheMan

Amazed how many of us in Broxtowe there are on here.

normally vote Lib Dem but not this time. Really torn

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Anyone live in an area where their vote matters? on 22:05 - Nov 21 with 1021 viewsSarge

Anyone live in an area where their vote matters? on 15:36 - Nov 21 by 26_Paz

Safe Conservative where I am. Sensible people in these parts

Your statements contradict each other.
Anyone live in an area where their vote matters? on 00:34 - Nov 22 with 994 viewsZedRodgers

Anyone live in an area where their vote matters? on 15:18 - Nov 21 by Pinewoodblue

Don't often respond twice to a post but a quick check of predictions for individual seats suggests you are going to be disappointed with Labour share of the vote down to below 33% with a comfortable conservative win.

Thanks for carrying out your quick check and for the heads up.

No, not at the moment

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone live in an area where their vote matters? on 07:04 - Nov 22 with 952 viewsTractorWood

Hancock won't even campaign in West Suffolk. Lots of Lib Dem signs up in Cambridge as it was one of the biggest anti Brexit areas in the referendum. I suspect they'll win it in Cambridge.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Anyone live in an area where their vote matters? on 07:19 - Nov 22 with 944 viewsGaryCooper

Anyone live in an area where their vote matters? on 11:45 - Nov 21 by midastouch

I'm really not engaged with politics at the moment which is a shame as for years I used to regularly watch Question Time, This Week, Newsnight, Daily Politics, you name it! But sadly nobody out there seems worth the shoe leather right now. So once upon a time I wouldn't have to ask this question but now I do. That is, where are the forecast marginal constituencies right now? Needless to say the party machines will be throwing the kitchen sink at those areas. I haven't watched or read the news (apart from a bit of online skimming) for a few weeks now. Is Great Yarmouth a marginal? No way could I vote Tory seeing the damage that Universal Credit has done to the town with loads more homeless people as a result. People get sanctioned (i.e. money cut) for trivial things and if they don't have a bank of mum and dad, or a kind generous friend to help see them through, it's not long before the private landlord (at least the more callous ones) will have them out on the street (especially if they don't know their rights) and thus they are just one or two pay cheques away from being homeless. I went up town last night and I got asked for money twice from desperate looking people. The cold winter wind is bitter on the coast. My heart goes out to anybody out in that cold right now. We need to be doing FAR MORE as a country to help people that have fallen through the cracks END OF!

Universal credit is a sh1t show, this is why it is so important to get elected, reach out to the middle ground appeal to the majority, Labour will not win because of their leader, he is a liability.

His followers and apologists will be, in part, responsible for 5 more years of tory nonsense.
Anyone live in an area where their vote matters? on 07:25 - Nov 22 with 941 viewsWeWereZombies

Straight fight between Liberals and SNP here, would be satisfying to see Blackford ousted (and for the Conservatives to lose their party leader elsewhere too) but Craig Harrow really is an unknown. Still he is playing on the Charles Kennedy association so he could be a welcome breath of fresh air.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Anyone live in an area where their vote matters? on 07:38 - Nov 22 with 935 viewsbaxterbasics

I’m voting for Dr Dan so no drama likely here. Ipswich is interesting though. I predict Sandy will hold on.

I also note the former Brexit Party candidate in Suffolk Coastal is still running as an independent after Farage withdrew. Probably won’t make a dent but worth a watch.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Anyone live in an area where their vote matters? on 08:08 - Nov 22 with 921 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone live in an area where their vote matters? on 07:38 - Nov 22 by baxterbasics

I’m voting for Dr Dan so no drama likely here. Ipswich is interesting though. I predict Sandy will hold on.

I also note the former Brexit Party candidate in Suffolk Coastal is still running as an independent after Farage withdrew. Probably won’t make a dent but worth a watch.

The UKIP candidate from last time won't be standing in CS&NI as is in prison for murdering his wife......Dr Dan should walk to victory here, despite being a full time Dr and part time, and even that is stretching it, MP.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024