Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... 15:16 - Oct 23 with 2037 viewsNthsuffolkblue

only what they might gain.

If this deal is so brilliant have the confidence to put it to the people.

It is time to put this deal, if this the best this government can do, back to the people.

Lord Cashman.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 15:17 - Oct 23 with 2026 viewsFtnfwest

Their ability to spell?
Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 15:32 - Oct 23 with 1981 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 15:17 - Oct 23 by Ftnfwest

Their ability to spell?

Not sure where the spelling mistake is even if I did somehow miss out the word "is" … which is, of course, a grammatical error rather than a spelling mistake.

Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 15:36 - Oct 23 with 1963 viewsFtnfwest

Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 15:32 - Oct 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not sure where the spelling mistake is even if I did somehow miss out the word "is" … which is, of course, a grammatical error rather than a spelling mistake.

Must be a different country then
Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 15:38 - Oct 23 with 1960 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 15:36 - Oct 23 by Ftnfwest

Must be a different country then

Please explain.

Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 15:40 - Oct 23 with 1954 viewsfactual_blue

Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 15:38 - Oct 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Please explain.

RULE BIRTANNIA

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Nowhere were the British people told what they will lose ... on 15:43 - Oct 23 with 1945 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 15:40 - Oct 23 by factual_blue

RULE BIRTANNIA

Thanks.

I managed to miss that repeatedly when re-reading.

I would have thought spell-check would have got it. I guess the capitalisation missed it.

I will leave it now so the thread makes sense (apart from in this reply)!

Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 15:53 - Oct 23 with 1913 viewsusm

Why?

The public wont understand, both sides will lie and no-one will accept the result.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 16:05 - Oct 23 with 1876 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 15:53 - Oct 23 by usm

Why?

The public wont understand, both sides will lie and no-one will accept the result.

Fair enough. Those are all good reasons why the initial referendum should never have been held.

However, we are where we are. If a referendum on the deal is held and leave with the deal wins it we can't really argue, we will just have to fall off the cliff face with them.

If there is another one and remain wins, it shows this isn't actually the will of the people after all. Some might argue another deal could be sought or leaving with no deal could be voted on and a lot of that would depend on the margin of victory/defeat.

I just think this is too major a thing to accept the result of the referendum from 3 years ago as the current will of the people, especially when the detail was a pure unknown.

Login to get fewer ads

Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 16:12 - Oct 23 with 1867 viewsusm

Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 16:05 - Oct 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Fair enough. Those are all good reasons why the initial referendum should never have been held.

However, we are where we are. If a referendum on the deal is held and leave with the deal wins it we can't really argue, we will just have to fall off the cliff face with them.

If there is another one and remain wins, it shows this isn't actually the will of the people after all. Some might argue another deal could be sought or leaving with no deal could be voted on and a lot of that would depend on the margin of victory/defeat.

I just think this is too major a thing to accept the result of the referendum from 3 years ago as the current will of the people, especially when the detail was a pure unknown.

The whole thing has become a joke.

If a second referendum is held and its a close call - which seems likely - it wont get through. Some MPs have stated they will never vote for Brexit, irrespective of any referendum result - they should be sacked.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 16:16 - Oct 23 with 1856 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 16:12 - Oct 23 by usm

If a second referendum is held and its a close call - which seems likely - it wont get through. Some MPs have stated they will never vote for Brexit, irrespective of any referendum result - they should be sacked.

If the majority agree to a referendum on the deal on the table the same MPs would be hard pushed to fail to implement the result.

I am an ardent "remainer" but I accept that if a referendum on the deal on the table showed public support for it that we should leave. I just don't think there is public support either for this deal or for no deal. That leaves the possibility there is another deal to be done but so much time has been spent with May and then Johnson just thinking they can dictate the terms it would be like starting afresh.

Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 18:20 - Oct 23 with 1761 viewsBlueBadger

Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 15:40 - Oct 23 by factual_blue

RULE BIRTANNIA

BAILS

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 18:57 - Oct 23 with 1694 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 16:12 - Oct 23 by usm

There’s only one way to ‘get it done’, to end the nightmare, and that’s revoke A50, apologise profusely for being the massive wangers in the EU ‘family’, and then get on with improving the country and trying to reverse the damaging effects so far.

Won’t happen of course, but it’s the sensible choice. This could all stop tomorrow if they wanted it to.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 20:08 - Oct 23 with 1620 viewsBlueBadger

Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 16:16 - Oct 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

If the majority agree to a referendum on the deal on the table the same MPs would be hard pushed to fail to implement the result.

I am an ardent "remainer" but I accept that if a referendum on the deal on the table showed public support for it that we should leave. I just don't think there is public support either for this deal or for no deal. That leaves the possibility there is another deal to be done but so much time has been spent with May and then Johnson just thinking they can dictate the terms it would be like starting afresh.

The sensible thing to was opt for a 'Norway' and have done with it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 20:13 - Oct 23 with 1610 viewsBlueBadger

'MPs should e sacked for actually standing up for their beliefs' is an interesting concept.

Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 20:13 - Oct 23 with 1607 viewsbradforblues

An economic assessment has been done outlining how this deal will affect the general public yet the government won't release it. Doesn't take a genius to work out it will say we are all going to be worse off hence it's hidden away somewhere. Why did we vote Brexit, can someone remind me please ?

you are my ipswich !!

Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 21:03 - Oct 23 with 1547 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 20:13 - Oct 23 by bradforblues

An economic assessment has been done outlining how this deal will affect the general public yet the government won't release it. Doesn't take a genius to work out it will say we are all going to be worse off hence it's hidden away somewhere. Why did we vote Brexit, can someone remind me please ?

- We're going to be better off (all evidence suggets the opposite)

- The NHS could get an extra £350m per week from the savings (there will be no savings, see above)

- We'll stop immigrants (nope, already making plans to ensue businesses get access to workers from overseas if needed; we're just getting rid of peolpe who've spent decades here, contributing, and splitting up families in the process)

- We're taking back control (nope, never lost it in the first place)

- We'll be able to make our own laws (we already can, see above; Parliament and the courts are clearly demonstrating they are not hindered by the EU)

- We will keep our free trade deal with the EU and be able to trade with hte rest of the world (deosn't look like we will, and we already do)

- Boris wants to be PM (ah......maybe one thing is true after all).
[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 21:03]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 19:52 - Oct 21 with 560 viewsbradforblues

Nowhere were the Birtish people told what they will lose ... on 21:03 - Oct 23 by Swansea_Blue

- We're going to be better off (all evidence suggets the opposite)

- The NHS could get an extra £350m per week from the savings (there will be no savings, see above)

- We'll stop immigrants (nope, already making plans to ensue businesses get access to workers from overseas if needed; we're just getting rid of peolpe who've spent decades here, contributing, and splitting up families in the process)

- We're taking back control (nope, never lost it in the first place)

- We'll be able to make our own laws (we already can, see above; Parliament and the courts are clearly demonstrating they are not hindered by the EU)

- We will keep our free trade deal with the EU and be able to trade with hte rest of the world (deosn't look like we will, and we already do)

- Boris wants to be PM (ah......maybe one thing is true after all).
[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 21:03]

Nailed it !

you are my ipswich !!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024