Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick’s Ireland. 18:19 - Oct 15 with 6136 viewsMoriarty

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/1015/1083604-pitch-inspection-ahead-of-irel

Looks like the pitch will suit Switzerland’s long ball game.

fka omuircheartaigh

Mick’s Ireland. on 08:57 - Oct 16 with 1764 viewsartsbossbeard

Mick’s Ireland. on 08:20 - Oct 16 by itfcjoe

I've watched the last 2 games and safe to say Ireland massively lack quality in an attacking sense, it really is a struggle for them.

Looks as though Mick has done a decent job so far, I thought they were good enough for a draw last night but didn't get that bit of luck needed around the box, early goal made it difficult.

Switzerland and Denmark are much better than them, if they can sneak through the group it is a job very well done

This is the thing though isn't it?

People seem to be blaming Mick for the ROI as a nation not producing another Robbie Keane. Or a Niall Quinn.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Mick’s Ireland. on 08:59 - Oct 16 with 1753 viewsBluefish

Mick’s Ireland. on 08:35 - Oct 16 by textbackup

LOL - Mings?

theres some straws need clutching at to big up MM, but id really not suggest Mings is one of them.

Why? Not many bigger success stories and extremely topical

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Mick’s Ireland. on 09:38 - Oct 16 with 1720 viewsitfcjoe

Mick’s Ireland. on 08:57 - Oct 16 by artsbossbeard

This is the thing though isn't it?

People seem to be blaming Mick for the ROI as a nation not producing another Robbie Keane. Or a Niall Quinn.

They have been such a poorly run federation for so long, compare them to Wales as an example.

Yes Wales struggling now, but they have a really good structure and will come good again as have quality

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mick’s Ireland. on 10:17 - Oct 16 with 1693 viewsMoriarty

Mick’s Ireland. on 08:20 - Oct 16 by itfcjoe

I've watched the last 2 games and safe to say Ireland massively lack quality in an attacking sense, it really is a struggle for them.

Looks as though Mick has done a decent job so far, I thought they were good enough for a draw last night but didn't get that bit of luck needed around the box, early goal made it difficult.

Switzerland and Denmark are much better than them, if they can sneak through the group it is a job very well done

That’s a fair observation.

We have some good youngsters brewing. Hopefully Connolly and Troy Parrot can make it. Hopefully better times ahead.

Mick has made us competitive against better teams.

fka omuircheartaigh

Mick’s Ireland. on 10:24 - Oct 16 with 1680 viewsPositivelyPortman

Mick’s Ireland. on 08:59 - Oct 16 by Bluefish

Why? Not many bigger success stories and extremely topical

Mings was spotted by Russell Osman and recommended for a trial.
He wasn’t unearthed by big nose.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Mick’s Ireland. on 10:25 - Oct 16 with 1678 viewsMoriarty

Mick’s Ireland. on 09:38 - Oct 16 by itfcjoe

They have been such a poorly run federation for so long, compare them to Wales as an example.

Yes Wales struggling now, but they have a really good structure and will come good again as have quality

The FAI are a shambles.

fka omuircheartaigh

Mick’s Ireland. on 10:29 - Oct 16 with 1671 viewsBluefish

Mick’s Ireland. on 10:24 - Oct 16 by PositivelyPortman

He was signed and developed by the beautiful super Mick. All players are recommended by scouts

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Mick’s Ireland. on 10:31 - Oct 16 with 1666 viewslongtimefan

Mick’s Ireland. on 10:29 - Oct 16 by Bluefish

He was signed and developed by the beautiful super Mick. All players are recommended by scouts

As was the other non-league entity that many on here thought warranted a place in the all-time worst Ipswich team. You know, Kieffer Moore, the bloke who scored for Wales this week
[Post edited 16 Oct 2019 10:36]
Login to get fewer ads

Mick’s Ireland. on 10:36 - Oct 16 with 1661 viewsitfcjoe

Mick’s Ireland. on 10:24 - Oct 16 by PositivelyPortman

Do you think Football League managers traipse round non-league games looking for players? Everyone is a recommendation and they have dozens to filter through.

Anyone who tries to take credit away from Mick for Mings is clearly too far gone

Mick’s Ireland. on 11:23 - Oct 16 with 1622 viewstextbackup

Mick’s Ireland. on 10:36 - Oct 16 by itfcjoe

Do you think Football League managers traipse round non-league games looking for players? Everyone is a recommendation and they have dozens to filter through.

Anyone who tries to take credit away from Mick for Mings is clearly too far gone

i'm not taking any credit away from MM for TM..... however TM worked with far superior manager in eddie howe after MM, that i'm sure took his game on to another level.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mick’s Ireland. on 11:50 - Oct 16 with 1593 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Mick’s Ireland. on 12:16 - Oct 16 with 1569 viewsitfcjoe

Mick’s Ireland. on 11:23 - Oct 16 by textbackup

i'm not taking any credit away from MM for TM..... however TM worked with far superior manager in eddie howe after MM, that i'm sure took his game on to another level.

He never seemed to get anywhere at Bournemouth though under Howe - 10 starts in 4 years and playing games is what pushes players on, so guess he had a better time under Mick here and progressed more.

Also, take different things from different managers - look at someone like Webster who came in here a bit ropey at the back, Mick got him defending properly, goes to Bristol and builds on that under Johnson and is now looking really good.

Just find it funny that people take credit from Mick for Mings because he was recommended to the club by Osman, he also played for the Nike Academy a couple of times which is run by Dave Bowman who is Mick's scout.

Mick’s Ireland. on 12:29 - Oct 16 with 1554 viewstextbackup

Mick’s Ireland. on 12:16 - Oct 16 by itfcjoe

He never seemed to get anywhere at Bournemouth though under Howe - 10 starts in 4 years and playing games is what pushes players on, so guess he had a better time under Mick here and progressed more.

Also, take different things from different managers - look at someone like Webster who came in here a bit ropey at the back, Mick got him defending properly, goes to Bristol and builds on that under Johnson and is now looking really good.

Just find it funny that people take credit from Mick for Mings because he was recommended to the club by Osman, he also played for the Nike Academy a couple of times which is run by Dave Bowman who is Mick's scout.

he was injured most of Bournemouth career, would suggest to me that he listened and took onboard what the manager was saying, learning whilst not playing. he's a smart lad.
some credit goes to MM for signing him, but I don't personally believe he made him the England international he is.
and whilst on that subject, TM faced Bulgaria, I really don't see the wnkfest personally, they were terrible.
i'd be interested to see how he does against someone of quality

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mick’s Ireland. on 12:45 - Oct 16 with 1538 viewsDubtractor

Mick’s Ireland. on 10:17 - Oct 16 by Moriarty

That’s a fair observation.

We have some good youngsters brewing. Hopefully Connolly and Troy Parrot can make it. Hopefully better times ahead.

Mick has made us competitive against better teams.

That is one of mick's good and bad points. He will make any team competitive against superior teams, but struggles to switch up to a more progressive approach against lesser teams.

We were very rarely put to the sword against better teams under his management, and gave a few bloody noses, yet often put in turgid performances against the rotherhams of the division.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Mick’s Ireland. on 13:38 - Oct 16 with 1497 viewsitfcjoe

Mick’s Ireland. on 12:29 - Oct 16 by textbackup

he was injured most of Bournemouth career, would suggest to me that he listened and took onboard what the manager was saying, learning whilst not playing. he's a smart lad.
some credit goes to MM for signing him, but I don't personally believe he made him the England international he is.
and whilst on that subject, TM faced Bulgaria, I really don't see the wnkfest personally, they were terrible.
i'd be interested to see how he does against someone of quality

Best he could have hoped for against bulgaria was to earn a chance against a better team - not easy for a CB to do when we played so well - but he has done so fair play to him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024