Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All these teenage stabbings in london 08:41 - Oct 11 with 15654 viewsfergalsharkey

Drug gang tit for tat killings obviously but how do you deal with it?
I think the government should look at changing certain laws to loosen the restraints on what legally can be used as evidence against these vile little rodents.
2 more killed last night, and there is a school of thought which makes you think that if we back away then eventually they will all kill each other.
With the reduction in police numbers in the met maybe that is the grand plan.

Poll: Cook out?

All these teenage stabbings in london on 14:06 - Oct 11 with 1941 viewsPrideOfTheEast

All these teenage stabbings in london on 14:02 - Oct 11 by Herbivore

Can you link me to some evidence that legalising or decriminalising drugs leads to more use? Certainly in Europe countries with more relaxed attitudes to drugs have less problematic usage and usage generally than we have in the UK. Here is a nice piece on Portugal's approach for example: https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/dec/05/portugals-radical-drugs-policy-is-w

That’s not necessarily what he’s saying though. More people trying something might not lead to more use overall but could lead to people who otherwise wouldn’t enter into illegal activity, then doing so.
All these teenage stabbings in london on 14:06 - Oct 11 with 1929 viewsHerbivore

All these teenage stabbings in london on 14:04 - Oct 11 by PrideOfTheEast

But if it was legal how many others might use it and what would the impact of that be. We don’t know that.

This stuff is easy to research and your instinctive view that decriminalising or legalising drugs leads to a massive increase in users simply doesn't reflect the evidence.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

All these teenage stabbings in london on 14:07 - Oct 11 with 1921 viewsHerbivore

All these teenage stabbings in london on 14:06 - Oct 11 by PrideOfTheEast

That’s not necessarily what he’s saying though. More people trying something might not lead to more use overall but could lead to people who otherwise wouldn’t enter into illegal activity, then doing so.

Which is a view that isn't really supported by evidence. And if overall usage drops surely that is a good thing?

All these teenage stabbings in london on 14:07 - Oct 11 with 1929 viewsPrideOfTheEast

All these teenage stabbings in london on 14:05 - Oct 11 by Herbivore

Why not? Because it contradicts your unevidenced view perhaps?

Not at all. I don’t have an evidenced view (and nor do you) because these things aren’t legal here.
All these teenage stabbings in london on 14:09 - Oct 11 with 1918 viewsPrideOfTheEast

All these teenage stabbings in london on 14:07 - Oct 11 by Herbivore

Which is a view that isn't really supported by evidence. And if overall usage drops surely that is a good thing?

Jesus. Good luck to you but I can’t be bothered.. Better things to do.
All these teenage stabbings in london on 14:10 - Oct 11 with 1908 viewsHerbivore

All these teenage stabbings in london on 14:07 - Oct 11 by PrideOfTheEast

Not at all. I don’t have an evidenced view (and nor do you) because these things aren’t legal here.

My view is supported by evidence actually. Places where use has been decriminalised tend to have less usage and see a significant decrease in problematic usage. I expect your next move will be to discount that evidence because it's not the UK but that's a rather silly position to adopt and is the view I'd expect from a Brexit voter who sees the UK as being somehow exceptional.

Come on Chickers... on 14:10 - Oct 11 with 1915 viewsDyland

All these teenage stabbings in london on 11:53 - Oct 11 by chicoazul

Sounds like your parents did a terrible job bringing you up.

Be a dick, but don't get personal. The latter doesn't suit you, and I mean that as a compliment.

Being a dick does of course suit you very well :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

All these teenage stabbings in london on 14:10 - Oct 11 with 1900 viewsHerbivore

All these teenage stabbings in london on 14:09 - Oct 11 by PrideOfTheEast

I'll take your concession. Have a good day.

Login to get fewer ads

All these teenage stabbings in london on 14:10 - Oct 11 with 1906 viewsfooters

All these teenage stabbings in london on 14:09 - Oct 11 by PrideOfTheEast

Drugs?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

All these teenage stabbings in london on 14:17 - Oct 11 with 1887 viewschicoazul

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50014205

i wonder if the guy who has done this will turn out to be a heavy cannabis user, like so many many other "terrorists" and mass killers in the UK?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

All these teenage stabbings in london on 14:30 - Oct 11 with 1870 viewsPendejo

All these teenage stabbings in london on 13:39 - Oct 11 by haynes_toe1

I personally think the complete opposite is the problem. The police in recent years have been too lenient over, in particular, cannabis and cocaine. Cocaine in particular has seen a shift from being immediate arrest to having it taken off them and that's about it.

Legalising everything to me is just a lazy way out of it. The reality is for our country and society the less amount of people on these drugs, the better. Legalising just opens up to a whole new audience who otherwise wouldn't touch the stuff.

"The reality for our country and society is the less amount of people on these drugs, the better"

Can't disagree with the basic point, however, the genie, as they say, is out of the bottle.

Much of the knife violence is gang related, the gangs are the street distributors of the drugs and are in competition with each other and their means of dealing with competition is violence. Much has been written about the fact that it is the sheer number of casual non-addicted users of drugs that fuel this trade.

Given that the products are illegal, yet it is the most successful business over the last 50 years or so tells you all you need to know about keeping it illegal. If the drugs were legalised they could be regulated, and properly planned for in terms of dealing with overdoses in a timely fashion.

HOWEVER

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Drugs will not be legalised as there are more cash dollars / pounds / euros to be taxed via laundering than if the products were made legal.
Legalisation would deflate pricing massively and there would be tax revenue generated in an honest open fashion* the current profit margin is such that laundering creates greater tax revenue.

Finally, there has always been gang violence of one description or other... but once upon a time maybe it was for pleasure rather than business...?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

All these teenage stabbings in london on 14:35 - Oct 11 with 1861 viewsmonytowbray

All these teenage stabbings in london on 14:06 - Oct 11 by PrideOfTheEast

If it's no longer illegal then what's the problem though.

If the Tories made w@nking illegal tomorrow would it mean the UK has a w@nking problem?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

All these teenage stabbings in london on 14:37 - Oct 11 with 1854 viewsmonytowbray

All these teenage stabbings in london on 14:17 - Oct 11 by chicoazul

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50014205

i wonder if the guy who has done this will turn out to be a heavy cannabis user, like so many many other "terrorists" and mass killers in the UK?

Any evidence to back that claim?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

All these teenage stabbings in london on 14:47 - Oct 11 with 1837 viewsnoggin

All these teenage stabbings in london on 11:57 - Oct 11 by chicoazul

If you were out seeing criminals buying weed and smoking it regularly, at 13 when your brain chemistry is very much developing, then it seems to me to be very uncontroversial to say your parents failed you at a time when you really needed them.

Really? Your parents must have been amazing.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

All these teenage stabbings in london on 14:55 - Oct 11 with 1821 viewsgiant_stow

All these teenage stabbings in london on 11:53 - Oct 11 by chicoazul

Sounds like your parents did a terrible job bringing you up.

What's your own drugs story mr? Realise its a personal question, but you seem to have breached that dam with that comment, so just wonderring really...

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

All these teenage stabbings in london on 15:15 - Oct 11 with 1803 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

All these teenage stabbings in london on 14:30 - Oct 11 by Pendejo

"The reality for our country and society is the less amount of people on these drugs, the better"

Can't disagree with the basic point, however, the genie, as they say, is out of the bottle.

Much of the knife violence is gang related, the gangs are the street distributors of the drugs and are in competition with each other and their means of dealing with competition is violence. Much has been written about the fact that it is the sheer number of casual non-addicted users of drugs that fuel this trade.

Given that the products are illegal, yet it is the most successful business over the last 50 years or so tells you all you need to know about keeping it illegal. If the drugs were legalised they could be regulated, and properly planned for in terms of dealing with overdoses in a timely fashion.

HOWEVER

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Drugs will not be legalised as there are more cash dollars / pounds / euros to be taxed via laundering than if the products were made legal.
Legalisation would deflate pricing massively and there would be tax revenue generated in an honest open fashion* the current profit margin is such that laundering creates greater tax revenue.

Finally, there has always been gang violence of one description or other... but once upon a time maybe it was for pleasure rather than business...?

Genuine question - can you give me examples of where it is written that casual, non-addicted users that have fuelled this trade? As my understanding is that this gang problem is very much specific to harder substances like heroin and crack, rather than recreational substances

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

All these teenage stabbings in london on 16:09 - Oct 11 with 1768 viewsGaryCooper

All these teenage stabbings in london on 14:37 - Oct 11 by monytowbray

Any evidence to back that claim?

There is plenty to be fair, also anecdotally I have seen some horror stories of mental illness from cannabis users, now this may well have already been there but the MJ certainly did/has not helped.
All these teenage stabbings in london on 16:14 - Oct 11 with 1763 viewstabletopjoe

All these teenage stabbings in london on 11:13 - Oct 11 by monytowbray

I remember when Blue Oyster was good at trolling.

But before someone serious jumps on this, if you want to slag off weed you best not enjoy a drink in the evenings or on weekends.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2019 11:15]

Ah, you think comparing one dangerous poison to another is a defence. Foolish

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

All these teenage stabbings in london on 16:20 - Oct 11 with 1757 viewsjeera

All these teenage stabbings in london on 16:14 - Oct 11 by tabletopjoe

Ah, you think comparing one dangerous poison to another is a defence. Foolish

I wouldn't go so far as to compare you and BO to poison.

Although you've given it a good go at times.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

All these teenage stabbings in london on 16:53 - Oct 11 with 1735 viewsswede

Just awful all these young lads being killed in London. The documentary on TV last night was hard to watch and showed that many are reprisal killings in gang wars over drug deals.

I read in the Mail Online (sorry to mention it here) that the 15 year old boy killed at Stratford yesterday recently had a trial with ITFC.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7561595/Two-teenagers-stabbed-death-Lon
All these teenage stabbings in london on 18:43 - Oct 11 with 1703 viewsHerbivore

All these teenage stabbings in london on 15:15 - Oct 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Genuine question - can you give me examples of where it is written that casual, non-addicted users that have fuelled this trade? As my understanding is that this gang problem is very much specific to harder substances like heroin and crack, rather than recreational substances

This is very much the case. Middle class recreational drug users aren't venturing into crappy estates to score a pill or some coke from a 14 year old. They aren't selling hat stuff anyway. Most of it is crack, heroin and weed, and it's mostly sold to proper addicts.

All these teenage stabbings in london on 18:48 - Oct 11 with 1699 viewsfooters

All these teenage stabbings in london on 18:43 - Oct 11 by Herbivore

This is very much the case. Middle class recreational drug users aren't venturing into crappy estates to score a pill or some coke from a 14 year old. They aren't selling hat stuff anyway. Most of it is crack, heroin and weed, and it's mostly sold to proper addicts.

And of course crack and heroin go hand in hand. The proper addicts will score multiple times a day, every day, and pay in coins. Of course yuppie types might blow £100 a pop on a g every so often, but it pales in comparison, even when the proper addicts are just picking up a ten or twenty bag at a time.

Or so my friend tells me.

All these teenage stabbings in london on 19:14 - Oct 11 with 1681 viewsBerkshire_Blue

All these teenage stabbings in london on 08:43 - Oct 11 by DanTheMan

"2 more killed last night, and there is a school of thought which makes you think that if we back away then eventually they will all kill each other."

Works well in Mexico.

The boy murdered in Stratford was Baptista Adjei,15, a Town triallist. Meanwhile the Met are bragging about ordering vegan food for arrested climate protestors.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7561595/Two-teenagers-stabbed-death-Lon
All these teenage stabbings in london on 19:18 - Oct 11 with 1670 viewsfooters

All these teenage stabbings in london on 19:14 - Oct 11 by Berkshire_Blue

The boy murdered in Stratford was Baptista Adjei,15, a Town triallist. Meanwhile the Met are bragging about ordering vegan food for arrested climate protestors.

What's the point of bringing Extinction Rebellion into it? Do you think they would have prevented him being killed, or are you suggesting that they aren't investigating due to that?

Funny that you should post a link from the Daily Heil.

All these teenage stabbings in london on 19:28 - Oct 11 with 1661 viewstractorboy1978

4 pages of thread and it is all focused on drugs. Not all gangs deal drugs and for those that do, often it is a means to an end - that end being tribal violence.

But talking about drugs is far easier than addressing underlying issues like lack of decent male models, broken homes, closures of youth clubs, deprivation of opportunities and educational issues (caused by cuts).

There are lots of males in this country seeking purpose, belonging and status and they have no legitimate ways of obtaining it so they end up seeking it in illegitimate ways.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024