Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
buying a Macbook pro with Logic pro - advice desperately needed pretty please! 10:25 - Oct 4 with 3256 viewsgiant_stow

I'm a pc boy so know nothing, but mrs ullaa has to have a macbook to run login pro to make music on (for pro-standard composing, so has to be that).

What sort of spec do we need to look at getting to run Logic reasonably fast?

Is there a good second hand / refurbished shop online to buy from or must it be new?

Many thanks

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

buying a Macbook pro with Logic pro - advice desperately needed pretty please! on 11:31 - Oct 5 with 764 viewssparks

buying a Macbook pro with Logic pro - advice desperately needed pretty please! on 11:28 - Oct 5 by giant_stow

Thanks for the further info chaps. Heard enough about really old refurbished, but pumped up macs to be put off now. Just for any future people in the same boat, John Lewis had a new left over 2017 model for cheaper than many of the refurbished macs sold by mac themselves, so think we're going for that to play it safe (untouched but cheaper sounds like a good compromise!) much appreciate all the help - if anyone ever wants to ask about websites I'll be there!

Apple is by no means a requirement for professional music production.

Even Reaper is excellent these days, let alone all the other options.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

buying a Macbook pro with Logic pro - advice desperately needed pretty please! on 11:39 - Oct 5 with 754 viewsgiant_stow

buying a Macbook pro with Logic pro - advice desperately needed pretty please! on 11:31 - Oct 5 by sparks

Apple is by no means a requirement for professional music production.

Even Reaper is excellent these days, let alone all the other options.

Yeah, I think that's clear for sure, but in our case, the mac is an emotional symbol of taking things seriously. Not necessarily rational!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

buying a Macbook pro with Logic pro - advice desperately needed pretty please! on 11:47 - Oct 5 with 746 viewsmanchego

buying a Macbook pro with Logic pro - advice desperately needed pretty please! on 11:39 - Oct 5 by giant_stow

Yeah, I think that's clear for sure, but in our case, the mac is an emotional symbol of taking things seriously. Not necessarily rational!

You can save money on a pc but macs are superb machines. You won’t think twice about the price once you are working on it. I say that as someone who just bought a very good pc.
buying a Macbook pro with Logic pro - advice desperately needed pretty please! on 16:48 - Oct 5 with 717 viewsMisterBlue

buying a Macbook pro with Logic pro - advice desperately needed pretty please! on 11:45 - Oct 4 by giant_stow

Very interesting.

my son is currently studying Composition at RWCMD in Cardiff and is using Sibelius on a 15" Macbook Pro with no problems.

bought the Mac direct from Apple, but software from here -
https://www.thomann.de/gb/avid_sibelius_ultimate.htm
buying a Macbook pro with Logic pro - advice desperately needed pretty please! on 10:54 - Oct 7 with 686 viewsbluewein

Only jumping on to promote Ableton ahead of logic.

My DAW of choice and most user friendly imo...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

buying a Macbook pro with Logic pro - advice desperately needed pretty please! on 11:09 - Oct 7 with 679 viewsTIB

Scrumpy Mac in Ipswich I have purchased Macs through before without issue...they appear to be now known as MacFinder (www.macfinder.co.uk). They offer decent refurbs and piece of mind for you knowing they're local.

To keep up with demands I'd look at a quad core with 8GB or more of ram. Logic is a great programme though...I had a studio for a while and ran Pro Tools before moving across to Logic. Now just invested Final Cut Pro X to try and up my video editing capabilities.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

buying a Macbook pro with Logic pro - advice desperately needed pretty please! on 11:12 - Oct 7 with 674 viewsgiant_stow

buying a Macbook pro with Logic pro - advice desperately needed pretty please! on 11:09 - Oct 7 by TIB

Scrumpy Mac in Ipswich I have purchased Macs through before without issue...they appear to be now known as MacFinder (www.macfinder.co.uk). They offer decent refurbs and piece of mind for you knowing they're local.

To keep up with demands I'd look at a quad core with 8GB or more of ram. Logic is a great programme though...I had a studio for a while and ran Pro Tools before moving across to Logic. Now just invested Final Cut Pro X to try and up my video editing capabilities.

Good luck with the new software mr and thanks. New machine arrives today!

buying a Macbook pro with Logic pro - advice desperately needed pretty please! on 13:05 - Oct 7 with 661 viewsElephantintheRoom

https://www.hdewcameras.co.uk/

You might well save a considerable sum if you buy it here - never had a problem with photographic gear from here and they give a full guarantee

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024