Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who'd have thought putting smoke in your lungs was a bad thing 08:29 - Oct 4 with 1045 viewshomer_123

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49929276

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Who'd have thought putting smoke in your lungs was a bad thing on 08:36 - Oct 4 with 1019 viewsHerbivore

Isn't it vapour rather than smoke?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Who'd have thought putting smoke in your lungs was a bad thing on 08:38 - Oct 4 with 1016 viewshomer_123

Who'd have thought putting smoke in your lungs was a bad thing on 08:36 - Oct 4 by Herbivore

Either way - who'd have thought it was bad for you.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Who'd have thought putting smoke in your lungs was a bad thing on 08:41 - Oct 4 with 1010 viewsHerbivore

Who'd have thought putting smoke in your lungs was a bad thing on 08:38 - Oct 4 by homer_123

Indeed. Although I do wonder whether the state that has banned vaping has also banned smoking, given that smoking is linked to many times more deaths than vaping has been. The tobacco lobby is still strong in the US.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Who'd have thought putting smoke in your lungs was a bad thing on 09:07 - Oct 4 with 987 viewswkj

Who'd have thought putting smoke in your lungs was a bad thing on 08:38 - Oct 4 by homer_123

Problem is what people are adding/ making liquids from, Propylene Glycol or Glycerine, Water, and to an extent nicotine are not the big issues. However flavourings from unregulated sources are more murky. A common theme for some of these illnesses has been people using fluids that are or contain THC oil and tocopheryl acetate. This means the consumer is running a risk of contracting liquid pneumonia.

I don't much care for recreational vaping, but am a big fan of the way it can get people off of cigarettes, my self and a few others in the family included. So the key here is to understand the dangers of vaping with non-standard fluids are extremely different to the ricks with regulated fluids.

I can't say outright it is safe, though I see it as much safer than introducing smoke to the lungs. There is definitely a right and wrong way to vape, and the wrong way to vape is a common theme between cases of illness.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Who'd have thought putting smoke in your lungs was a bad thing on 09:26 - Oct 4 with 958 viewsMrTown

Who'd have thought putting smoke in your lungs was a bad thing on 08:36 - Oct 4 by Herbivore

I think its the chemical used to produce to nictone and flavours that will be killing people.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Who'd have thought putting smoke in your lungs was a bad thing on 09:28 - Oct 4 with 955 viewswkj

Who'd have thought putting smoke in your lungs was a bad thing on 09:26 - Oct 4 by MrTown

I think its the chemical used to produce to nictone and flavours that will be killing people.

Flavours maybe, but the amount of nicotine in standard liquids are way below toxic levels

Crybaby

Who'd have thought putting smoke in your lungs was a bad thing on 09:35 - Oct 4 with 948 viewsGuthrum

Who'd have thought putting smoke in your lungs was a bad thing on 09:28 - Oct 4 by wkj

Flavours maybe, but the amount of nicotine in standard liquids are way below toxic levels

Tho that wasn't necessarily the case in the old, less well regulated days. A friend of mine was an early entrepreneur in that field and the strength of fluids was highly variable and not always well labelled.

Might still be the case in some other countries and, particularly, on the internet.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Who'd have thought putting smoke in your lungs was a bad thing on 09:38 - Oct 4 with 943 viewswkj

Who'd have thought putting smoke in your lungs was a bad thing on 09:35 - Oct 4 by Guthrum

Tho that wasn't necessarily the case in the old, less well regulated days. A friend of mine was an early entrepreneur in that field and the strength of fluids was highly variable and not always well labelled.

Might still be the case in some other countries and, particularly, on the internet.

Yes, I do remember seeing 60mg strength a long time ago. I know in the US and UK there are standard liquids and non standard, you're playing with your health more with the latter.

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

Who'd have thought putting smoke in your lungs was a bad thing on 09:42 - Oct 4 with 937 viewsflimflam

People making their own liquids and adding illegal drugs to the mix, ie weed.

It is fully regulated here and as long as you buy genuine branded liquids then the above will not happen,

Of course smoking fags must be better for you. How many deaths from fags in the same period?

It comes down to taxes and with over 3 million people now vaping in the UK that is a lots of lost tax.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Who'd have thought putting smoke in your lungs was a bad thing on 09:43 - Oct 4 with 933 viewsmonytowbray

Something doesn't add up here. People have been vaping for a decade, seems odd that all of a sudden there are loads of issues, and odder they're all in the USA where big tobacco and private healthcare has a fairly bit influence on Government policy/media.

Not to say vaping is 100% safe or we know the long term effects, but something is fishy.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Who'd have thought putting smoke in your lungs was a bad thing on 09:45 - Oct 4 with 929 viewsflimflam

Who'd have thought putting smoke in your lungs was a bad thing on 09:26 - Oct 4 by MrTown

Rubbish.

Nicotine is addictive and not harmful in small doses as flushes through your system.

The other 2 ingredients PG and VG and safe and used widely in foods and other safe regulated products.

The 4th ingredient is the flavorings again safe.

Stop spouting uneducated crap.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Who'd have thought putting smoke in your lungs was a bad thing on 10:13 - Oct 4 with 896 viewsGuthrum

Who'd have thought putting smoke in your lungs was a bad thing on 09:43 - Oct 4 by monytowbray

Something doesn't add up here. People have been vaping for a decade, seems odd that all of a sudden there are loads of issues, and odder they're all in the USA where big tobacco and private healthcare has a fairly bit influence on Government policy/media.

Not to say vaping is 100% safe or we know the long term effects, but something is fishy.

May even be down to a contaminated batch of vaping fluid (or one of the components thereof).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024