Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Academy Products 08:28 - Sep 4 with 2073 viewsmoughm

Thats 9 players who have come through our Academy who have made appearances this season!

1/ Luke Woolfenden
2/ Myles Kenlock
3/ Josh Emmanuel
4/ Flynn Downes
5/ Andre Dozzell
6/ Bailey Clements
7/ Idris El Mizouni
8/ Armando Dobra
9/ Tyreece Simpson

Plus we have 5 of them injured who would/may have featured this season!

1/ Teddy Bishop
2/ Jack Lankester
3/ Tristan Nydam
4/ Ben Morris
5/ Ben Folami

And then maybe Corrie Ndaba will make an appearance in one of the other Leasing Cup Games.

COME ON YOU BLUES!

Academy Products on 08:35 - Sep 4 with 2009 viewsWallingford_Boy

Woolfie and Downes looks like regular first teamers for the foreseeable future, be nice if one or two others could get to that level.

RIP Sir Bobby

Academy Products on 08:42 - Sep 4 with 1981 viewshomer_123

It's laudable and I think we are all pleased to see our own players coming through.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Academy Products on 06:55 - Sep 5 with 1809 viewsTractorgirlforever

The marcus evans plan seems to be coming together and it was all based around the academy, it took us to take a step back but the only steps now will be forward, well done marcus for having faith in the academy you believe so much in and also for investing in it to make it as good as it is
Academy Products on 08:31 - Sep 5 with 1666 viewsxrayspecs

While good to see players come through the academy, a number of those listed came to Ipswich quite late in their youth careers.

Kenlock was 16 or 17, having been released by Palace, Emmanuel was I think a bit younger but had been released by West Ham. El Mizouni, Dobra and Folami were all around 16 when they joined the academy.

Of the rest Woolfenden, Dozzell, Downes, Lankester, Bishop, Clements and Nydam have been at Town since they were kids. Not sure about Simpson and Morris.
Academy Products on 08:33 - Sep 5 with 1662 viewsallezlesbleus

Whilst I am very happy to see more homegrown players breaking into the first team, surely it is more likely to happen now that we are in the 3rd tier, rather than the 1st or 2nd?
Academy Products on 08:39 - Sep 5 with 1637 viewssuffolkpoker

Academy Products on 08:33 - Sep 5 by allezlesbleus

Whilst I am very happy to see more homegrown players breaking into the first team, surely it is more likely to happen now that we are in the 3rd tier, rather than the 1st or 2nd?

All depends on ethos, owners and managers.

We have been spending heavily in our academy for a long time.
There cant be many Cat 2 clubs in League 1.

I like us having a clear pathway to the first team.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Academy Products on 08:46 - Sep 5 with 1603 viewstheinbetweener

Academy Products on 08:39 - Sep 5 by suffolkpoker

All depends on ethos, owners and managers.

We have been spending heavily in our academy for a long time.
There cant be many Cat 2 clubs in League 1.

I like us having a clear pathway to the first team.

Just ourselves and Coventry, in League One.

Whilst Colchester and Crewe are the only other teams outside the top 2 tiers with Cat 2 status.
Academy Products on 08:49 - Sep 5 with 1587 viewsitfcjoe

Academy Products on 08:46 - Sep 5 by theinbetweener

Just ourselves and Coventry, in League One.

Whilst Colchester and Crewe are the only other teams outside the top 2 tiers with Cat 2 status.

Plus Bolton - and Sunderland are Cat 1

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Academy Products on 08:53 - Sep 5 with 1555 viewsbraveblue

Academy Products on 06:55 - Sep 5 by Tractorgirlforever

The marcus evans plan seems to be coming together and it was all based around the academy, it took us to take a step back but the only steps now will be forward, well done marcus for having faith in the academy you believe so much in and also for investing in it to make it as good as it is

The Marcus Evans plan!!!!!!!! Third tier football on the cheap.

We need to see more becoming first team regulars in the Championship before we can start applauding. But for the first time in a while they do look promising.
Academy Products on 08:53 - Sep 5 with 1553 viewsxrayspecs

Academy Products on 08:31 - Sep 5 by xrayspecs

While good to see players come through the academy, a number of those listed came to Ipswich quite late in their youth careers.

Kenlock was 16 or 17, having been released by Palace, Emmanuel was I think a bit younger but had been released by West Ham. El Mizouni, Dobra and Folami were all around 16 when they joined the academy.

Of the rest Woolfenden, Dozzell, Downes, Lankester, Bishop, Clements and Nydam have been at Town since they were kids. Not sure about Simpson and Morris.

So, of those who were in the academy for more than a year or two, we have five who you could class as established first-teamers:
Bishop 23
Woolfenden 20
Downes 20
Dozzell 20
Lankester 19

Morris 20 is at an age where time is going to be against him when he gets back fit whereas Clements 18 and Simpson 17 have plenty of time on their side to step up. Time will tell for them.

If the academy could produce two first team players every season, that would be a fantastic outcome.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024