Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JRM has been mugged right off here. 02:24 - Sep 3 with 22935 viewsSpruceMoose

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/02/jacob-rees-mogg-doctor-shameful

I'm glad all the lies, deceit and arrogance is being recorded so that when they are older his kids can read all about what vermin their father was.

Also, I'll trust the highly qualified doctor on this over some nanny raised toff who blew a fancy education to only achieve in a 2:1 in History.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 3:03]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 08:59 - Sep 3 with 3770 viewsFtnfwest

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 07:41 - Sep 3 by footers

What further evidence is needed than a member of the government dismissing his concerns and simply labelling him a remoaner?

Typical anal response from JRM to a claim that he's going to accept a certain proportion of people will die. But i expect he had to say something in reply to that accusation..
JRM has been mugged right off here. on 09:00 - Sep 3 with 3770 viewsStokieBlue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 05:27 - Sep 3 by Barneycurley

TBF it is a tad scaremongeringish

It's being said by a person who helped write the contingency plans.

I'd wager he knows more about it than you or JRM.

Are we back to where this all started? The illogical distrust of experts?

What a sorry state of affairs.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 09:02 - Sep 3 with 3763 viewsStokieBlue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 06:31 - Sep 3 by Barneycurley

I mean he's also poss not privy to what medicines supplies are like either but if is doctor comes out with claims then they obv must be true!

He helped write the plan!

Of course he knows what the supplies are like. It's perhaps best to get all the facts before forming an opinion.

I bet when you go to the doctor's you trust their expert opinion on your health. Why don't you do that in other cases where they know more about the subject than you?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 09:13 - Sep 3 with 3743 viewsfooters

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 09:02 - Sep 3 by StokieBlue

He helped write the plan!

Of course he knows what the supplies are like. It's perhaps best to get all the facts before forming an opinion.

I bet when you go to the doctor's you trust their expert opinion on your health. Why don't you do that in other cases where they know more about the subject than you?

SB

"Very sorry, but it's terminal."

"I don't feel that it is."

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:02 - Sep 3 with 3686 viewslowhouseblue

the extent to which people have become hysterical is quite remarkable. I thought at one point it was just people on here, but we've become a nation of drama queens. the british middle class is now like those mourners you can hire in some countries who do the over the top breast beating and weeping. really quite remarkable.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:04 - Sep 3 with 3680 viewsfooters

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:02 - Sep 3 by lowhouseblue

the extent to which people have become hysterical is quite remarkable. I thought at one point it was just people on here, but we've become a nation of drama queens. the british middle class is now like those mourners you can hire in some countries who do the over the top breast beating and weeping. really quite remarkable.

Yeah, people being concerned about the future of their country at the most important juncture since the war. What are they thinking?

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:08 - Sep 3 with 3672 viewslowhouseblue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:04 - Sep 3 by footers

Yeah, people being concerned about the future of their country at the most important juncture since the war. What are they thinking?

concern v. hysterics. it's not a difficult distinction to grasp.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:10 - Sep 3 with 3661 viewsSpruceMoose

You've turned into a heat seeking missile for the nearest Tory bum.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:13 - Sep 3 with 3646 viewslowhouseblue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:10 - Sep 3 by SpruceMoose

You've turned into a heat seeking missile for the nearest Tory bum.

and you're symptomatic of politics in which people just shout abuse at each other. nice.

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:17 - Sep 3 with 3627 viewsSpruceMoose

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:13 - Sep 3 by lowhouseblue

and you're symptomatic of politics in which people just shout abuse at each other. nice.

Oh purlease. You talk nothing but sh!te then blub when you get called on it.

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:19 - Sep 3 with 3619 viewsSwansea_Blue

There's something in that. 24/7 access to news and social media means people are kicking off all the time, on all sides. There is a lot of hysteria and I don't think it helps.

But in relation to the issue of the post, do you think it's acceptable for the leader of the House to publicly dismiss (maybe even 'shame', if we're being hysterical ) the highly qualified medical professional who helped write the government's own risk assessment?

Surely you can see that JRM is purely playing to his audience there (i.e. propaganda). Especially when viewed in the progression of the Government's lies about Yellowhammer docs not existing (they did), and then not something the current Government had done (it was) and then it only being the worst case risk assessment (it isn't).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:20 - Sep 3 with 3614 viewsHerbivore

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:08 - Sep 3 by lowhouseblue

Where do you consider that line to be drawn? Are the people protesting at the proroguation of Parliament hysterical or concerned? What about journalists who are publishing the risks of a no deal Brexit? Can you give some examples of hysteria versus what you consider to be reasonable expressions of concern?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:20 - Sep 3 with 3613 viewsfooters

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:08 - Sep 3 by lowhouseblue

Oh ok then. Thanks for clearing that up.

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:25 - Sep 3 with 3596 viewsm14_blue

Who is being hysterical here and in what way?

Normalising the behaviour of this government is not the way to change it IMO.
JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:27 - Sep 3 with 3586 viewsgiant_stow

I take it you don't need any medication which might be tricky to come by in the event of a hard brexit? If it were me, I might indeed be starting to feel a little hysterical.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:28 - Sep 3 with 3582 viewslowhouseblue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:19 - Sep 3 by Swansea_Blue

There's something in that. 24/7 access to news and social media means people are kicking off all the time, on all sides. There is a lot of hysteria and I don't think it helps.

But in relation to the issue of the post, do you think it's acceptable for the leader of the House to publicly dismiss (maybe even 'shame', if we're being hysterical ) the highly qualified medical professional who helped write the government's own risk assessment?

Surely you can see that JRM is purely playing to his audience there (i.e. propaganda). Especially when viewed in the progression of the Government's lies about Yellowhammer docs not existing (they did), and then not something the current Government had done (it was) and then it only being the worst case risk assessment (it isn't).

I think the doctor's comments quoted in that article are fairly hysterical. they are not measured or careful in any way - it's a very odd style for a senior medic. also, where do you think the photo in the article was taken. it looks like a demo outside the downing street gates? is he then an impartial and objective professional commentator?

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:29 - Sep 3 with 3572 viewsgiant_stow

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:28 - Sep 3 by lowhouseblue

I think the doctor's comments quoted in that article are fairly hysterical. they are not measured or careful in any way - it's a very odd style for a senior medic. also, where do you think the photo in the article was taken. it looks like a demo outside the downing street gates? is he then an impartial and objective professional commentator?

His use of of the word 'Muppet' or 'not caring' about what JRM things (bollox) aren't great, but maybe he's just worried about how things are going?
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 13:29]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:31 - Sep 3 with 3566 viewsfooters

So you're another who knows more than the expert who compiled the report? How are you in a position to describe what is or is not hysterical in terms of the availability of medicines after Brexit?

And no, it doesn't look like a demo. What makes you say that? I can't see any placards or crowds, can you?

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:31 - Sep 3 with 3563 viewsm14_blue

Why should he be impartial??

He is a leading expert in his field and is worried about what the direction of travel could mean for his patients, what issue do you have with that?

It's also clearly not hysterical to suggest that drug shortages could lead to people dying.

Now, you may disagree with him on the likelihood of those shortages happening but I'd be interested to know on what grounds.
JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:31 - Sep 3 with 3563 viewsSpruceMoose

Riiiight...

The medical professional appointed by the government is the one you choose to criticise over the lying Victorian role player with a mediocre degree and an even more mediocre set of personal principles.

Honestly Lowhouse, your true politics are showing here. Not a good look.

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:32 - Sep 3 with 3560 viewslowhouseblue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:25 - Sep 3 by m14_blue

Who is being hysterical here and in what way?

Normalising the behaviour of this government is not the way to change it IMO.

"what level of mortality rate are you willing to accept in the light of a no-deal Brexit?"

that's not really calm and reasoned discussion is it?

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:33 - Sep 3 with 3540 viewsm14_blue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:32 - Sep 3 by lowhouseblue

"what level of mortality rate are you willing to accept in the light of a no-deal Brexit?"

I think it's a perfectly legitimate question to ask in the context of that discussion.

I'm really not sure what point you're trying to make, other than attacking the doctor.
JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:34 - Sep 3 with 3534 viewsSpruceMoose

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:33 - Sep 3 by m14_blue

I think it's a perfectly legitimate question to ask in the context of that discussion.

I'm really not sure what point you're trying to make, other than attacking the doctor.

Well he probably hasn't checked his talking points with GB yet this morning so may be straying off message.

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:34 - Sep 3 with 3531 viewsfooters

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:33 - Sep 3 by m14_blue

Just protecting his PM.

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:35 - Sep 3 with 3526 viewsgiant_stow

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:32 - Sep 3 by lowhouseblue

I genuinely don't understand how he could have phrased that in a more calm and reasoned way, but open to suggestions...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024