Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris wants Ireland to leave the EU 11:34 - Aug 21 with 6750 viewsMoriarty

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/brexit/boris-johnson-wants-ireland-to-leave-eu-tr

fka omuircheartaigh

Boris wants Ireland to leave the EU on 19:07 - Aug 21 with 1150 viewsKievthegreat

Boris wants Ireland to leave the EU on 17:24 - Aug 21 by chicoazul

Oh certainly, they are supporting it. I just find it interesting that that support comes with Ireland also being a sovereign nation. Especially in the light of all those referendums you fellas had to have a while back.

In those referendums, the Irish rejected them, the text was rewritten and they got concessions before voting in favour 2nd time by a comfortable majority (on at least 2 treaties).

Seems good to me!
Boris wants Ireland to leave the EU on 19:50 - Aug 21 with 1118 viewseireblue

Boris wants Ireland to leave the EU on 19:07 - Aug 21 by Kievthegreat

In those referendums, the Irish rejected them, the text was rewritten and they got concessions before voting in favour 2nd time by a comfortable majority (on at least 2 treaties).

Seems good to me!

I always find it amusing when Brexit politicians talk about those referendums.

Seems like they could learn a few lessons on how to create leverage and negotiate with the EU.

Following the example of a toddler in a supermarket throwing a tantrum after the parents have left, doesn’t seem to be working.
Boris wants Ireland to leave the EU on 19:54 - Aug 21 with 1109 viewseireblue

Boris wants Ireland to leave the EU on 16:25 - Aug 21 by 26_Paz

You want to issue orders for people to cease and exist from disagreeing with you, my my.
Here's why I think Ireland leaving the EU would be a good idea:
1. The obvious, solves the border issue brought about by Brexit.
2. The republic or Ireland can reap the same benefits from leaving the EU that the UK will.
Everyone is a winner and for the 100th time I am not a troll.

Not a troll you say, hmmm I would have stuck with that, rather than confirming being thick and ignorant.
Boris wants Ireland to leave the EU on 00:04 - Aug 22 with 1040 viewsreusersfreekicks

Boris wants Ireland to leave the EU on 11:44 - Aug 21 by Pinewoodblue

Not as daft a suggestion as it sounds, would have been more acceptable if it had been proposed by the EU, after Boris had floated the idea to Merkel.

Looking ahead could see Ireland joining Shengen as a way of showing what good Europeans they are. Not sure they would be so protective then of GFA.

It really is as daft as it sounds, and arrogant
Boris wants Ireland to leave the EU on 07:56 - Aug 22 with 1001 viewsPinewoodblue

Boris wants Ireland to leave the EU on 13:53 - Aug 21 by Eireannach_gorm

The thing is, Ireland has no intention of leaving the EU. Sovereignty does not matter when it comes to Ireland it seems.

See where Ireland is on this chart.
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/press-room/elections-press-kit/4/surveys-i

Whatever happened to the idea of starving us into submission?
https://www.thejournal.ie/brexit-threat-food-shortages-ireland-4381228-Dec2018/

Interesting that, like the majority of EU documents, your first link was initially only published in English,

Wonder what they will do from 1st November when English is no longer an official EU language. Neither Ireland nor Malta nominate English both preferring their native tongue.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Boris wants Ireland to leave the EU on 08:04 - Aug 22 with 990 viewsfooters

Boris wants Ireland to leave the EU on 07:56 - Aug 22 by Pinewoodblue

Interesting that, like the majority of EU documents, your first link was initially only published in English,

Wonder what they will do from 1st November when English is no longer an official EU language. Neither Ireland nor Malta nominate English both preferring their native tongue.

English is still the current global lingua franca, you plum, and our exit from the EU will have little bearing on that.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Boris wants Ireland to leave the EU on 08:10 - Aug 22 with 979 viewsHerbivore

Yeah, we shud ban em from using are language! English for the English!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Boris wants Ireland to leave the EU on 08:20 - Aug 22 with 970 views26_Paz

Boris wants Ireland to leave the EU on 08:10 - Aug 22 by Herbivore

Yeah, we shud ban em from using are language! English for the English!

Fantastic idea lol

The Paz Man

Login to get fewer ads

Boris wants Ireland to leave the EU on 08:42 - Aug 22 with 951 viewschicoazul

Boris wants Ireland to leave the EU on 19:50 - Aug 21 by eireblue

I always find it amusing when Brexit politicians talk about those referendums.

Seems like they could learn a few lessons on how to create leverage and negotiate with the EU.

Following the example of a toddler in a supermarket throwing a tantrum after the parents have left, doesn’t seem to be working.

Well, in 6 weeks or so we're going to find out if your example bears fruit or not, arent we.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Boris wants Ireland to leave the EU on 12:35 - Aug 22 with 889 viewsEireannach_gorm

The English was for your benefit. Tá beagán Gaeilge agam.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024