Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC 21:21 - Aug 8 with 4968 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Pre-emptive Evans bashing proves needless.

A few people owe ME an apology.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 23:07 - Aug 8 with 1396 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 23:04 - Aug 8 by Marshalls_Mullet

Was thinking about it earlier, been to busy to do it.

I'll do it, and send your apologies.

Always sign off TWTD after a loss, it's a bloody lunatic asylum!!

You'll do it. Aha ! Good luck !

I haven't asked you about apologies from me so don't speak in my behalf. You can stay stupid that's your prerogative but don't worry about me.
Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 23:08 - Aug 8 with 1395 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 23:07 - Aug 8 by Mach_foreignBlue

You'll do it. Aha ! Good luck !

I haven't asked you about apologies from me so don't speak in my behalf. You can stay stupid that's your prerogative but don't worry about me.

I think you deserve a mention. X

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 23:09 - Aug 8 with 1402 viewsWestcountryblue

I think Marcus deserves credit for taking on board the lessons learned from last season and retaining the core.

However, the Hurst appointment was a big one for Marcus and it is partly his fault that a) the core of a good Championship squad was dismantled b) we maybe sold too quickly and didn't drive a hard enough bargain.

Providing we can now bring in 2-3 reinforcements, Marcus and his team deserve credit. However, big mistakes were made last season and to the fan base during the later stages of the McCarthy era. Chanting offensive things about him is childish, but rightly so it's hard to accept some of the decisions and strategies made by Evans over the last few years. January 2015 springs to mind.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 23:10]
Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 23:13 - Aug 8 with 1387 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 23:09 - Aug 8 by Westcountryblue

I think Marcus deserves credit for taking on board the lessons learned from last season and retaining the core.

However, the Hurst appointment was a big one for Marcus and it is partly his fault that a) the core of a good Championship squad was dismantled b) we maybe sold too quickly and didn't drive a hard enough bargain.

Providing we can now bring in 2-3 reinforcements, Marcus and his team deserve credit. However, big mistakes were made last season and to the fan base during the later stages of the McCarthy era. Chanting offensive things about him is childish, but rightly so it's hard to accept some of the decisions and strategies made by Evans over the last few years. January 2015 springs to mind.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 23:10]

Fair enough chant that you want him out etc, but to call him a c*nt is shameful and brings embarrassment on the whole fan base.

We are better than that. (Or we should be)

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 23:13 - Aug 8 with 1386 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 23:08 - Aug 8 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think you deserve a mention. X

You 'think' ?
Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 23:17 - Aug 8 with 1383 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 23:13 - Aug 8 by Mach_foreignBlue

You 'think' ?

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 00:31 - Aug 9 with 1368 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 21:35 - Aug 8 by Marshalls_Mullet

Have you got an alternative benefactor lined up?

Are you drunk? This thread seems to be designed for bites only.
And you got a few.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 01:07 - Aug 9 with 1363 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Deary me..

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 02:39 - Aug 9 with 1345 viewsIllinoisblue

All the LOLs

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 07:27 - Aug 9 with 1282 viewsStewart27

I owe him nothing.

I’ve watched the most turgid football in the last 10 years in a run down stadium and am now looking forward to a Southend local derby as a result.

The fact that we didn’t sell one player well below their value and we didn’t sell another that nobody bid for doesn’t change that fact.
Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 07:31 - Aug 9 with 1278 viewsfooters

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 07:27 - Aug 9 by Stewart27

I owe him nothing.

I’ve watched the most turgid football in the last 10 years in a run down stadium and am now looking forward to a Southend local derby as a result.

The fact that we didn’t sell one player well below their value and we didn’t sell another that nobody bid for doesn’t change that fact.

Yeah, because it's ME picking the tactics and starting XI.

Credit and blame where it's due, but comments like this lack any real balance. The bloke's put in close to £100m and some of you act like he owes you something.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 07:33 - Aug 9 with 1273 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 00:31 - Aug 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

Are you drunk? This thread seems to be designed for bites only.
And you got a few.

Nope.

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 07:33 - Aug 9 with 1273 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 07:31 - Aug 9 by footers

Credit and blame where it's due, but comments like this lack any real balance. The bloke's put in close to £100m and some of you act like he owes you something.

Indeed.

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 07:35 - Aug 9 with 1271 viewsfooters

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 07:33 - Aug 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Indeed.

Some of these flouncy melts should get a spot on Arsenal fan tv, blad.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 07:55 - Aug 9 with 1242 viewsDanTheMan

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 07:35 - Aug 9 by footers

Some of these flouncy melts should get a spot on Arsenal fan tv, blad.

A friend of mine was on Arsenal TV once

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 08:37 - Aug 9 with 1216 viewsMullet

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 22:45 - Aug 8 by Bluefish

Ok got it, no debates allowed Evans is a wrong un. Cheers mach...oh sorry I mean mullet

But you don't debate Fishers, insisting he is one or the other in the eyes of fans like this is utterly pointless. It's a massive shame because we all saw how this level of stupidity damaged us under Mick and then again under Hurst.

To say Evans is some sort of messiah doesn't stack up over a decade later. He has shown time and again not to learn, not to act, not to face up to the reality of our situation. He has played a blinder this week. Straight into the season after a relegation that should not be tolerated and he's lowering us to a top ten Div 3 side.

That is unacceptable and people are lapping it up. We should never be in this division, it's because of him that we are.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 08:43 - Aug 9 with 1212 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 01:07 - Aug 9 by The_Romford_Blue

Deary me..

Rommy added to the list of signatories. Tick.

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 08:54 - Aug 9 with 1202 viewsBluefish

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 08:37 - Aug 9 by Mullet

But you don't debate Fishers, insisting he is one or the other in the eyes of fans like this is utterly pointless. It's a massive shame because we all saw how this level of stupidity damaged us under Mick and then again under Hurst.

To say Evans is some sort of messiah doesn't stack up over a decade later. He has shown time and again not to learn, not to act, not to face up to the reality of our situation. He has played a blinder this week. Straight into the season after a relegation that should not be tolerated and he's lowering us to a top ten Div 3 side.

That is unacceptable and people are lapping it up. We should never be in this division, it's because of him that we are.

Not sure how you can read your post and then I make out that I don't debate. It isn't because of him that we are in this league and he is not a messiah but he is also not a c***. Realistically we are not in the top 30-40 clubs in the country especially with the influx of riches to the top flight clubs. We are due a spell in div 3, much bigger clubs than us have had a turn in his time.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 09:02 - Aug 9 with 1184 viewsMullet

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 08:54 - Aug 9 by Bluefish

Not sure how you can read your post and then I make out that I don't debate. It isn't because of him that we are in this league and he is not a messiah but he is also not a c***. Realistically we are not in the top 30-40 clubs in the country especially with the influx of riches to the top flight clubs. We are due a spell in div 3, much bigger clubs than us have had a turn in his time.

Because you've literally attempted to shut down any debate in your previous post(s).

Saying we are "due" a spell in Division 3 is exactly the problem. That's just nonsense which excuses Evans' failure this past few years. We were due because of the decisions he made. It should never have happened, it didn't need to happen.

Putting us on a par with Norwich, Leeds, Forest et al. is fine but it is also a tacit admission we are run badly, because that's how they went down. So in effect, you don't seem all that consistent here. Either it is beyond Evans' control and we should ignore every decision made, let alone judge it (that's ridiculous and why people get fed up of this binary stuff) or we should scrutinise him after so many years and so many set backs and declining aspects of the club.

No one has really defended the use of c word, and rightly so. It was a few teenagers getting a bit giddy in the sun on their first away day. To paint that as representing blocs of the fanbase who don't accept us being a third tier club, who doubt Evans' ability and track record is unfair and makes it utterly pointless to pretend you're debating in good faith.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 09:09 - Aug 9 with 1176 viewsBluefish

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 09:02 - Aug 9 by Mullet

Because you've literally attempted to shut down any debate in your previous post(s).

Saying we are "due" a spell in Division 3 is exactly the problem. That's just nonsense which excuses Evans' failure this past few years. We were due because of the decisions he made. It should never have happened, it didn't need to happen.

Putting us on a par with Norwich, Leeds, Forest et al. is fine but it is also a tacit admission we are run badly, because that's how they went down. So in effect, you don't seem all that consistent here. Either it is beyond Evans' control and we should ignore every decision made, let alone judge it (that's ridiculous and why people get fed up of this binary stuff) or we should scrutinise him after so many years and so many set backs and declining aspects of the club.

No one has really defended the use of c word, and rightly so. It was a few teenagers getting a bit giddy in the sun on their first away day. To paint that as representing blocs of the fanbase who don't accept us being a third tier club, who doubt Evans' ability and track record is unfair and makes it utterly pointless to pretend you're debating in good faith.

As you did in your post.....

Why is it nonsense? Size wise we sit lower end of the championship at best so st some point we are due a bad year and a drop. The game changing had a bigger impact on our position than Marcus Evans, in any other era he would be seen as a brilliant owner. Even in the context of current day owners he is probably still the equivalent of just under mid table.

Takes me back to when the fans were claiming the ex ex manager was holding us back from going up and it was pointed out that we have far more chance of going down. Many on here seemed to think we had a right to be premier league and completely ignore how the game has changed. Luck or fate or timing, whatever you put it down to is the reason we are here not Marcus Evans........roy keane played a rather large part though

My thoughts are we have the best time we can and be the best with what we are. If people want to keep causing negativity while pining for something that is grossly unrealistic it will be a real shame.

I would rather be happy supporting a league 1 team than be a detached moron in the false ness of the premier league

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 09:37 - Aug 9 with 1156 viewsStewart27

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 07:31 - Aug 9 by footers

He’s the one constant factor in the past 10 years and he owns the club, so I hold him responsible. The football under Mick was awful, but he was so limited and the fact he wasn’t backed in January 2015 is Evans’ fault.

Sacking Jim and appointing Keane - Evans
Appointing Jewell - Evans
Not backing Mick in 2015 - Evans
Allowing a rookie to dismantle the core of a competitive team - Evans

Allowing Portman Road to become a scene in an apocalypse film - Evans

The fact he plugs the gap with 100 million of his own cash (latest figure from somebody licking their finger and sticking it in the air) is down to shoddy ownership and no clear plan or direction for this football club.
Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 09:57 - Aug 9 with 1143 viewsBluefish

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 09:37 - Aug 9 by Stewart27

He’s the one constant factor in the past 10 years and he owns the club, so I hold him responsible. The football under Mick was awful, but he was so limited and the fact he wasn’t backed in January 2015 is Evans’ fault.

Sacking Jim and appointing Keane - Evans
Appointing Jewell - Evans
Not backing Mick in 2015 - Evans
Allowing a rookie to dismantle the core of a competitive team - Evans

Allowing Portman Road to become a scene in an apocalypse film - Evans

The fact he plugs the gap with 100 million of his own cash (latest figure from somebody licking their finger and sticking it in the air) is down to shoddy ownership and no clear plan or direction for this football club.

I hold you responsible

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 13:01 - Aug 9 with 1109 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 08:54 - Aug 9 by Bluefish

‘It isn’t because of him that we are not in this league’

It is. He’s been there for the whole time and we’ve got steadily worse.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 13:16 - Aug 9 with 1102 viewsmidastouch

Do you think Judge would still be here if QPR had of coughed up a bit more? Sounded to me like they were trying to get him on the super cheap. I can't help but wonder if Judge would still be here though if QPR had of offered something more realistic. Sounded like he wanted to go too so there was that to factor in too. Evans has held out a few of times such as for potential moves for DmG to Leicester, Bart to Palace. But we've also been known to let players move on the cheap several times too.
If a team had of offered £5 million I think Andre would of been gone too. He's not really been a regular for us (his bad injury against Birmingham was obviously a massive set back in his progression) and if Lambert had of been given the funds to reinvest it might of worked well for us. However, if he moved on and became a regular elsewhere then £5 million might of looked really cheap in the not too distant future (especially in the crazy modern day transfer market). I think Andre going to Norwich would of been hard to stomach. I wonder however how some would of felt if he'd of gone to one of the other clubs that were potentially interested for £5 million? If Evans had of given (big if) the cash (or at least some of it) for Lambert to reinvest into the team then I think that would of split opinion down the middle. It seems clear Lambert needed to sell if he wanted to get the sort of calibre of targets he'd prefer. As somebody said on here the other day (think it might of been Spruce Moose), Lambert would like to going shopping in Iceland but he's being forced to do his shopping at Farm Foods. Not a bad analogy that Spruce if you're reading.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Dozzell and Judge remain at ITFC on 13:28 - Aug 9 with 1088 viewshaynes_toe1

Evans has been a failure for this club. He may have had the right intentions at the start. He might even have them now in some roundabout way. Either way, he's been a failure and we find ourselves in League One. Since he's taken over, how many similar sized / smaller clubs have at least had a season in the prem?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024