Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans 15:28 - Aug 4 with 2106 viewsTown_Boy

Can’t wait to here what he has to say inside his box with the ground in the background

If you were Evans would you not be annoyed that the manager has come out and called him out..

I don’t think Lambert and Evans are as good friends as they say in interviews

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Evans on 16:27 - Aug 4 with 347 viewsBent_double

Evans on 15:39 - Aug 4 by J2BLUE

Even if all it does is make Evans come out and say "I am not prepared to put any more money in" that's fine. I just want some honesty. We need a striker but if Evans is honest with us and says one won't be coming then fine, at least all this BS about being a great owner will stop as he will no longer be providing the basics.

If we had Sears fit, I would be happy with the squad. Fact is we need another striker. Even if he said we need to sell Dozzell to bring in the -2 players we need then that is fine. I'm not asking him to throw millions at it. I'm asking for honesty.

It's clear to me that we won't be buying anyone without a sale first, and unfortunately it's probably going to be Dozzell who leaves, but I suppose there's a chance he could be loaned back to us for the rest of the season, if needed.

As others have said, we do seem to have a surplus of midfielders (if/when they're all fit), so losing one looks to be the way of it, just put a decent sell-on fee in the contract for when he goes for £40-50m in a few years time!

As for who we 'buy', most likely a PL 17-20 year old on loan with a £1m fee, that's my guess...

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Evans on 16:54 - Aug 4 with 328 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Evans on 16:26 - Aug 4 by Naylorsboots

I think he has every right to moan. Evans is the owner, he should back his managers judgement. We want to get back up as soon as possible, so get it done while we have a half decent squad. If Lambert feels we need a couple more then trust his opinion. Because after this season our better players will be sold and then we could be down here or lower for a very long time.

Lambert knew what he was in for, he has a competitive team. Needs to back himself and get on with it.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Evans on 16:54 - Aug 4 with 328 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Evans on 16:20 - Aug 4 by J2BLUE

Not really fighting with him. Just asking for a bit of clarification on what is happening. We have no claim to his personal fortune. If he doesn't want to put any more money in and wants to offset as much of the deficit as possible then say that. If we go into the season with two fit strikers I will seriously question him. I don't believe Roberts is a striker. He might do a job there at times but another proper striker is needed.

When is Lankester back?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Evans on 17:57 - Aug 4 with 297 viewspennblue

Evans on 15:34 - Aug 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

It's all quite boring and embarrassing now, I just want the transfer window to close and for PL to get on with what he's got.

I am not sure why you think it is boring. It is the crux of the issue we have had since he closed his wallet 4/5 seasons ago

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Evans on 18:10 - Aug 4 with 285 viewsWickets

Evans on 16:19 - Aug 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

Even with injuries we have a better matchday squad than most.

Yes we could improve it, but Lambert coming across like a moaning drunk in a pub isn't that helpful.

Blimey !is that how you see our manager ? I say well done lets have some honesty not another load of spin .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024