Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season 20:16 - Jul 31 with 2723 viewsflettonblue

I'm genuinely interested why? I can't really think of anything positive during Evans reign, apart from blind pre season optimism what's your reasoning, if any ?
For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 00:42 - Aug 1 with 526 viewsBlueBadger

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 21:26 - Jul 31 by blueislander

If he saw us at home to Derby, and Leeds at home , and West Bromwich Albion and Bristol City away , he might get a twinge of optimism.

Ah yes, the Improved Performances. With one win in them.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 00:47 - Aug 1 with 519 viewsActionMan

We should on paper go up as Champions and win the Football League Trophy. Anything less will be a failure. The thing thats turned some of us off, or resigned us to maybe not doing so well is this ongoing nonsense with transfers with yet another manager struggling to get his people in the door, the list of injuries and our general luck. Bart being shipped off is another sign that cutting costs is still the priority here, rather than the football.

The Ipswich way is we'll play Burton, Norwood will get injured during the game and be out for 6 months and we'll loan in the 7th choice striker at Leeds who scored 1 goal in 180 games to replace him. Meanwhile Sunderland will loan either Keane or Murphy and they'll be injury free all season scoring for fun and go up unchallenged.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 0:48]
For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 00:51 - Aug 1 with 510 viewsStNeotsBlue

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 00:42 - Aug 1 by BlueBadger

Ah yes, the Improved Performances. With one win in them.

With Norwood and our midfield, even allowing for current injuries we have a decent chance, I think Jackson might surprise a few too. The defence on day one is a concern.

If you're not optimistic about a new season, however much that defies logic, then something is broken.

The exemption being Bolton and Bury fans who have every right to be pessimistic.
For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 03:18 - Aug 1 with 475 viewsBlueBadger

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 00:51 - Aug 1 by StNeotsBlue

With Norwood and our midfield, even allowing for current injuries we have a decent chance, I think Jackson might surprise a few too. The defence on day one is a concern.

If you're not optimistic about a new season, however much that defies logic, then something is broken.

The exemption being Bolton and Bury fans who have every right to be pessimistic.

I'm hopeful, rather than optimistic, if that helps.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 04:54 - Aug 1 with 463 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 20:25 - Jul 31 by Keaneish

Our squad is excellent for this league.
We have a real goal scorer in Norwood unlike anyone we’ve had for a while.
Judge is a class act to watch.
We have real prospects coming through the academy ie: Downes
PL is shaping the team as he wants.
The football I’ve seen pee-season has been good.
We’ve sold a good amount of season tickets.
The days of fan division are over and the bitterness of the MM era has gone.

Loads.

Yeah but apart from all that...

Personally speaking, I’m absolutely buzzing me tits off for Saturday.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 05:40 - Aug 1 with 454 viewspeterleeblue

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 20:27 - Jul 31 by Swansea_Blue

Because it’s a well known fact that every team who gets relegated bounces straight back up in style, like Sunderland.

Sunderland scored 85 points and went to Wembley Twice. Think we might all take that.
For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 05:44 - Aug 1 with 455 viewswkj

Because I am always optimistic for a new season and try to refrain from being a sad sack for as long as possible.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 06:06 - Aug 1 with 447 viewsbrogansnose

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 05:44 - Aug 1 by wkj

Because I am always optimistic for a new season and try to refrain from being a sad sack for as long as possible.

This a thousand times over.
Login to get fewer ads

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 06:23 - Aug 1 with 443 viewsm14_blue

For the first time in what feels like forever (15 years maybe?) we go into a season as one of the favourites, with one of the best teams in the league.

Sure, it might go wrong, but if you’re not feeling optimistic 2 days before the season starts then maybe football isn’t for you.
For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 07:41 - Aug 1 with 412 viewstitanicclown

Downes Huws

Edwards Judge Sears

Norwood

If PL can get these on the pitch and passing the ball around we will score alot more goals than we have over the last 5 years. Should be fun to watch.
For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 08:00 - Aug 1 with 401 viewsartsbossbeard

Ooh, pre season negativity.

Edgy stuff for here..

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 08:02 - Aug 1 with 399 viewsBloomBlue

Because I passionately believe we have some great youths. I also passionately believe in the 'Ipswich way' and for me that's playing the the youths. The great Sir Bob believed that and accepted they will make mistakes and they did even the greats like Beattie but they give you even more.

I find it frustrating some on this site for example were calling for Wolf to be sent out on loan last to get experience and come back this season and play, he went out on loan, now those same fans dont want him to be first team regular and want to buy. Same fans moan about why did we let Clark go.. the Wolf is that same player in the same league..ffs the Wolf should be the 1st CH on the team sheet every game not buying another CH to be the 1st on the sheet

For some fans all our chances are based on buying players.

We have youth players all clubs in this league would die for. Plus we have that experience, Skuse, Chambers, Huws, Judge, Norwood. A couple of those coming to the end of their careers but still top players for L1.

We have skill, style, pace, a top goal scorer what we need is the PASSION from the fans.

This is our time we're going up as champions
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 8:05]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024