Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portman Road - what state will it be in? 15:28 - Jul 31 with 6902 viewsjasondozzell

Just read Gav's piece on us for WSC's season guide complete with amusing (but also v sad) line about the foliage on underside of stadium roof.

Has anyone seen if there's been more than a coat of pant on the turnstiles this summer? Is PR looking better?

On a serious note would be very happy to join together to volunteer to clean/ tidy. Seems wrong for it to be in a state!
Portman Road - what state will it be in? on 22:37 - Jul 31 with 1025 viewsfooters

Portman Road - what state will it be in? on 22:31 - Jul 31 by PhilTWTD

Re the statues, I think they're the council's responsibility cleaning-wise.

Anything stopping Towen fans with a sponge and bucket?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Portman Road - what state will it be in? on 22:39 - Jul 31 with 1022 viewsolimar

Portman Road - what state will it be in? on 22:37 - Jul 31 by footers

Anything stopping the council?
Portman Road - what state will it be in? on 22:52 - Jul 31 with 1006 viewsfooters

Portman Road - what state will it be in? on 22:39 - Jul 31 by olimar

Anything stopping the council?

We might have to do something between now and death, buh!

Portman Road - what state will it be in? on 08:49 - Aug 1 with 942 viewsitfcjoe

Portman Road - what state will it be in? on 22:37 - Jul 31 by footers

No, but would need to ensure they used the right products etc.

There was talk of making the youngsters paint the stadium as part of their apprenticeship but not sure they were allowed to do so.

Either way, a few hard workers with a couple of skilled people involved could improve it massively in a weekend - but shouldn't have to

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Portman Road - what state will it be in? on 09:21 - Aug 1 with 898 viewsHARRY10

Portman Road - what state will it be in? on 08:49 - Aug 1 by itfcjoe

There was talk of making the youngsters paint the stadium as part of their apprenticeship but not sure they were allowed to do so.

Either way, a few hard workers with a couple of skilled people involved could improve it massively in a weekend - but shouldn't have to

"a few hard workers with a couple of skilled people involved could improve it massively "

that goes for the squad as well
Portman Road - what state will it be in? on 09:26 - Aug 1 with 899 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Portman Road - what state will it be in? on 18:02 - Jul 31 by PhilTWTD

Just asked again and it's all set to go, presumably in time for the first home game.

I am now on the phone to the Seagull Protection Front.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Portman Road - what state will it be in? on 09:28 - Aug 1 with 899 viewsfergalsharkey

Portman Road - what state will it be in? on 17:07 - Jul 31 by strikalite

No, you were right to post about it, it's disgraceful how they've let OUR Club go over the years, I doubt clueless Evans has even walked around the ground to be honest, if he has then it's obvious he doesn't care at all...

you have only just realised that!!!!!

up at the training ground they were only playing with 3 floods as they couldnt afford to hire a cherry picker to replace the bulb.

FACT.

Poll: Cook out?

Portman Road - what state will it be in? on 10:27 - Aug 1 with 862 viewsGunnsAirkick

Portman Road - what state will it be in? on 09:28 - Aug 1 by fergalsharkey

you have only just realised that!!!!!

up at the training ground they were only playing with 3 floods as they couldnt afford to hire a cherry picker to replace the bulb.

FACT.

I think Turnstile Blues highlighted all of these issues about four years ago. It is crazy to think that they are still not fixed.

I know they are very partisan (and complain about some things I personally think are insignificant), but I have to agree with them that a sum of all of these problems is a sign of how badly the club is being run. Yes these problems are not as important as our recruitment, or our inability to keep players fit, but it is all part of a wider picture of neglect.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 10:30]
Login to get fewer ads

Portman Road - what state will it be in? on 10:56 - Aug 1 with 831 viewschristiand

Portman Road - what state will it be in? on 15:31 - Jul 31 by J2BLUE

If I owned the club I would be so embarrassed that a fan actually offered that I would get it done.

No shame for some people. In the grand scheme of things how much is a tin of blue paint and a brush?
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 10:57]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Portman Road - what state will it be in? on 12:15 - Aug 1 with 794 viewsBecclesITFC

I would like to clean up the ground a bit. The match day experience isn't just about the 90 mins on the pitch. It wouldn't take a lot IMO. QPR made Loftus road look smart, clean and tidy. All the stairwells, fences, seats etc were painted or replaced and the corridors look really modern. I think the club have been a bit lazy, not replacing the seats at SAR lower is bad. Looks a mess. They could also put a screen in that corner, that would be really smart. Not expensive.
Portman Road - what state will it be in? on 12:59 - Aug 1 with 775 viewsfooters

Portman Road - what state will it be in? on 08:49 - Aug 1 by itfcjoe

Good call. Can't let the young'uns loose like that. They'd lounge around huffing paint fumes and getting 'high' instead of putting the graft in.

Portman Road - what state will it be in? on 16:14 - Aug 1 with 730 viewscarlisleaway

Portman Road - what state will it be in? on 12:59 - Aug 1 by footers

Good call. Can't let the young'uns loose like that. They'd lounge around huffing paint fumes and getting 'high' instead of putting the graft in.

As a member of the Supporters Forum the state of Portman Road has been bought up on many occasions last season. It is disgraceful how ME can put his name on the shirts and be a proud owner of a club is beyond me. As a group we had offered our time on sprucing the ground up but got no feed back from the club
I appreciate we have lost £7,000,000 in TV fees, but would you leave your home untidy and without a cost of paint. What are visiting fans going to think on visiting PR for the first time, untidy for a former Premier League club who have featured in European games, oh how were they the days..
Portman Road - what state will it be in? on 16:57 - Aug 2 with 662 viewsPhilTWTD

On which note, quite a bit of work has been done at the training ground over the summer. Paint brushes were being wielded this morning. I assume, given the upcoming cleaning of the stand, Portman Road may well be the next stop.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024