Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale 09:44 - Jul 30 with 3003 viewsHerbivore

Further cheery news about the fall of the pound this morning: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49162356

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 14:10 - Jul 30 with 841 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 14:08 - Jul 30 by ElephantintheRoom

Look on the bright side a weak £ is good for multinationals earning in $. And for Jacob Rees-Mogg's hedge fund.

The end of this insanity may be fairly close. Johnson narrowly squeaked out of a trial and probable jail sentence for lying in public office. Now he is wide open to being taken to court for treason.

€1.06-€1.08 I'm being offered today for Euros. Couldn't Bojo the Clown have waited until the holidays were over before being a total prick? Fecking ridiculous 😂

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 23:26 - Jul 31 with 793 viewsHerbivore

Further evidence: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49183324

Money that could be spent on useful stuff instead being spaffed on something they know won't happen.

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 06:59 - Aug 1 with 757 viewsblueconscience

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 10:08 - Jul 30 by BloomBlue

Exports are increasing because of the lower pound all good news for the economy and jobs.

The reason why are exports have been low is biggest the value of the pound was too high

But most people are more concerned about their holiday exchange rate.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 7:19]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 09:24 - Aug 1 with 710 views26_Paz

Once we are out it will return. Currently we are still hamstrung by scaremongering at home and abroad. Once we leave on WTO terms and everyone realises that the sky hasn't fallen in things will go back to normal. Its like the millennium bug, everyone thinks it will be awful but it will actually be fine.

The Paz Man

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 10:19 - Aug 1 with 682 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 06:59 - Aug 1 by blueconscience

€1.06 I tell ya. Bloomin ridiculous.

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 10:34 - Aug 1 with 670 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 09:24 - Aug 1 by 26_Paz

Once we are out it will return. Currently we are still hamstrung by scaremongering at home and abroad. Once we leave on WTO terms and everyone realises that the sky hasn't fallen in things will go back to normal. Its like the millennium bug, everyone thinks it will be awful but it will actually be fine.

It's not really an optimal solution though is it. We won't go back to 'normal' as there will be years and years of agreements to re-negotiate (there's a reason countries don't trade under WTO terms alone, even if they do provide a basic framework).

Hundreds of billions were spent on tackling the Millennium bug so that people could later say 'nothing happened, it was all over nothing'.

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 10:35 - Aug 1 with 668 viewsbrazil1982

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 14:08 - Jul 30 by ElephantintheRoom

Look on the bright side a weak £ is good for multinationals earning in $. And for Jacob Rees-Mogg's hedge fund.

The end of this insanity may be fairly close. Johnson narrowly squeaked out of a trial and probable jail sentence for lying in public office. Now he is wide open to being taken to court for treason.

"Narrowly"?! It was thoroughly dismissed by the High Court.
Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 11:21 - Aug 1 with 650 viewsHerbivore

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 09:24 - Aug 1 by 26_Paz

This opinion is based on literally nothing at all.

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 12:07 - Aug 1 with 628 views26_Paz

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 11:21 - Aug 1 by Herbivore

This opinion is based on literally nothing at all.

Its based on common sense.

The Paz Man

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 12:08 - Aug 1 with 625 viewsHerbivore

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 12:07 - Aug 1 by 26_Paz

Its based on common sense.

It's not. It's based on blind faith and nothing more.

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 12:38 - Aug 1 with 601 views26_Paz

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 12:08 - Aug 1 by Herbivore

It's not. It's based on blind faith and nothing more.

The EU don't want us buying their stuff anymore then?

The Paz Man

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 12:46 - Aug 1 with 592 viewsHerbivore

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 12:38 - Aug 1 by 26_Paz

The EU don't want us buying their stuff anymore then?

Eh?

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 12:50 - Aug 1 with 586 views26_Paz

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 12:46 - Aug 1 by Herbivore

Eh?

They don't want a trade war with us is my point.

The Paz Man

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 13:01 - Aug 1 with 577 viewsHerbivore

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 12:50 - Aug 1 by 26_Paz

They don't want a trade war with us is my point.

Nobody has claimed there will be a trade war. What is patently obvious to anyone with even the faintest clue about economics is that cutting ties with by far your biggest trading partner in a way that causes disruption and the application of tariffs and border checks is going to come at an economic cost. We need a deal more than the EU does too so the notion that if we just leave then they will come running to us cap in hand is pure fantasy.

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 13:04 - Aug 1 with 576 views26_Paz

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 13:01 - Aug 1 by Herbivore

Nobody has claimed there will be a trade war. What is patently obvious to anyone with even the faintest clue about economics is that cutting ties with by far your biggest trading partner in a way that causes disruption and the application of tariffs and border checks is going to come at an economic cost. We need a deal more than the EU does too so the notion that if we just leave then they will come running to us cap in hand is pure fantasy.

I disagree.

The Paz Man

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 13:06 - Aug 1 with 575 viewsHerbivore

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 13:04 - Aug 1 by 26_Paz

I disagree.

Righto. I can't work out if you're on the wind up or if you just don't really grasp what's going on. Either way there's little point in me trying to get through to you so I'll bid you a good day.

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 13:46 - Aug 1 with 550 views26_Paz

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 13:06 - Aug 1 by Herbivore

Righto. I can't work out if you're on the wind up or if you just don't really grasp what's going on. Either way there's little point in me trying to get through to you so I'll bid you a good day.

Another 3 points for the Paz Man safely in the bag

The Paz Man

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 13:55 - Aug 1 with 537 viewsSpruceMoose

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 13:46 - Aug 1 by 26_Paz

Another 3 points for the Paz Man safely in the bag

Do you have to share the point with Kinnockers? 1.5 points each?

#EasyTapIn

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 13:59 - Aug 1 with 533 views26_Paz

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 13:55 - Aug 1 by SpruceMoose

Do you have to share the point with Kinnockers? 1.5 points each?

#EasyTapIn

According to some we are the same person ...

The Paz Man

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 13:59 - Aug 1 with 530 viewsSpruceMoose

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 13:59 - Aug 1 by 26_Paz

According to some we are the same person ...

That was the joke genius...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 14:26 - Aug 1 with 508 views26_Paz

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 13:59 - Aug 1 by SpruceMoose

That was the joke genius...

I can assure you we are not.

The Paz Man

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 14:29 - Aug 1 with 505 viewsSpruceMoose

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 14:26 - Aug 1 by 26_Paz

Well you would say that...

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 19:25 - Aug 1 with 469 viewsGrandadDel

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 14:26 - Aug 1 by 26_Paz

Ignore them mate Im supposed to be this Benters bloke according to that lot ! Is bullying thats all . I think you talk alot of sense to my mind .
Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 19:50 - Aug 1 with 460 viewsreusersfreekicks

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 19:25 - Aug 1 by GrandadDel

Ignore them mate Im supposed to be this Benters bloke according to that lot ! Is bullying thats all . I think you talk alot of sense to my mind .

The greatest indictment of all
Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 19:52 - Aug 1 with 458 viewsSpruceMoose

Brexit and Boris = self-harm on a national scale on 06:59 - Aug 1 by blueconscience

Thanks to Brexit my financial obligations in the UK have never been cheaper for me to meet from the US

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024