Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans 09:41 - Jul 24 with 4275 viewsipswichtillidie

This is where Evans needs to come out and talk! This is my main problem with the guy. He’s our owner, suppose to be our leader yet he sits in the background and says nothing at a time when the club needs some direction. Feel for Lambert tbh. Do hope he gets the players he wants because it’s as clear as day that he is desperately waiting for O’neill & ME to pull their fingers out of their rears.

Gav

Evans on 12:17 - Jul 24 with 556 viewsSuperblue95

He’s barely spoken out publicly in the 12 or so years he’s been here. He’s not going to start speaking publicly every time a player wants to leave because some fans are wildly overreacting to it

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Evans on 12:24 - Jul 24 with 553 viewspennblue

Evans on 09:44 - Jul 24 by portmanking

Until our fans get together and realise that we're the only good thing going for this club right now and voice our displeasure, Evans will be happy to maintain the status quo.

The time for action is now.

I am up for it, where do we start with an Evans Out campaign?

The time has come. The team is clearly not going to compete this year which is why Judge wants out I am sure.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Evans on 12:27 - Jul 24 with 551 viewsipswichtillidie

Evans on 12:06 - Jul 24 by blueislander

I asked you the question earlier. What is it that you want him to say? Apart from that he is going to invest £100M more into the club

I’m not the chairman but If I was I’d be saying something and showing everyone that this means everything to me. I’d let the manager run the footballing side but lead from the front. I wouldn’t hire some mouth piece that’s for sure.
But you asked what I’d say ... I’d say this.. “Whilst it’s disappointing we have lost some first team players through injury we are working hard to ensure Paul is adequately covered in the areas of the team he requires”
Sometimes as simple as it sounds reassurance is all you need. Maybe your missis has once asked you for some or maybe your just the type that doesn’t give it or need it when you love something!
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 12:28]

Gav

Evans on 12:36 - Jul 24 with 532 viewsActionMan

Evans on 12:27 - Jul 24 by ipswichtillidie

I’m not the chairman but If I was I’d be saying something and showing everyone that this means everything to me. I’d let the manager run the footballing side but lead from the front. I wouldn’t hire some mouth piece that’s for sure.
But you asked what I’d say ... I’d say this.. “Whilst it’s disappointing we have lost some first team players through injury we are working hard to ensure Paul is adequately covered in the areas of the team he requires”
Sometimes as simple as it sounds reassurance is all you need. Maybe your missis has once asked you for some or maybe your just the type that doesn’t give it or need it when you love something!

But what is he going to say? You are thinking about this from an Ipswich fans perspective running the club. Evans bought Ipswich as a business venture to make a profit, since thats now not going to happen it's in a effect a loss management exercise, keeping the loses low and keeping the club running. He doesn't support the club, he's a businessman - this isn't the be and end all to him. If he could sell it tomorrow, he would.
Evans on 12:39 - Jul 24 with 529 viewsipswichtillidie

Evans on 12:36 - Jul 24 by ActionMan

But what is he going to say? You are thinking about this from an Ipswich fans perspective running the club. Evans bought Ipswich as a business venture to make a profit, since thats now not going to happen it's in a effect a loss management exercise, keeping the loses low and keeping the club running. He doesn't support the club, he's a businessman - this isn't the be and end all to him. If he could sell it tomorrow, he would.

If your right then “Evans out”
I’m not so sure you are I just want more from him. Either way this is a relationship that seems to only be going one way. Mark my words if we are not in the promotion push then it won’t be Lambert that will be under pressure

Gav

Evans on 12:41 - Jul 24 with 522 viewsGuthrum

But you're a fan - as indicated by your username - ITFC 'means everything' to you. Not necessarily the same for the owner of a club. Just one part of his business empire (a very unprofitable one, at that).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Evans on 12:43 - Jul 24 with 520 viewsActionMan

Evans on 12:39 - Jul 24 by ipswichtillidie

If your right then “Evans out”
I’m not so sure you are I just want more from him. Either way this is a relationship that seems to only be going one way. Mark my words if we are not in the promotion push then it won’t be Lambert that will be under pressure

We'd all like it to be different. Evans has been an absolute disaster here and clearly lacks leadership. He's done enough to keep us afloat but thats about it. Paul Lambert was a good choice to bring in at the time, raise spirits and encourage us to get back onboard but sadly it's just more of the same and for Evans in terms of ST sales lightning won't strike twice on this, if we're a third division side next season those numbers could well half and he'll regret not doing more now to avoid that.
Evans on 12:43 - Jul 24 with 520 viewsblueislander

Those are mere platitudes, and a lot of the disgruntled would just mock if he came out with those words. He is not the Chairman, and , as the owner , he has always kept that low profile.He has never made the pretence that he knows much about football. I would imagine that he is ruing his decision to buy the club, and saying to himself that he will never again invest in a business that he doesn't understand.
Login to get fewer ads

Evans on 12:46 - Jul 24 with 515 viewsipswichtillidie

Evans on 12:43 - Jul 24 by blueislander

Those are mere platitudes, and a lot of the disgruntled would just mock if he came out with those words. He is not the Chairman, and , as the owner , he has always kept that low profile.He has never made the pretence that he knows much about football. I would imagine that he is ruing his decision to buy the club, and saying to himself that he will never again invest in a business that he doesn't understand.

Be what they may he has the responsibility to do the right thing and in my mind he hasn’t done a good enough job. Your second point I totally agree with, I think he very much thinks like that hence his lapsing approach to the whole owner/chairman of OUR football club
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 12:47]

Gav

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024