Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans 09:41 - Jul 24 with 4276 viewsipswichtillidie

This is where Evans needs to come out and talk! This is my main problem with the guy. He’s our owner, suppose to be our leader yet he sits in the background and says nothing at a time when the club needs some direction. Feel for Lambert tbh. Do hope he gets the players he wants because it’s as clear as day that he is desperately waiting for O’neill & ME to pull their fingers out of their rears.

Gav

Evans on 10:33 - Jul 24 with 1414 viewsipswichtillidie

Evans on 10:25 - Jul 24 by Guthrum

I'm not sure they did intend to build the team around Judge (or any other single player). We know better than most how fragile that strategy can be.

This reaction to his possible departure has more to do with fan supposition than reality.

If anyone, Norwood is the key cog in the machine for the coming season. We desperately needed an effective striker, now we have one.

Norwood is a vital player for us yes but you’d be naive to think Lambert wasn’t building a team around a player he pushed through to sign in April when we were all but relegated. Come on we all know Lambert wanted Judge as the forefront of everything. He even said the other week “ let me worry about where I think his best position is”

Gav

Evans on 10:37 - Jul 24 with 1408 viewsGuthrum

Evans on 10:33 - Jul 24 by ipswichtillidie

Norwood is a vital player for us yes but you’d be naive to think Lambert wasn’t building a team around a player he pushed through to sign in April when we were all but relegated. Come on we all know Lambert wanted Judge as the forefront of everything. He even said the other week “ let me worry about where I think his best position is”

Judge is a decent player (even if he hasn't really fired for ITFC yet), tying him down was a no brainer. If nothing else, it ensures a substantial fee when suitors come calling.

But the very fact that Lambert was still considering his best position says he hadn't designed the entire structure around one man.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Evans on 10:41 - Jul 24 with 1405 viewsCoastalblue

I bet Lambert has lots of reasons to get the ache with Evans, but I can't imagine Evans keeping his trap shut is one of them.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Evans on 10:42 - Jul 24 with 1399 viewsGuthrum

Evans on 10:29 - Jul 24 by ipswichtillidie

If you read my OP my main issue is with the lack of leadership and communication. I’m not primarily referring to the judge situation. It’s the lack of direction from the person at the top of the chain that I find so frustrating. Being lead by a leaderless leader.

But how do you know there's a lack of internal direction? Absence of public announcements doesn't necessarily mean it's not happening behind closed doors.

What we can read, so can everybody else. Laying all your cards on the table may not be the best way to play.

Evans on 10:45 - Jul 24 with 1393 viewsipswichtillidie

Evans on 10:37 - Jul 24 by Guthrum

Judge is a decent player (even if he hasn't really fired for ITFC yet), tying him down was a no brainer. If nothing else, it ensures a substantial fee when suitors come calling.

But the very fact that Lambert was still considering his best position says he hadn't designed the entire structure around one man.

Wrong he knew his best position that was the point of his rebuttal to the interviewer.

Gav

Evans on 10:47 - Jul 24 with 1387 viewsPrideOfTheEast

To say what? Literally nothing has changed.

We've shed loads of injuries, had a reasonable pre-season and we've got a reasonably strong league one squad.
Evans on 10:53 - Jul 24 with 1379 viewsGuthrum

Evans on 10:45 - Jul 24 by ipswichtillidie

Wrong he knew his best position that was the point of his rebuttal to the interviewer.

If that's wide left and Judge doesn't want to play there, might explain his keenness to leave.

Evans on 10:54 - Jul 24 with 1372 viewsBigManBlue

Evans on 10:53 - Jul 24 by Guthrum

If that's wide left and Judge doesn't want to play there, might explain his keenness to leave.

I've wondered this. Always assumed last year it was purely out of necessity but not so sure that was the case now.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Login to get fewer ads

Evans on 10:55 - Jul 24 with 1366 viewsipswichtillidie

Evans on 10:42 - Jul 24 by Guthrum

But how do you know there's a lack of internal direction? Absence of public announcements doesn't necessarily mean it's not happening behind closed doors.

What we can read, so can everybody else. Laying all your cards on the table may not be the best way to play.

To make it simple for you in layman’s terms, we are the customers and he is the manager. We have a complaint or a query but the manager isn’t in again and know one knows what’s going on even the assistant manager hasn’t a clue. We ask him to call us but he’s not available to talk until the end of the financial year. Hope that helps.

Gav

Evans on 10:57 - Jul 24 with 1365 viewsipswichtillidie

Evans on 10:53 - Jul 24 by Guthrum

I think it’s clear why he wants to leave and that isn’t the reason.
Close to home, 2 hour journey or 10mins! Higher level, more money, familiar boss!

Gav

Evans on 11:07 - Jul 24 with 1346 viewsGuthrum

Evans on 10:55 - Jul 24 by ipswichtillidie

To make it simple for you in layman’s terms, we are the customers and he is the manager. We have a complaint or a query but the manager isn’t in again and know one knows what’s going on even the assistant manager hasn’t a clue. We ask him to call us but he’s not available to talk until the end of the financial year. Hope that helps.

Except it's not like that at all. The Manager (Lambert) is talking to the fans all the time. However, he is not able to discuss internal hirings and ongoing product development, except in the very broadest terms (as being commercially sensitive information).

In any case, the "customer complaint" is currently that a particular thing which hasn't happened yet may come to pass in a way you don't like. Not much can be said to address that one.

Being 'customers' not shareholders, we have much less right to information.

Evans on 11:14 - Jul 24 with 1330 viewsipswichtillidie

Evans on 11:07 - Jul 24 by Guthrum

Except it's not like that at all. The Manager (Lambert) is talking to the fans all the time. However, he is not able to discuss internal hirings and ongoing product development, except in the very broadest terms (as being commercially sensitive information).

In any case, the "customer complaint" is currently that a particular thing which hasn't happened yet may come to pass in a way you don't like. Not much can be said to address that one.

Being 'customers' not shareholders, we have much less right to information.

Obviously Evans was the manager in my scenario and I also appreciate that not everything can be made public in the footballing world but that isn’t the point I’m making. Can I ask you as a supporter do you feel there is some current un-rest among fans? Would you like more communication from our chairman?

Gav

Evans on 11:20 - Jul 24 with 1322 viewsblueislander

Evans on 11:14 - Jul 24 by ipswichtillidie

Obviously Evans was the manager in my scenario and I also appreciate that not everything can be made public in the footballing world but that isn’t the point I’m making. Can I ask you as a supporter do you feel there is some current un-rest among fans? Would you like more communication from our chairman?

Point of order- Evans is not The Chairman. What sort of information exactly would you like to have from him? As Guthers has said you can't expect him to speak about individual transactions on which negotiations are on-going. Lambert speaks as openly as possible on the actual football matters. I really have difficulty in understanding your point. I would suggest that , at this moment , there is not a great deal of unrest among supporters, other than a keen sense of anticipation for the new season , with a young, and largely home-grown squad.
Evans on 11:23 - Jul 24 with 1318 viewsipswichtillidie

Evans on 11:20 - Jul 24 by blueislander

Point of order- Evans is not The Chairman. What sort of information exactly would you like to have from him? As Guthers has said you can't expect him to speak about individual transactions on which negotiations are on-going. Lambert speaks as openly as possible on the actual football matters. I really have difficulty in understanding your point. I would suggest that , at this moment , there is not a great deal of unrest among supporters, other than a keen sense of anticipation for the new season , with a young, and largely home-grown squad.

Open your eyes.. read what people are writing in the news stories the threads on here Twitter, Facebook and tell me there is no un rest atm. Take those blue tinted sun glasses off and you might actually be able to see.

Gav

Evans on 11:26 - Jul 24 with 1310 viewsGuthrum

Evans on 11:14 - Jul 24 by ipswichtillidie

As I said at the beginning, I don't see what the Owner could say which would in any way be helpful or illuminating. Let alone quieting the unrest among a section of the fanbase.

If Evans stood up and said: "There have been offers for Judge, but the valuation is currently too low. If he is sold, the money will be ploughed back into the club. Negotiations are ongoing on that and other transfer business.", it tells us nothing new, people would poo-poo his assurances and we are no further forward.

If he's got something significant to reveal, then yes. But otherwise is just so much fluff.

Evans on 11:29 - Jul 24 with 1307 viewsblueislander

Evans on 11:23 - Jul 24 by ipswichtillidie

Open your eyes.. read what people are writing in the news stories the threads on here Twitter, Facebook and tell me there is no un rest atm. Take those blue tinted sun glasses off and you might actually be able to see.

In my view , a large percentage of people that post on social media do it because they perceive that they have an axe to grind. I don't think that they are representative of the greater support base of the club. Why don't you look on the positive side? It seems that , at last we have a genuine striker. We have some very exciting and creative midfielders who will be encouraged to play an attractive brand of football. Come back with your moans once we have got most of the injured players fit.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 11:34]
Evans on 11:30 - Jul 24 with 1306 viewsCoastalblue

You've not considered your own judgement is being clouded by your views?

I couldn't care less if Evans never utters another word publically again about ITFC, what I do hope is that he manages to improve the club structure so that we can move forward and improve.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Evans on 11:34 - Jul 24 with 1297 viewsGuthrum

The 'unrest' is mostly centered around Evans' unwillingness/inability to spend lots more money, not his lack of communication.

If not announcing a big new budget (which he wouldn't be, especially in present circumstances), what can he say to calm the grumblers?

Evans on 11:51 - Jul 24 with 1289 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Evans on 09:44 - Jul 24 by portmanking

Until our fans get together and realise that we're the only good thing going for this club right now and voice our displeasure, Evans will be happy to maintain the status quo.

The time for action is now.

Yeah, we can all tut loudly on 74 minutes and silently roll our eyes on 81 minutes against Burton. That'll show him. And about as much of a protest as you'll ever get against him.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Evans on 12:03 - Jul 24 with 1282 viewsipswichtillidie

Evans on 11:34 - Jul 24 by Guthrum

The 'unrest' is mostly centered around Evans' unwillingness/inability to spend lots more money, not his lack of communication.

If not announcing a big new budget (which he wouldn't be, especially in present circumstances), what can he say to calm the grumblers?

I think it’s an element of both tbh. In some part financial yes, but most whilst don’t appreciate him acknowledge what he does put in. It’s the personal touch, the lack of communication and the lack of heart that undeniably is also an issue with many. Whilst clearly your not in that category you must see many other Town fans do feel that way...

Gav

Evans on 12:06 - Jul 24 with 1279 viewsblueislander

Evans on 12:03 - Jul 24 by ipswichtillidie

I think it’s an element of both tbh. In some part financial yes, but most whilst don’t appreciate him acknowledge what he does put in. It’s the personal touch, the lack of communication and the lack of heart that undeniably is also an issue with many. Whilst clearly your not in that category you must see many other Town fans do feel that way...

I asked you the question earlier. What is it that you want him to say? Apart from that he is going to invest £100M more into the club
Evans on 12:08 - Jul 24 with 1278 viewsbraveblue

Evans on 10:13 - Jul 24 by Garv

I see your point but I don't think anything ME could come out and say would make anyone happy.

It would either be realism resulting in everyone getting down about the situation, or a load of false promises that never materialise, which people would be skeptical about in the first place.

He could always try the truth.
Evans on 12:10 - Jul 24 with 1275 viewsGuthrum

Evans on 12:03 - Jul 24 by ipswichtillidie

I don't expect owners to be as voluably fanatical as the fans, no. With a few notable exceptions, most of what they say is lip-service anyway.

Evans on 12:11 - Jul 24 with 1275 viewsblueislander

Evans on 12:08 - Jul 24 by braveblue

He could always try the truth.

Which is?
Evans on 12:12 - Jul 24 with 1274 viewsActionMan

What's he going to say that we don't already know?

1:) We're going to have to do things differently and work within a tight budget relying heavily on our youth team and existing players while bringing in the best free's/loans available to us on that budget. Staying "competitive" in his view while not breaking the bank doing so.

2:) If big money offers come in, we'll sell.

What more can he say? He's not going to suddenly appear via Facebook live and tell us he's ready to finally chuck serious money at it and Wayne Rooney is being flown in for contract talks. This is the man who brought us Leon Best.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024