Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With Chambers and Nsiala unavailable for the start of the season 11:51 - Jul 17 with 4875 viewsMaySixth

who will start at centre back?
[Post edited 17 Jul 2019 11:51]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

With Chambers and Nsiala unavailable for the start of the season on 17:34 - Jul 17 with 1071 viewsblueislander

With Chambers and Nsiala unavailable for the start of the season on 17:27 - Jul 17 by PJH

I would not say Bobby Moore had a huge physical presence, an aura but not a presence.
He could tackle and tackle well but his game was mostly based on anticipation, his reading of a situation was almost uncanny.
Norman Hunter had a physical presence and was unlucky to be around as the same time as Bobby Moore otherwise he would have gained loads for caps.

Unless you and I are seeing physical presence as two different things....

The aura that he had, as you rightly say, gave him the physical presence imo. He also distributed the ball very well. Hunter despite his well deserved reputation as a hard man, had a wonderful left foot.
With Chambers and Nsiala unavailable for the start of the season on 17:36 - Jul 17 with 1070 viewsPJH

With Chambers and Nsiala unavailable for the start of the season on 17:30 - Jul 17 by christiand

That's my thoughts PJH!

I know, I saw that you had posted but waded in anyway.

After posting I wondered what would have happened if Bobby Moore's career coincided with a fit Kevin Beattie's because a fit Kevin Beattie would also have been worth upwards of 100 caps.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2019 17:39]
With Chambers and Nsiala unavailable for the start of the season on 17:38 - Jul 17 with 1067 viewsPJH

With Chambers and Nsiala unavailable for the start of the season on 17:34 - Jul 17 by blueislander

The aura that he had, as you rightly say, gave him the physical presence imo. He also distributed the ball very well. Hunter despite his well deserved reputation as a hard man, had a wonderful left foot.

Yes, I thought that you were seeing physical presence in his game as being based on strength because I never saw Bobby Moore like that.
With Chambers and Nsiala unavailable for the start of the season on 17:39 - Jul 17 with 1065 viewsblueislander

With Chambers and Nsiala unavailable for the start of the season on 17:36 - Jul 17 by PJH

I know, I saw that you had posted but waded in anyway.

After posting I wondered what would have happened if Bobby Moore's career coincided with a fit Kevin Beattie's because a fit Kevin Beattie would also have been worth upwards of 100 caps.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2019 17:39]

Or going even further back Duncan Sdwards?
With Chambers and Nsiala unavailable for the start of the season on 17:40 - Jul 17 with 1055 viewsPJH

With Chambers and Nsiala unavailable for the start of the season on 17:39 - Jul 17 by blueislander

Or going even further back Duncan Sdwards?

Yes, I never saw him play but I think SBR put Kevin Beattie on a similar level as Duncan Edwards.
With Chambers and Nsiala unavailable for the start of the season on 17:46 - Jul 17 with 1045 viewsblueislander

With Chambers and Nsiala unavailable for the start of the season on 17:40 - Jul 17 by PJH

Yes, I never saw him play but I think SBR put Kevin Beattie on a similar level as Duncan Edwards.

I didn’t see him play live either, just a few old clips.I also recall Beattie being compared to him.
With Chambers and Nsiala unavailable for the start of the season on 17:48 - Jul 17 with 1045 viewsbraveblue

Anyone who is cheap enough for Marcus.

I can see us losing first few games with non existent defence and nerves would really kick in then.
With Chambers and Nsiala unavailable for the start of the season on 20:56 - Jul 17 with 1003 viewsBlueBadger

With Chambers and Nsiala unavailable for the start of the season on 17:48 - Jul 17 by braveblue

Anyone who is cheap enough for Marcus.

I can see us losing first few games with non existent defence and nerves would really kick in then.

It's glorious timing for Lambert. He's got a ready-made early-season excuse for all the Improved Performances incoming.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2019 22:27]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

With Chambers and Nsiala unavailable for the start of the season on 23:15 - Jul 17 with 963 viewstextbackup

With Chambers and Nsiala unavailable for the start of the season on 14:42 - Jul 17 by christiand

Skuse and Woolfenden. Also, they'd both be ideal for PL's style of play where he wants to play out from the back both are decent on the ball. Skuse reads the game well, so he could let Woolfenden challenge for the high ball, while he plays behind the youngster and sweeps up the bits and pieces.

the same wolfenden that gave an interview the other day and said he'd like to play alongside someone that does the dirty work so he can play?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

With Chambers and Nsiala unavailable for the start of the season on 07:00 - Jul 18 with 931 viewschristiand

With Chambers and Nsiala unavailable for the start of the season on 23:15 - Jul 17 by textbackup

the same wolfenden that gave an interview the other day and said he'd like to play alongside someone that does the dirty work so he can play?

The needs of the team outweigh those of the individual for a couple of games at least.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

With Chambers and Nsiala unavailable for the start of the season on 07:58 - Jul 18 with 904 viewsmeekreech

With Chambers and Nsiala unavailable for the start of the season on 14:08 - Jul 17 by Keaneish

Nsiala will be back.

Hopefully back in the queue for departure.

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

With Chambers and Nsiala unavailable for the start of the season on 08:37 - Jul 18 with 872 viewsBlueySwede

I had a dream a few nights ago that Ndaba became our surprise player of the season (in a good way). Of course it was just a dream, but I´ll certainly take it if it comes true. But probably there will be at least one addition at centre back, so I´m guessing new player and Skuse or Woolfenden.
With Chambers and Nsiala unavailable for the start of the season on 08:43 - Jul 18 with 863 viewsitfcjoe

Woolfenden plus a new signing

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

With Chambers and Nsiala unavailable for the start of the season on 09:14 - Jul 18 with 837 viewsPositivelyPortman

With Chambers and Nsiala unavailable for the start of the season on 07:58 - Jul 18 by meekreech

Hopefully back in the queue for departure.

What?

Is that the same Nsiala that was voted by TWTD readers ‘man of the match’ in the last few games of 2018/19 season?

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024