Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tottenham U21's in EFL Trophy 12:44 - Jul 12 with 3196 viewsJackSted

At least it's not Norwich

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Tottenham U21's in EFL Trophy on 15:17 - Jul 12 with 549 viewsBlueBadger

Tottenham U21's in EFL Trophy on 13:03 - Jul 12 by J2BLUE

When can we expect this kind of post to stop?

When the quality of the football ACTUALLY improves?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Tottenham U21's in EFL Trophy on 15:42 - Jul 12 with 532 viewsSomethingBlue

We must never get into the mindset of normalising this kind of fixture. It's not OK.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Tottenham U21's in EFL Trophy on 20:48 - Jul 12 with 474 viewsquirkie

Depressing isn't it playing the Spuds kids.

We won our last 3 matches against them and over the years have a pretty much parallel head to head record.

https://www.11v11.com/teams/ipswich-town/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Tottenham%
[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 20:49]

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Tottenham U21's in EFL Trophy on 21:05 - Jul 12 with 453 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tottenham U21's in EFL Trophy on 13:10 - Jul 12 by itfcjoe

Oh, well - I hope we treat the competition with the disdain it deserves and use it to keep our squad fit and give our youngsters minutes

Think we'll get a £5k fine for doing so per game, but we need to develop players more than Spurs do so screw them.

Luton put out a great statement about it a few years back (below) when they were fined for fielding under strength teams despite qualifying!!

https://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/2016/november/club-statement-on-15k-checkatrade

That is a superb statement. "does our ‘offence’ make a mockery of the competition any more than a club substituting their first-choice goalkeeper after just a couple of minutes of the game to ensure they met the five-player starting rule?"

I suggest we start with the 5 players required, substitute 3 at the first break in play and then go down to 9 men when the other two leave the pitch "injured" straight after (unless it is one of those competitions that allows more than 3 subs).

The crowds are "low 3 figures". Little wonder the Premier League players can't be bothered and are happy to be dumped out. I bet Nodge take it seriously, play their strongest side and brag about going further in the competition and hold an open-top bus parade if they win it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024