Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again 11:18 - Jul 2 with 9250 viewsSwansea_Blue

they really do need a new head of PR.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 11:20 - Jul 2 with 3752 viewsJ2BLUE

Embarrassing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 11:23 - Jul 2 with 3750 viewsPendejo

In a 1948 speech to the House of Commons, Winston Churchill said (paraphrased), 'Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it.'

but then we established yesterday these type of people wouldn't really like Winnie

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 11:25 - Jul 2 with 3731 viewsbrazil1982

Yes, they do. But can we stop referring to them as Nazis?
Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 11:37 - Jul 2 with 3689 viewsStokieBlue

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 11:25 - Jul 2 by brazil1982

Yes, they do. But can we stop referring to them as Nazis?

He's not compared them to Nazis. He's said they have performed an act the Nazis performed.

Perhaps read the posts closer before getting defensive.

Surely you think this is totally embarrassing? They are behaving like children.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 11:38 - Jul 2 with 3687 viewslowhouseblue

i'm confused. do we know why the people in the reichstag had turned around? he's saying it's because the eu anthem was being played? how odd.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 11:41 - Jul 2 with 3666 viewsartsbossbeard

Cringeworthy stuff.

This makes me feel embarrassed to be British and tarred with the same insular, hateful and ignorant brush.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 11:45 - Jul 2 with 3649 viewschicoazul

This is just a ridiculous narrative to take and does nothing to serve any purpose other than making a few people feel better about themselves by laughing at idiots, which BTW is a totally fine thing to do.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 11:49 - Jul 2 with 3623 viewsflimflam

Didnt realise the EU was a nation and required a national anthem?

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Login to get fewer ads

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 11:50 - Jul 2 with 3611 viewsartsbossbeard

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 11:49 - Jul 2 by flimflam

Didnt realise the EU was a nation and required a national anthem?

That's your takeaway from that tweet?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 11:51 - Jul 2 with 3610 viewseireblue

They will also be turning their back on the MEP pay, expenses and pensions dished out on the gravy train as well, surely.
Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 11:52 - Jul 2 with 3596 viewsflimflam

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 11:50 - Jul 2 by artsbossbeard

That's your takeaway from that tweet?

No I also agree they are being knobs but the whole EU anthem is pretty pathetic in itself.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 11:53 - Jul 2 with 3592 viewsSteve_M

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 11:55 - Jul 2 with 3571 viewsgiant_stow

Regardless of the nazi link, its just childish and rude.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 11:57 - Jul 2 with 3555 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Embarrassing.

However, its got them the headlines they want, and their supporters will love it.

...on the flip side, it aint gonna help brexit.... but I guess thats their aim. They want to make a deal impossible, so that a hard brexit takes place.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 11:58 - Jul 2 with 3551 viewslowhouseblue

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 11:55 - Jul 2 by giant_stow

Regardless of the nazi link, its just childish and rude.

I agree with childish and rude. but what is the nazi link - just that there is a photo of nazis who once also turned their backs on something. is that really a meaningful link? i'm guessing a lot of different people have turned their backs on things over the years.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 12:00 - Jul 2 with 3539 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 11:38 - Jul 2 by lowhouseblue

i'm confused. do we know why the people in the reichstag had turned around? he's saying it's because the eu anthem was being played? how odd.

According to the stock image provider, it was taken on 10.12.1930 (I'm not sure if that's December or October, possibly the latter). The photo is captioned as 'The Nazi Party Turns Off Loewenthal. In the middle in front of Joseph Goebbels writes with his body averted (in light suit).' http://multimedia.ctk.cz/foto/document/24765692/953

Fritz Lowenthal was the son of a Jewish merchant who at the time this photo was taken had just been elected to the Reichstag as a member of the Kommunistische Partei Deutschlands (KPD) - https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_L%C3%B6wenthal

I think the comparison is that it's the same response, a complete lack of respect/engagement, to a democratically elected body/person. I assume that's the comparison, rather than Lowenthal's Jewish background, all though that wouldn't have helped in the 1930 example!

PS. and a general point for Brazil's benefit, SB is right - it's was the unfortunate comparison I was commenting on, not calling the Brexit Party members Nazis. I thought that was fairly obvious hence saying why they needed a new PR adviser.

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 12:03 - Jul 2 with 3506 viewsbrazil1982

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 12:00 - Jul 2 by Swansea_Blue

According to the stock image provider, it was taken on 10.12.1930 (I'm not sure if that's December or October, possibly the latter). The photo is captioned as 'The Nazi Party Turns Off Loewenthal. In the middle in front of Joseph Goebbels writes with his body averted (in light suit).' http://multimedia.ctk.cz/foto/document/24765692/953

Fritz Lowenthal was the son of a Jewish merchant who at the time this photo was taken had just been elected to the Reichstag as a member of the Kommunistische Partei Deutschlands (KPD) - https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_L%C3%B6wenthal

I think the comparison is that it's the same response, a complete lack of respect/engagement, to a democratically elected body/person. I assume that's the comparison, rather than Lowenthal's Jewish background, all though that wouldn't have helped in the 1930 example!

PS. and a general point for Brazil's benefit, SB is right - it's was the unfortunate comparison I was commenting on, not calling the Brexit Party members Nazis. I thought that was fairly obvious hence saying why they needed a new PR adviser.

Fair enough, apologies for any misunderstanding on my part.
Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 12:06 - Jul 2 with 3487 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 12:03 - Jul 2 by brazil1982

Fair enough, apologies for any misunderstanding on my part.

No problem and no need to apologise. It's true that the accusations of being Nazis are thrown around far too often. I think in this case it's a clear mimickary, but I'm sure it's also unintentional (unlike Farage's poster, for example, which was very clearly intentional).

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 12:07 - Jul 2 with 3483 viewslowhouseblue

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 12:00 - Jul 2 by Swansea_Blue

it's not quite the same is it. the brexit idiots weren't opposing an individual because of that person's race - they were rejecting an institution they have been elected to leave. the tweet says 'for exactly the same reasons' which is clearly nonsense. lots of people stage protests by turning their backs - the tweet is just a pretty pathetic attempt to smear the brexit idiots by linking them to nazis. it's very childish. why not show a picture of black athletes refusing to stand for the us national athem and say 'for exactly the same reasons'? it's pretty pathetic.

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 12:08 - Jul 2 with 3468 viewsfooters

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 12:07 - Jul 2 by lowhouseblue

it's not quite the same is it. the brexit idiots weren't opposing an individual because of that person's race - they were rejecting an institution they have been elected to leave. the tweet says 'for exactly the same reasons' which is clearly nonsense. lots of people stage protests by turning their backs - the tweet is just a pretty pathetic attempt to smear the brexit idiots by linking them to nazis. it's very childish. why not show a picture of black athletes refusing to stand for the us national athem and say 'for exactly the same reasons'? it's pretty pathetic.

Hot take: they're actually doing the Poznan.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 12:10 - Jul 2 with 3446 viewsSuperblue95

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 11:53 - Jul 2 by Steve_M

Are those women in the middle row holding hands too? Good lord

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 12:14 - Jul 2 with 3426 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 12:07 - Jul 2 by lowhouseblue

I don't think we can assume the original case was because he was Jewish either (although obviously wouldn't have helped, and it may have been, I just don't know). As I said, the similarity is in the rejection of a democratically elected person/body. Those MEPs in Brussels are all there at the instruction of their constituents; it's an insult to them. Brexit is a domestic issue, not one we should export to the Parliament (the Lib Dem yellow T-shirts are crass too imo).

A more effective, less hypocritical approach could be to do what Sinn Féin MPs do and abstain from attending.

I think this is as much more about publicity and playing to their support base than it is a protest against the Parliament.

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 12:14 - Jul 2 with 3422 viewsSpruceMoose

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 12:10 - Jul 2 by Superblue95

Are those women in the middle row holding hands too? Good lord

Old 691 is desperately trying to suppress that gay desire from being forced to stare at the female bottom in front of her.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:16 - Jul 2 with 3413 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 11:37 - Jul 2 by StokieBlue

He's not compared them to Nazis. He's said they have performed an act the Nazis performed.

SB

Surely the subject line of the OP plus the follow up tweet embedded are quite obviously comparing the Brexit Party to Nazis?

Don’t disagree with the second point, although they’d probably argue that’s what they’ve been elected to do
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 12:19]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:16 - Jul 2 with 3413 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Nothing to see here, just the Brexit party mimicking Nazis again on 11:37 - Jul 2 by StokieBlue

SB

EDIT: double post
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 12:19]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024