Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Failed driving test 13:22 - Jun 12 with 7488 viewstown8710

Failed me driving test today (due to another driver ) so nerve racking. Any one else in the same boat?? Any examiners or instructors got any advice for nerves on the day as my driving is really good on lessons.
Failed driving test on 15:06 - Jun 12 with 995 viewsclive_baker

If you're in a boat, that might explain where you're going wrong.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Failed driving test on 15:24 - Jun 12 with 965 viewsBasuco

If you can get out and just drive with someone and get some hours of general driving in that would not only add to your confidence but also give an air of you just driving with ease to the examiner. It would also mean that you do not have to think about what you are doing so much and just drive naturally. Of course there is so much more to think about to pass the test than I did 40 years ago. I had 10 X 1 hour lessons and passed 1st time, but so much went wrong on my test that today I would have failed miserably. Basicly I trapped the examiners foot under the duel clutch after 2 minutes, with him screaming in agony and me pushing harder as the car was nearly stalling, I then put the rear wheel on the kerb as I went round a sharp corner I went to pieces and it went down hill from there, but somehow passed.
Failed driving test on 15:27 - Jun 12 with 957 viewsSpruceMoose

Another driver eh?

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/police-attend-car-crash-into-pc-world-bury-st

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Failed driving test on 15:30 - Jun 12 with 958 viewsbluelagos

Failed driving test on 14:31 - Jun 12 by Binner

Rather than blame "another driver" you would be better off accepting that you made a mistake or mistakes.

Acknowledging your mistakes is the first step to putting them right and putting them right is the way to, eventually, pass your test.

This, times a 100. Not easy, especially when egos get in the way, but no one ever learns by denying they made an error.

Dont beat yourself for making a mistake, but equally try and learn from it. Same goes for when you drive after your test.

Good luck. As for nerves, you can do some relaxation exercises (same for job interviews) 5 mns before, to calm yourselve.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Failed driving test on 15:46 - Jun 12 with 944 viewsPinewoodblue

Failed driving test on 15:30 - Jun 12 by bluelagos

This, times a 100. Not easy, especially when egos get in the way, but no one ever learns by denying they made an error.

Dont beat yourself for making a mistake, but equally try and learn from it. Same goes for when you drive after your test.

Good luck. As for nerves, you can do some relaxation exercises (same for job interviews) 5 mns before, to calm yourselve.

Remember idiots can pass the driving test, there are enough examples on the road every day.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Failed driving test on 16:06 - Jun 12 with 930 viewsgainsboroughblue

Third time for me.

I was so relaxed on my third attempt. Examiner and I were having a proper chinwag which I didn't think at the time was particularly allowed, but it helped.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Failed driving test on 16:17 - Jun 12 with 922 viewsMeadowlark

Failed driving test on 13:51 - Jun 12 by SitfcB

I think it’s an element of luck, like you say someone else caused you to fail.

What did you fail on exactly? And did you have any other minors?

I hate tests and on my test I was proper nervous, I got lucky that my instructor took me on a couple of the test routes and it ended up being on one of those routes.

I was only out 35 mins.

Got three minors, one for going to fast and two for observation. That was only back in February.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 14:15]

Where exactly is fast and why did you go there?
Failed driving test on 17:24 - Jun 12 with 879 viewstown8710

Failed driving test on 16:17 - Jun 12 by Meadowlark

Where exactly is fast and why did you go there?

Thanks guys i left it late in life 32 to drive but after living in london for uni and staying there a while then the wife drives i put it of. Ill get it next time
Login to get fewer ads

Failed driving test on 17:29 - Jun 12 with 874 viewsjeera

Failed driving test on 16:06 - Jun 12 by gainsboroughblue

Third time for me.

I was so relaxed on my third attempt. Examiner and I were having a proper chinwag which I didn't think at the time was particularly allowed, but it helped.

Dunno if it would still be helpful today, but my instructor told me not to be afraid of making myself vocal if I made a mistake.

I.e. let the examiner know your error has not escaped your attention and it's not something you would normally allow to happen.

Tut loudly, that kind of thing.

It was drummed in to exaggerate everything on the test anyway, all movements such as mirror checking, (so moving your head instead of just your eyes), make sure he/she knows what you are doing at all times.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 17:34]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Failed driving test on 17:44 - Jun 12 with 861 viewsclive_baker

Firstly, don't worry about it. It's only a driving test and you can put in for it again. The buzz of passing will be greater now, look at the positives.

One thing I would ask yourself is do you feel ready to pass? Like actually, deep down, are you? If you had to jump into a car now with nobody next to you, head 30 minutes down the road into a town to collect something and come home, do you think you're ready? Sounds a little silly but I failed 1st time and my dad asked me that, which I had to admit probably not. My instructor put me in for it after 12 hours of lessons and I wasn't ready. You'll still be nervous the 1st time you drive on your own of course, but being nervous and not feeling ready or safe are different things. The fact you got only 4 minors suggests the answer might well be yes, in which case take that confidence into your next one. Book it up ASAP so it's in the diary and drive as much as you can between now and then.

On the day just remember to drive as if there's nobody assessing you. Strike up a conversation on the way from the office to the car if you can, and when you do the under the bonnet bit (if that's still a thing), just to ease the pressure a bit. Take your time with everything etc.

You can also take some comfort from knowing that if you do fail, we're probably only 10 years away from jumping in a car, putting the postcode in the satnav and it driving itself to your destination anyway :)

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Failed driving test on 20:09 - Jun 12 with 824 viewstown8710

Failed driving test on 17:44 - Jun 12 by clive_baker

Firstly, don't worry about it. It's only a driving test and you can put in for it again. The buzz of passing will be greater now, look at the positives.

One thing I would ask yourself is do you feel ready to pass? Like actually, deep down, are you? If you had to jump into a car now with nobody next to you, head 30 minutes down the road into a town to collect something and come home, do you think you're ready? Sounds a little silly but I failed 1st time and my dad asked me that, which I had to admit probably not. My instructor put me in for it after 12 hours of lessons and I wasn't ready. You'll still be nervous the 1st time you drive on your own of course, but being nervous and not feeling ready or safe are different things. The fact you got only 4 minors suggests the answer might well be yes, in which case take that confidence into your next one. Book it up ASAP so it's in the diary and drive as much as you can between now and then.

On the day just remember to drive as if there's nobody assessing you. Strike up a conversation on the way from the office to the car if you can, and when you do the under the bonnet bit (if that's still a thing), just to ease the pressure a bit. Take your time with everything etc.

You can also take some comfort from knowing that if you do fail, we're probably only 10 years away from jumping in a car, putting the postcode in the satnav and it driving itself to your destination anyway :)

Feel 100% ready just bloody nerves on the day but i will get there
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024