Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In Brexit heartland, an Essex count 22:02 - May 26 with 4406 viewsbluelagos

Brexit party took about 50% of the vote (mate at the count)...

Make of that what you will.
[Post edited 26 May 2019 22:03]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

In Brexit heartland, an Essex count on 08:40 - May 27 with 676 viewsbluelagos

In Brexit heartland, an Essex count on 08:31 - May 27 by GlasgowBlue

The point of politics is not to figure out what’s popular and make it your policy.

And how does Labour solve this problem?

There are no good outcomes for either th Tories or Labour with regards to Brexit. Their voters are as split as the country.

I doubt we’ll see either of the two main parties win a majority in the next ten years.

They cant solve it can they! Their fence sitting was rejected by many voters last night, but we all know general elections are different due to fptp.

Fiik how it plays out. A brexit deal, I think the tories walk an election. No brexit deal, every chance for Labour.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

In Brexit heartland, an Essex count on 08:49 - May 27 with 657 viewstractordownsouth

In Brexit heartland, an Essex count on 00:21 - May 27 by Lord_Lucan

You are also assuming that all the Lib Dem and Green vote are remainers.

It's likely that all the extra support they have received are remainers and it is probable that the majority of their existing vote are but not all of them.

The more I am watching this I wonder why I have bothered, I don't think you can take anything from tonight, except that nothing has changed. Well that's not strictly true I suppose, it is clear (as Glasgow alluded to earlier) that the two main parties have been hammered by people who are disgusted with their actions and performance since the referendum.

Lib Dem voters are obviously all remainers

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

In Brexit heartland, an Essex count on 08:50 - May 27 with 655 viewsGlasgowBlue

In Brexit heartland, an Essex count on 08:40 - May 27 by bluelagos

They cant solve it can they! Their fence sitting was rejected by many voters last night, but we all know general elections are different due to fptp.

Fiik how it plays out. A brexit deal, I think the tories walk an election. No brexit deal, every chance for Labour.

If they come out for remain then they lose Wales, Large parts of the Midlands and the North East. If they were more honest about their current position (leave with a deal) then they lose London and large parts of the south. If they attempt to ride two horses again then the lose all of the above.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

In Brexit heartland, an Essex count on 09:15 - May 27 with 626 viewsLord_Lucan

In Brexit heartland, an Essex count on 08:49 - May 27 by tractordownsouth

Lib Dem voters are obviously all remainers

The new Lib Dem vote obviously were, as was the new Green vote - but the traditional Lib Dem and Green vote would not have been 100% remain as they would have included traditional tunnel vision party voters who always vote for them no matter what.

You can assume that the vast majority of Lib Dems and Greens are remainers and you can rightfully assume what every UKIP, Brexit and Change UK voter wants to do but to say that you know what every voter wants is ignorant.

I can't see how this Euro vote clarifies anything, we are still in the same cr4ppy situation as we were yesterday and the groovy gangs on here will all continue to spout the same bias crappy posts as yesterday.

Brexiters will continue to astound with their lack of thought, atrocious spelling and grammar. Remainers will continue to google soundbites and gang up on anyone who doesn't agree with them. No one will be prepared to even consider that there are positives and negatives from both leave and remain and we will continue to witness the same old runaround between the same old posters.

Both sides will claim a victory that isn't there and the SpruceMoose show and pals will make the board unreadable as per every other fecking day.

Tedious is hardly the word, it's a cringe fest.

You're welcome to it.
[Post edited 27 May 2019 9:19]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

In Brexit heartland, an Essex count on 09:20 - May 27 with 610 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

In Brexit heartland, an Essex count on 08:50 - May 27 by GlasgowBlue

If they come out for remain then they lose Wales, Large parts of the Midlands and the North East. If they were more honest about their current position (leave with a deal) then they lose London and large parts of the south. If they attempt to ride two horses again then the lose all of the above.

Only if you believe the EU would determine people's general election votes....it wouldn't!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

In Brexit heartland, an Essex count on 09:21 - May 27 with 604 viewsStokieBlue

In Brexit heartland, an Essex count on 08:31 - May 27 by GlasgowBlue

The point of politics is not to figure out what’s popular and make it your policy.

And how does Labour solve this problem?

There are no good outcomes for either th Tories or Labour with regards to Brexit. Their voters are as split as the country.

I doubt we’ll see either of the two main parties win a majority in the next ten years.

Given the huge move to the Lib Dems it shows voters do forgive parties.

Given that, Labour would be best to assist the Tories in getting brexit done before the next election and then campaign on other stuff and essentially ignore it as it's done. They could then try and say they were getting it done for the good of the country.

There doesn't seem to be an easy way for them to win both the seats you highlighted at the moment.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

In Brexit heartland, an Essex count on 09:24 - May 27 with 593 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

In Brexit heartland, an Essex count on 09:15 - May 27 by Lord_Lucan

The new Lib Dem vote obviously were, as was the new Green vote - but the traditional Lib Dem and Green vote would not have been 100% remain as they would have included traditional tunnel vision party voters who always vote for them no matter what.

You can assume that the vast majority of Lib Dems and Greens are remainers and you can rightfully assume what every UKIP, Brexit and Change UK voter wants to do but to say that you know what every voter wants is ignorant.

I can't see how this Euro vote clarifies anything, we are still in the same cr4ppy situation as we were yesterday and the groovy gangs on here will all continue to spout the same bias crappy posts as yesterday.

Brexiters will continue to astound with their lack of thought, atrocious spelling and grammar. Remainers will continue to google soundbites and gang up on anyone who doesn't agree with them. No one will be prepared to even consider that there are positives and negatives from both leave and remain and we will continue to witness the same old runaround between the same old posters.

Both sides will claim a victory that isn't there and the SpruceMoose show and pals will make the board unreadable as per every other fecking day.

Tedious is hardly the word, it's a cringe fest.

You're welcome to it.
[Post edited 27 May 2019 9:19]

I’d up this 1 million times if I could

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

In Brexit heartland, an Essex count on 09:28 - May 27 with 578 viewsbournemouthblue

In Brexit heartland, an Essex count on 22:55 - May 26 by StokieBlue

The results for the East of England are interesting.

Labour 5th behind the Tories. Brexit = (Labour + Tories) * 2 and also more than Lib Dems + Green + Change.

SB

The East is very Conservative, I'm surprised the Brexit Party aren't higher

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

In Brexit heartland, an Essex count on 09:30 - May 27 with 571 viewsGlasgowBlue

In Brexit heartland, an Essex count on 09:20 - May 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

Only if you believe the EU would determine people's general election votes....it wouldn't!

The last election wasn’t Bout zbrexit. The next one will be.

It’s also arrogant if the two main parties to think people will switch back from LibDems/Green to Labour and Brexit Party to Tory*

*obviously some Labour voted BP and some Tories voted LD/G

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

In Brexit heartland, an Essex count on 09:41 - May 27 with 553 viewsPinewoodblue

In Brexit heartland, an Essex count on 09:30 - May 27 by GlasgowBlue

The last election wasn’t Bout zbrexit. The next one will be.

It’s also arrogant if the two main parties to think people will switch back from LibDems/Green to Labour and Brexit Party to Tory*

*obviously some Labour voted BP and some Tories voted LD/G

If you are right and the next election is all about Brexit the number of Siting MPs deselected is going to be in three figures. If you live in Ipswich and were pro-Brexit would you vote Labour?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024