Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? 18:01 - May 24 with 7034 viewspickles110564

When BOJO becomes Prime minister he might call for a GE which would mean Sourface, Chukka and the rest will lose their seats.

I would stay up all night just to see their faces when they lose.
Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 22:53 - May 25 with 1714 viewsJ2BLUE

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 19:38 - May 25 by GlasgowBlue

The British public: "Our politics is broken. The Tories are moving further to the right, Labour are moving to the left and the Lib Dems are useless. What we need is a centrist party"

CHUK is formed. The British Public shrugs their collective shoulders.

What have they actually done rather than flounce off and start a new party? Do you think they will be around in 5 years time?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 23:11 - May 25 with 1701 viewsClapham_Junction

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 19:44 - May 25 by m14_blue

This.

I’m not sure why they haven’t gained at least some traction, although I am struggling to see what they are offering that is substantially different to the LD’s.

Vote and join the Lib Dem’s sensible people of Britain, they’re our only hope!

I think their main problem is the people that led the formation of the party

Someone who still has unanswered questions about why they pulled out of a leadership election because they didn't want scrutiny of their personal life; another who is the epitome of a politician parachuted into a safe seat despite having no idea about the area; one whose claim to fame is featuring in an exposé of foreign money in politics, and another who cried crocodile tears over the impact of welfare reforms despite voting most of them through.

Perhaps if a new party had been people outside of politics it could have been quite different. As it stands, I feel quite bad for honourable people like Gavin Esler who seem to have tied their colours to a sinking ship.
Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 07:30 - May 26 with 1651 viewsballycastle

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 20:36 - May 25 by Darth_Koont

Nothing is moving to the left, believe me.

It's an utter sh!tshow.

Are you for real? You believe hand on heart that Labour are not and have not moved to a more left wing position?

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 07:51 - May 26 with 1647 viewsWeWereZombies

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 07:30 - May 26 by ballycastle

Are you for real? You believe hand on heart that Labour are not and have not moved to a more left wing position?

Is a more authoritarian position a move to the left?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 09:34 - May 26 with 1622 viewsballycastle

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 07:51 - May 26 by WeWereZombies

Is a more authoritarian position a move to the left?

You had better ask Momentum or perhaps John 'little red book' McDonald.
Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 09:46 - May 26 with 1614 viewsDarth_Koont

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 07:30 - May 26 by ballycastle

It's all relative. "Left-wing" for the UK is still a fairly centre-left position elsewhere.

I'm just trying to stem the belief that Labour are bolshevik revolutionaries rather than a slightly more committed version of the LibDems.

Pronouns: He/Him

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 09:48 - May 26 with 1610 viewsWeWereZombies

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 09:34 - May 26 by ballycastle

You had better ask Momentum or perhaps John 'little red book' McDonald.

No, I am asking you so that I can assess what you think left is.

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 11:48 - May 26 with 1569 viewsballycastle

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 09:48 - May 26 by WeWereZombies

No, I am asking you so that I can assess what you think left is.

How about the extreme left that represents the labour party as mentioned?
Login to get fewer ads

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 11:50 - May 26 with 1562 viewsDarth_Koont

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 11:48 - May 26 by ballycastle

What are their “extreme left” policies?

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 11:51 - May 26 with 1558 viewsballycastle

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 11:50 - May 26 by Darth_Koont

What are their “extreme left” policies?

You tell me as you vote for them.
Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 11:52 - May 26 with 1555 viewsWeWereZombies

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 11:48 - May 26 by ballycastle

Who I see as right wing because they are authoritarian.

Does that make me a liberal?

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 11:55 - May 26 with 1544 viewsballycastle

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 11:52 - May 26 by WeWereZombies

Who I see as right wing because they are authoritarian.

Does that make me a liberal?

You seriously believe that the authoritarian left does not exist?
Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 12:07 - May 26 with 1518 viewsWeWereZombies

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 11:55 - May 26 by ballycastle

You seriously believe that the authoritarian left does not exist?

I have no doubt that authoritarianism exists. I see it as the result of insecurity and mistaken beliefs about how change can be brought about. That is the essence of right wing thought.

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 12:17 - May 26 with 1500 viewsballycastle

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 12:07 - May 26 by WeWereZombies

I have no doubt that authoritarianism exists. I see it as the result of insecurity and mistaken beliefs about how change can be brought about. That is the essence of right wing thought.

You seem to be missing the left side of that statement
Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 12:34 - May 26 with 1484 viewsDarth_Koont

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 11:51 - May 26 by ballycastle

No. You’re the one who has decided they’re extreme left. But apparently you don’t know why.

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 12:37 - May 26 with 1478 viewsballycastle

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 12:34 - May 26 by Darth_Koont

No. You’re the one who has decided they’re extreme left. But apparently you don’t know why.

Using Mao's little red book at PMQ's is enough, perhaps add institutional anti Semitism into the mix, although you are a sand head on this matter, I'm off, bye now extremists.
Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 12:44 - May 26 with 1473 viewsDarth_Koont

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 12:37 - May 26 by ballycastle

Using Mao's little red book at PMQ's is enough, perhaps add institutional anti Semitism into the mix, although you are a sand head on this matter, I'm off, bye now extremists.

Thought so.

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 13:02 - May 26 with 1453 viewsClapham_Junction

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 12:37 - May 26 by ballycastle

Mao's little red book was referenced as a joke concerning the Tories selling state assets to the Chinese. And it wasn't at PMQs either.
Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 13:05 - May 26 with 1445 viewsjeera

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 14:04 - May 26 with 1417 viewsSpruceMoose

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 11:51 - May 26 by ballycastle

I see you baby. A flounderin' and a swervin'! You've bitten off more than you can chew here

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 23:04 - May 26 with 1305 viewsWeWereZombies

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 12:17 - May 26 by ballycastle

You seem to be missing the left side of that statement

All I am doing is asking you to focus on the behaviour of Momentum and Corbyn's cronies, it is not the well meaning and open minded manners of those genuinely concerned for all of those who are disadvantaged by the current social order. Add to that the economic analysis that their policies are to the right of those employed by Major's government. But underhand techniques in the Labour party are nothing new, the practices of Campbell and Mandelson did at least give us 'The Thick of It'.

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 23:37 - May 26 with 1274 viewsClapham_Junction

It seems the main impact Change UK has had has been to prevent the Lib Dems winning seats in a few places...
Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 23:57 - May 26 with 1252 viewsKievthegreat

Will the Change UK party be the shortest lived political group ever? on 23:37 - May 26 by Clapham_Junction

It seems the main impact Change UK has had has been to prevent the Lib Dems winning seats in a few places...

Yep. Wales, NE and West Midlands. Would have been -1 BP, -1 Tory and -1 Lab if even half of their poultry 2-4% voted Lib Dem.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024