Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
11 new grounds for me in the league next season 08:17 - May 17 with 4683 viewsitfcjoe

How does everyone else stack up?

EDIT - For anyone interested:

AFC Wimbledon
Bolton
Bristol Rovers
Bury
Fleetwood Town
Oxford
Portsmouth
Rochdale
Shrewsbury Town
Wycombe
Tranmere/Forest Green

Hopefully the fixture computer is kind to me, a shame my boys aren't a few years older as would have made it easier to get to more with them as that is a lot of day-passes to get!
[Post edited 17 May 2019 8:23]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 11:05 - May 17 with 1121 viewsxrayspecs

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 10:56 - May 17 by Freddies_Ears

I was advised that, once you get to the last half dozen or so, you really go for it. Too true - daytrips from Ipswich to see EFL Trophy group games at Morecambe and Accrington featured in my last 6.

Finishing at a good, old-fashioned lower league ground is surely a must. Bury fitted the bill nicely (I did miss Town's game that day, away to Burton, I think).

Very true.

My final few this season included Fleetwood, Preston Wigan and Macclesfield. I finished at Morecambe. Two days later, Spurs got permission to play in their new stadium, so I went back to 91. So I completed the 92 twice last season as I managed to get tickets for the Spurs - Man C CL tie. Spurs was my dads team and I lived near the ground for a couple of years when I was a student so it had a nice family connection.

Strictly speaking I am back to 91 again as Salford are now in the football league. I have been to Orient.

Next season Brentford and AFC Wimbledon are due to move to new grounds so a couple more to visit.
11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 11:06 - May 17 with 1122 viewsLesta_Tractor

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 11:01 - May 17 by bournemouthblue

I suspect the positives out weigh the negatives with that one :)

Only if I steer clear of the A League!

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 11:07 - May 17 with 1121 viewsChocorange

12/13 for me.

Coventry
Blackpool
Fleetwood
Oxford
Gillingham
Bristol Rovers
Rochdale
Wycombe
Shrewsbury
Southend
Wimbledon
Bury
Newport ( if promoted)

And an extra possible 5 for my kids
Pompey
Donny
Lincoln
Charlton ( if not prom)
Tranmere ( if promoted)
11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 12:19 - May 17 with 1084 viewsBiGDonnie

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 10:56 - May 17 by Freddies_Ears

I was advised that, once you get to the last half dozen or so, you really go for it. Too true - daytrips from Ipswich to see EFL Trophy group games at Morecambe and Accrington featured in my last 6.

Finishing at a good, old-fashioned lower league ground is surely a must. Bury fitted the bill nicely (I did miss Town's game that day, away to Burton, I think).

It only counts if you see Town at the ground, no?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 12:27 - May 17 with 1070 viewsSuperblue95

20. 21 if Coventry aren’t at the Ricoh. Unlikely I will get to any of them though

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 12:43 - May 17 with 1058 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 10:28 - May 17 by xrayspecs

Completed the 92 last season but looking forward to re-visiting quite a few of these.

A tie against Salford would be a bonus as it is the only ground in the 92 next season that I have not attended.

Have you managed Spurs new ground yet? Looks incredible!

May see if I can go and watch them batter our friends up the A140 next year.

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 13:04 - May 17 with 1029 viewsxrayspecs

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 12:43 - May 17 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

Have you managed Spurs new ground yet? Looks incredible!

May see if I can go and watch them batter our friends up the A140 next year.

It is on another level to any I have visited. It has been designed with the fan in mind. You are close to the pitch, great sightlines, really good bars and food, and the home end created a brilliant atmosphere for the game I attended. They have spent a lot of money on it and it shows.
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:17 - May 17 with 1023 viewsrunaround

10 for me, 11 if Newport win play offs
[Post edited 17 May 2019 13:27]
Login to get fewer ads

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 13:20 - May 17 with 1017 viewschicoazul

Mght be hard work to get in a few grounds next year, some of them may only have 4/500 away fan spaces.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 13:53 - May 17 with 984 viewsxrayspecs

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 13:20 - May 17 by chicoazul

Mght be hard work to get in a few grounds next year, some of them may only have 4/500 away fan spaces.

Only Wimbledon, the rest are a minimum of1000 and most can increase allocation if needed.

Only likely to be an issue for local games and/or if we are toward top of the table and travel in big numbers.
11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 17:06 - May 17 with 948 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 10:48 - May 17 by xrayspecs

I started in 1981 so have paced myself! Including grounds that no longer exist, i have visited 107 league grounds in total.

Visited about 40 in last three seasons. Helps that I travel a lot with work so have combined client visits with evening games. Also spent more time in recent seasons watching lower level football than following Town.

Once you get to the stage of only needing a small number to complete the set then it becomes a challenge to visit the remainder.

Have really enjoyed visiting L1 and L2 grounds. Proper football grounds.
[Post edited 17 May 2019 10:58]

Sorry mate, I thought you meant that you did them all last season :)
I’m the same as you, I would rather go to Accrington than I would the ethiad or emerites. Hoping I will be able to tick a few new ones of this season as well.
Can not wait to get going now, could be a fun season
11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 18:02 - May 17 with 927 viewsunstableblue

Great thread Joe. Below my grounds score, * for planned visits this season if fixture list comes up trumps.

Hoping Charlton and Sunderland stay down.

Been to already:
AFC Wimbeldon
Blackpool
Bolton
Portsmouth
Southend

New this season:
Accrington Stanley
Bristol Rovers*
Burton Albion*
Bury
Coventry*
Fleetwood Town
Gillingham*
MK Dons*
Lincoln
Oxford
Peterborough
Rochdale
Rotherham
Shreswbury
Wycombe

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 21:09 - May 17 with 898 viewsNorthstander_Blue

9 for me

Poll: Would you be happy to sign Daryl Murphy?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024