Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My ten pence on our situation 14:39 - Apr 20 with 3594 viewsNfinley13

So after months of quietly sitting on the sidelines reading many positive and negative comments from many fans, I have finally reached a boiling point and need to speak my mind.

so I started the season full of optimism of a new manager new set up and a new era, we all hoped Hurst would bring that football we had yearned for. I accept Hurst was sacked for our poor start however I do feel he could have used the winter transfer to maybe help his cause then make a decision after that. But Evans made a choice and brought in Lambert which I quickly got behind as there is no point dwelling on what could have been.

I will admit I found it hard to read comments near the end of Hursts time with so much negativity coming from his reign that I opted to join the facebook group, Blue Heaven and at first it was a breath of fresh air not having to read negativity every week, but Hurst was sacked soon after joining and what had been an escape from negativity came the absolute delusion of the admin's worshipping of Hurst which I felt very irritating how someone could be so supportive of one manager and complete opposite of the next.

Now I fully believe Lambert is the right man to take us forward in LG 1 but it will depend on what happens in preseason. Will he be able to do business and get the players we so desperately need in or will we struggle to get transfers over the line and suffer once again. I remain hopeful that we can only go up from here, have our phoenix rising and rise from the ashes of what creped hole we have found ourselves in.

sorry for the long post but I needed to get this off my chest
My ten pence on our situation on 15:37 - Apr 20 with 3468 viewspeterleeblue

Why do you believe Lambert is the right man to take us forward?
The Summer will not be a quick fix. Maybe an experienced schemer or two one of which needs to be able to score goals at the new level. By and large it will be what we already have.
Under Lambert we are hoping that our current set of failures will find their level next season which ideally is Top 6.
I see no other plan other than that.
Ipswich need some certainties like an existing experienced league 1 manager doing a great job already with limited resources but knows where the great value is. I am not sure PL can deliver that. Can we afford to wait until October to find our?
My ten pence on our situation on 15:44 - Apr 20 with 3442 viewsNfinley13

My ten pence on our situation on 15:37 - Apr 20 by peterleeblue

Why do you believe Lambert is the right man to take us forward?
The Summer will not be a quick fix. Maybe an experienced schemer or two one of which needs to be able to score goals at the new level. By and large it will be what we already have.
Under Lambert we are hoping that our current set of failures will find their level next season which ideally is Top 6.
I see no other plan other than that.
Ipswich need some certainties like an existing experienced league 1 manager doing a great job already with limited resources but knows where the great value is. I am not sure PL can deliver that. Can we afford to wait until October to find our?

I never said it would be a quick fix, but if we can get the right people in then our team isn't far off league 1 standard. hell some of those players we bought at the start of the season are unfortunately starting to find their feet as championship players just a little too late
My ten pence on our situation on 18:35 - Apr 20 with 3238 viewsbackwaywhen

My ten pence on our situation on 15:44 - Apr 20 by Nfinley13

I never said it would be a quick fix, but if we can get the right people in then our team isn't far off league 1 standard. hell some of those players we bought at the start of the season are unfortunately starting to find their feet as championship players just a little too late

He needs to make it up with Culverhouse and bring him back alongside him , he was the tactician behind his success at Nodge !
My ten pence on our situation on 16:45 - Apr 21 with 2856 viewsFrimleyBlue

My ten pence on our situation on 18:35 - Apr 20 by backwaywhen

He needs to make it up with Culverhouse and bring him back alongside him , he was the tactician behind his success at Nodge !

When asked why he was so successful at Norwich in league one.

Lambert said " I had a championship squad in league 1"

For me. I agree with Lambert that was the main reason.

I don't actually think Lambert will take us back up. But I think he will be the right manager to build a foundation to which someone else can then be successful.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

"Our team isn't far off league 1 standard"..... on 16:50 - Apr 21 with 2837 viewsBloots

My ten pence on our situation on 15:44 - Apr 20 by Nfinley13

.....what a time to be alive.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

My ten pence on our situation on 16:59 - Apr 21 with 2816 viewsbackwaywhen

My ten pence on our situation on 16:45 - Apr 21 by FrimleyBlue

When asked why he was so successful at Norwich in league one.

Lambert said " I had a championship squad in league 1"

For me. I agree with Lambert that was the main reason.

I don't actually think Lambert will take us back up. But I think he will be the right manager to build a foundation to which someone else can then be successful.

What would you expect him to say .... he actually had some league one signings in that squad , Holt , Russell Martin , Elliot Bennet , Ryan Bennett .... It was definitely the Culverhouse factor that made it successful.
My ten pence on our situation on 17:24 - Apr 21 with 2772 views66notout

My ten pence on our situation on 16:59 - Apr 21 by backwaywhen

What would you expect him to say .... he actually had some league one signings in that squad , Holt , Russell Martin , Elliot Bennet , Ryan Bennett .... It was definitely the Culverhouse factor that made it successful.

Do you have even a shred of evidence to back up that view?
My ten pence on our situation on 18:13 - Apr 21 with 2718 viewsbackwaywhen

My ten pence on our situation on 17:24 - Apr 21 by 66notout

Do you have even a shred of evidence to back up that view?

Culverhouse was the one that put the jigsaw together on the pitch ... no coincidence that Lambert has been getting it wrong here , one up front for starters ... no tactical nouse !.
Just ask any Nodge fan , as soon as Culverhouse was sacked by Villa Lambert lost it , and has so since .
Time will tell if this is a correct assessment of his worth.
Login to get fewer ads

My ten pence on our situation on 18:18 - Apr 21 with 2711 views66notout

My ten pence on our situation on 18:13 - Apr 21 by backwaywhen

Culverhouse was the one that put the jigsaw together on the pitch ... no coincidence that Lambert has been getting it wrong here , one up front for starters ... no tactical nouse !.
Just ask any Nodge fan , as soon as Culverhouse was sacked by Villa Lambert lost it , and has so since .

Thank you for that. I have serious doubts as to whether can succeed here and was unaware that Culverhouse was so instrumental in his success at Norwich. Good insight and it seems abundantly clear that we don’t have our own Culverhouse.
My ten pence on our situation on 18:36 - Apr 21 with 2675 viewsMoisha

My ten pence on our situation on 18:18 - Apr 21 by 66notout

Thank you for that. I have serious doubts as to whether can succeed here and was unaware that Culverhouse was so instrumental in his success at Norwich. Good insight and it seems abundantly clear that we don’t have our own Culverhouse.

What gets me is though, if Culverhouse was so instrumental in all things good for Narwich and Lambert why isn't he pulling up trees somewhere else....

I guess he's just better as a number 2 but even then you'd expect him to be a lot higher than Kings Lynn.
My ten pence on our situation on 18:41 - Apr 21 with 2663 viewsgazzer1999

Lets be honest Lambert was no much of a success at Villa, even with funding. Ever since he left Norwich his career has been in decline.
I think here he has said the right things and reconnected with the supporters, something this club has lacked since Sheepy was here. We just need to get lucky a bit, hope our youngsters that have been ripping it up in the under 23 league come good and who knows. None of us expected relegation at the start of the season and lets be honest no Norwich fan expected promotion, so who knows we will have to wait and hope.
My ten pence on our situation on 19:02 - Apr 21 with 2620 viewssparks

Have you noticed just how many sides play one up front now?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

My ten pence on our situation on 20:41 - Apr 21 with 2492 viewsbackwaywhen

My ten pence on our situation on 19:02 - Apr 21 by sparks

Have you noticed just how many sides play one up front now?

But it doesn’t work for him with the choice of players he has to choose from ... I guess with his old mucked to guide him he would set up differently.. . That is the way they had their success at Nodge , how does that song go .... I get bye with a little help from my friends !.
My ten pence on our situation on 23:04 - Apr 21 with 2353 viewsSteve_D

Lambert speaks well but can't deliver , nip up to Scotland quickly kidnap Steve Clarke , we may , just may survive league 1. , right now we are closer to non league than the hallowed turf of the premiership .
My ten pence on our situation on 11:11 - Apr 22 with 2148 viewsvapour_trail

My ten pence on our situation on 18:41 - Apr 21 by gazzer1999

Lets be honest Lambert was no much of a success at Villa, even with funding. Ever since he left Norwich his career has been in decline.
I think here he has said the right things and reconnected with the supporters, something this club has lacked since Sheepy was here. We just need to get lucky a bit, hope our youngsters that have been ripping it up in the under 23 league come good and who knows. None of us expected relegation at the start of the season and lets be honest no Norwich fan expected promotion, so who knows we will have to wait and hope.

None of us expected relegation at the start of the season?

You’re joking right? Following the change in manager, the exodus of all of our goal scorers from last year and a bunch of replacements from the lower leagues. We were 3-1 at the bookies to go down I think.

Relegation was always a very real prospect this year.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

My ten pence on our situation on 11:31 - Apr 22 with 2078 viewsPJH

My ten pence on our situation on 11:11 - Apr 22 by vapour_trail

None of us expected relegation at the start of the season?

You’re joking right? Following the change in manager, the exodus of all of our goal scorers from last year and a bunch of replacements from the lower leagues. We were 3-1 at the bookies to go down I think.

Relegation was always a very real prospect this year.

It was no surprise to me.

I said in a PM to someone on here in July that for the first time ever I was going into a season fearing relegation and that was BEFORE we lost Waggy and Garner.

In retrospect either Waggy or Garner might have kept us up, just.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024