Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! 13:04 - Apr 17 with 25371 viewsStewards_Enquiry

Why do the tabloids and radio stations keep saying Ipswich got what they deserved for getting rid of over achiever MM ?

Do they not look at the Stats ? last 21 Games in charge hailed 15 points, yes we were safe but that and his gesture at Norwich away to our Fans should have seen him sacked there and then !

Nobody is happy with relegation and none (well not many) saw it coming ! It has, we move on, the club is bigger than any manager!

COYB

Poll: ARE YOU GOING TO CANCEL YOU DIRECT DEBIT TOMORROW ?

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 14:06 - Apr 17 with 4795 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:31 - Apr 17 by No9

The 'horror show' as you put it has been around for some time & I am realistc rather than obsessed.
I was able to see the decline in on field performances & can't understand why you could not. 2016 /17 showed things were not good. Last season things looken ominous.

I can;t see how any FB manager that can't do much better than average circa 1.5 point a game can be considered to be a good FB manager.

Relegation has been on the cards since 2015

We obviously have differnt standards

Yes, moving up the league table last year and finishing in the top half definitely looked ominous

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 14:07 - Apr 17 with 4793 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:07 - Apr 17 by footers

Starting another MM thread may lead to more people speaking about MM.

Just FYI.

Who? Malcom McClaren?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 14:20 - Apr 17 with 4768 viewsBlueBadger

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:20 - Apr 17 by No9

You were OK with crap football & a point a game?

I was aware MM wasn't very ambitious but thought Town supporters were?

It's better than crap football and less than a point a game.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 14:28 - Apr 17 with 4758 viewsRyorry

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 14:06 - Apr 17 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Yes, moving up the league table last year and finishing in the top half definitely looked ominous

I don't see the point in continuing to argue about it tbh. People are obviously different and it's therefore natural that they want different things out of the leisure activities they spend money on.

The two main camps who disagree on this (and have done for months, if not years) are clearly never going to agree, so best save the time on that & put it into supporting the Town & our current manager as they are now & in future. Our last 2 managers are just history.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 14:50 - Apr 17 with 4735 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 14:28 - Apr 17 by Ryorry

I don't see the point in continuing to argue about it tbh. People are obviously different and it's therefore natural that they want different things out of the leisure activities they spend money on.

The two main camps who disagree on this (and have done for months, if not years) are clearly never going to agree, so best save the time on that & put it into supporting the Town & our current manager as they are now & in future. Our last 2 managers are just history.

Completely agree different people want different things and there were of course plenty of valid reasons to want a change of manager - things had gone stale under Mick and it was worth the gamble IMO

That doesn’t mean I won’t point out where people are completely making things up of course - such as the notion that we were on our way to relegation under Mick anyway, which some posters still seem insistent on pushing

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 15:50 - Apr 17 with 4704 viewsBlueBadger

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:24 - Apr 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agreed.

I've also noticed the media saying the Ipswich fans seem to think promotion from League 1 will be easy...

...thats the stick they will use to beat us with next season. Even though most people arent of that opinion. Yes, most fans think we will be more competitive, but most dont think we are a dead cert for promotion.

In all fairness, if they've been reading here, then they might come to that conclusion...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 16:24 - Apr 17 with 4675 viewsWonky

People are reflecting now we're down so MM will come into it, expect it to die away properly now.
Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 16:26 - Apr 17 with 4671 viewsNo9

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 14:28 - Apr 17 by Ryorry

We should not try to hide the fact that Town haven't had a decent manager for a very long while.
There is no point in making out things were good when they weren't.

We have to hope ME has learned ( a vVERY expensive lesson ) & will now try to stabilise ITFC to build a better future.

The memories of a decade of bad football will not fade immediately.
Last Saturday the 2nd half raised made us remember what excitement is
Login to get fewer ads

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 16:46 - Apr 17 with 4657 viewsPJH

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 16:26 - Apr 17 by No9

We should not try to hide the fact that Town haven't had a decent manager for a very long while.
There is no point in making out things were good when they weren't.

We have to hope ME has learned ( a vVERY expensive lesson ) & will now try to stabilise ITFC to build a better future.

The memories of a decade of bad football will not fade immediately.
Last Saturday the 2nd half raised made us remember what excitement is

Is that a fact?

Looks a bit like an opinion to me.
Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 17:36 - Apr 17 with 4627 viewsNo9

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 16:46 - Apr 17 by PJH

Is that a fact?

Looks a bit like an opinion to me.

Yes my opinion is that, I hope ME has learned somethign from his expensive mistakes
Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 17:42 - Apr 17 with 4617 viewsPJH

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 17:36 - Apr 17 by No9

Yes my opinion is that, I hope ME has learned somethign from his expensive mistakes

and your opinion is that Town have not had a decent manager for a very long while.
Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 18:12 - Apr 17 with 4601 viewspeterleeblue

To be fair his time up was up after the Lincoln cup match.
Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 18:29 - Apr 17 with 4594 viewslongtimefan

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 18:12 - Apr 17 by peterleeblue

To be fair his time up was up after the Lincoln cup match.

You had better go and tell Sean Dyche that his time at Burnley is up as well then, seeing as they lost to Lincoln in the next round and what with them being a Premier League team
Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 19:55 - Apr 17 with 4556 viewsm14_blue

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 15:50 - Apr 17 by BlueBadger

In all fairness, if they've been reading here, then they might come to that conclusion...

I don’t think that’s true in the least. You seem to be seeing what you expect to see rather than what people have actually said.

If anything, I would imagine they would be surprised by the negativity and realism on here. I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone seriously suggesting it’ll be easy next year.

I suspect we’ll be among the bookies favourites but our fans are being (rightly) cautious from what I’ve seen.
Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 21:01 - Apr 17 with 4532 viewsBinner

OP says "Nobody is happy with relegation and none (well not many) saw it coming!"

As I remember it we were favourites for relegation.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 07:37 - Apr 18 with 4469 viewsHoppersblue10

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:23 - Apr 17 by BlueBadger

For the sake of comparison, Lambert has 14 from his last 21.

Yes I would say we have done much better, if you compare the strikers available to both MM & PL then clearly PL has done a better job with what he has to work with 👍🏻

Poll: Who do you want to win on Sunday?

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 07:46 - Apr 18 with 4449 viewsHerbivore

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 07:37 - Apr 18 by Hoppersblue10

Yes I would say we have done much better, if you compare the strikers available to both MM & PL then clearly PL has done a better job with what he has to work with 👍🏻

Lolz.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 07:47 - Apr 18 with 4449 viewschristiand

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:28 - Apr 17 by Herbivore

He won his last game so not sure where that particular run of form is from. Not sure anyone thinks it was rosy in any case, just not sure why people need to lie about and distort the past to make themselves feel better about the present if they do genuinely believe we're on the verge of a golden era.

The last 21 games of MM's reign(from Wolves away) we amassed a total of 21 points. P21 W5 D6 L10.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 07:49 - Apr 18 with 4443 viewsHerbivore

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 07:47 - Apr 18 by christiand

The last 21 games of MM's reign(from Wolves away) we amassed a total of 21 points. P21 W5 D6 L10.

24 points. The last 21 games start with Reading at home and end with Barnsley at home. Unless you're including the FA Cup game, which can't really be included in a run of games where your focus is on points accrued.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2019 8:06]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 07:51 - Apr 18 with 4442 viewsMullet

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 07:37 - Apr 18 by Hoppersblue10

That's not really true is it?

Campbell was in non-league 2 years after us and making no more than 7 appearances for a club before retiring.

The difference being that Mick crafted a team out of what he had that played to its strengths and got results. Quaner is a Premier League player, whether he's a good one is debatable, but Lambert has had far more resources to work with however you cut it.

Mick was bringing players Moshni off the bench and shoehorning Wellens in to left wing etc. Just doing down that miracle doesn't serve to save Lambert face, it just highlights how good Mick was for us throughout his time here.

It's uncomfortable truth, but again all I see is his critics bringing him to get themselves angry and embarrassed. Sacking him has cost us our championship status, our best players and millions of quid as well as years of progress potentially.

We can have our club back as much as we want, but that will only last so long if we are midtable and show no signs of promotion next season.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 07:56 - Apr 18 with 4425 viewsMullet

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:31 - Apr 17 by No9

The 'horror show' as you put it has been around for some time & I am realistc rather than obsessed.
I was able to see the decline in on field performances & can't understand why you could not. 2016 /17 showed things were not good. Last season things looken ominous.

I can;t see how any FB manager that can't do much better than average circa 1.5 point a game can be considered to be a good FB manager.

Relegation has been on the cards since 2015

We obviously have differnt standards

You were proven wrong about this last time you mentioned it, and now you've tried to shift it to a season where we finished 7th and not 6th as some sort of oracle type insight of "declining performances".

Your standards are generally inconsistent though, same as your bizarre views on Skuse and lack of condemnation for Hurst and Lambert.

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 08:02 - Apr 18 with 4405 viewsHoppersblue10

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 07:51 - Apr 18 by Mullet

That's not really true is it?

Campbell was in non-league 2 years after us and making no more than 7 appearances for a club before retiring.

The difference being that Mick crafted a team out of what he had that played to its strengths and got results. Quaner is a Premier League player, whether he's a good one is debatable, but Lambert has had far more resources to work with however you cut it.

Mick was bringing players Moshni off the bench and shoehorning Wellens in to left wing etc. Just doing down that miracle doesn't serve to save Lambert face, it just highlights how good Mick was for us throughout his time here.

It's uncomfortable truth, but again all I see is his critics bringing him to get themselves angry and embarrassed. Sacking him has cost us our championship status, our best players and millions of quid as well as years of progress potentially.

We can have our club back as much as we want, but that will only last so long if we are midtable and show no signs of promotion next season.

You do make me laugh, not been on here for a while, now I remember why. 😂

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 08:04 - Apr 18 with 4396 viewsfooters

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 08:02 - Apr 18 by Hoppersblue10

Excellent counter-argument.

I make you right .

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 08:05 - Apr 18 with 4385 viewsMullet

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 08:02 - Apr 18 by Hoppersblue10

Who were all these strikers we had back then though?

I'm not being funny but if people keep bringing him up and he was that bad surely the facts speak for themselves?

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 08:09 - Apr 18 with 4368 viewsHoppersblue10

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 08:04 - Apr 18 by footers

Excellent counter-argument.

I make you right .

Not on here for an argument at all.
If anyone really thinks that PL has had “better resources” available to him than MM did last season then I stand corrected 👍🏻

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024