Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it safe to scrutinise Lambert yet? 07:53 - Apr 11 with 7424 viewsgroovyASH

He has failed to turn around our form, his signings have made little impact. Our apparent attempts to play "better football" has seen us comprehensively relegated.

Anyone up to the age of 20 will not have memories of us being anything but Championship mediocrity finally dumped, and not give a sh1t about it. Horrible thought that.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Is it safe to scrutinise Lambert yet? on 06:13 - Apr 12 with 1033 viewstractorboysuffolk

Is it safe to scrutinise Lambert yet? on 15:27 - Apr 11 by No9

Have you ever looked at MM's home record?

MM is not allowed to be mentioned on this thread 😂😂😂😂 lol

Shame all the logic and eloquent analysis from all the football experts on this thread was not applied exactly a year ago......!

3 in 25. What a mess.

You don’t know what you’ve got till’ its gone!
Is it safe to scrutinise Lambert yet? on 08:27 - Apr 12 with 983 viewschristiand

Is it safe to scrutinise Lambert yet? on 06:13 - Apr 12 by tractorboysuffolk

MM is not allowed to be mentioned on this thread 😂😂😂😂 lol

Shame all the logic and eloquent analysis from all the football experts on this thread was not applied exactly a year ago......!

3 in 25. What a mess.

You don’t know what you’ve got till’ its gone!

For all the scintalliting football we played under MM 🤔, over his last 20 games in charge of us we won just 4 games and he had a better squad of players than PL currently has to manage. We were on the slide even under MM. Give PL pre season and the first dozen games in League One and let’s see where we are. Think then PL’s future at our club will be clearer.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Is it safe to scrutinise Lambert yet? on 08:46 - Apr 12 with 969 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Is it safe to scrutinise Lambert yet? on 08:27 - Apr 12 by christiand

For all the scintalliting football we played under MM 🤔, over his last 20 games in charge of us we won just 4 games and he had a better squad of players than PL currently has to manage. We were on the slide even under MM. Give PL pre season and the first dozen games in League One and let’s see where we are. Think then PL’s future at our club will be clearer.

We won 5 games over that period - which is as many as we’ve won in the 47 games since he left

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Is it safe to scrutinise Lambert yet? on 10:10 - Apr 12 with 936 viewschristiand

Is it safe to scrutinise Lambert yet? on 08:46 - Apr 12 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

We won 5 games over that period - which is as many as we’ve won in the 47 games since he left

In fact, it's 5 wins in 21 games, which equates to 21 points over those 21 games, nothing amazing (Phil and Gav hadn't included the Barnsley result, his last game). Nevertheless, it's difficult to argue that he didn't have a better squad of players at his disposal than what PL has available. Just highlights to me that we were on a downward spiral, the fact that we then sell some of our best and influential players and then replace them with inferior ones from L1 and L2. What did we all expect the outcome to be this season other than relegation? MM would've struggled with this lot make no mistake.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2019 11:36]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Is it safe to scrutinise Lambert yet? on 10:42 - Apr 12 with 914 viewstractorboysuffolk

Is it safe to scrutinise Lambert yet? on 10:10 - Apr 12 by christiand

In fact, it's 5 wins in 21 games, which equates to 21 points over those 21 games, nothing amazing (Phil and Gav hadn't included the Barnsley result, his last game). Nevertheless, it's difficult to argue that he didn't have a better squad of players at his disposal than what PL has available. Just highlights to me that we were on a downward spiral, the fact that we then sell some of our best and influential players and then replace them with inferior ones from L1 and L2. What did we all expect the outcome to be this season other than relegation? MM would've struggled with this lot make no mistake.

Fair comment, don’t disagree. I have a good mate who is a Charlton fan and I look at the way they play currently and the squad they have, I wouldn’t want to be playing them! Pray for some £££ over the summer. What more can we do?!
Is it safe to scrutinise Lambert yet? on 10:46 - Apr 12 with 906 viewsNo9

Is it safe to scrutinise Lambert yet? on 10:10 - Apr 12 by christiand

& overall MM's record was only marginally better than that of K or J
Is it safe to scrutinise Lambert yet? on 11:02 - Apr 12 with 892 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Is it safe to scrutinise Lambert yet? on 10:46 - Apr 12 by No9

& overall MM's record was only marginally better than that of K or J

Yes, if you consider having a higher win percentage, more points per game, and rather crucially 4 top half and one playoff finish compared to leaving us in the relegation zone as only ‘marginally better’

Is it safe to scrutinise Lambert yet? on 11:12 - Apr 12 with 879 viewsNo9

Is it safe to scrutinise Lambert yet? on 11:02 - Apr 12 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Yes, if you consider having a higher win percentage, more points per game, and rather crucially 4 top half and one playoff finish compared to leaving us in the relegation zone as only ‘marginally better’

Well K & J got about 34 % success rate, MM got about a 37% success rate.
K&J were rightly, considered failures how does a mere 3% make MM that much better.
Considering he had longer in the job, to get things right, than his two predecessors he can be considered less successful and had it not been for Murphy in 2014/5 that may well have been what the stat's showed.

Look at it on the positive side, finally Mr E has realised just how bad things had got & is changing it, I hope like me you are wishing for a better future?
Login to get fewer ads

Is it safe to scrutinise Lambert yet? on 11:20 - Apr 12 with 868 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Is it safe to scrutinise Lambert yet? on 11:12 - Apr 12 by No9

K&J were rightly, considered failures how does a mere 3% make MM that much better.
Considering he had longer in the job, to get things right, than his two predecessors he can be considered less successful and had it not been for Murphy in 2014/5 that may well have been what the stat's showed.

Look at it on the positive side, finally Mr E has realised just how bad things had got & is changing it, I hope like me you are wishing for a better future?

Because that 3% (plus more draws and less defeats) contributed to significantly better finishes in the actual league table, as quoted in my previous post

He spent longer in the job as a result of the above - what a failure

Of course I hope things will get better - unfortunately though first we are going to have to suffer at least a season in a division we haven’t been in for 60+ years before we can even try and get back to the same position we were in last Summer

What exactly is Evans changing btw?

Is it safe to scrutinise Lambert yet? on 11:52 - Apr 12 with 850 viewsitfcjoe

Is it safe to scrutinise Lambert yet? on 11:12 - Apr 12 by No9

"Considering he had longer in the job, to get things right, than his two predecessors he can be considered less successful"

If anyone considers Mick less successful than Keane and Jewell then they need sectioning.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is it safe to scrutinise Lambert yet? on 12:55 - Apr 12 with 812 viewsPecker

If we are not top 6 come Christmas, then moan away.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024