Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stat 16:54 - Apr 10 with 5289 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Stat on 17:07 - Apr 10 with 3529 viewsjasondozzell

Lies, damned lies and.....

Football is much better under Lambert. Club has got soul back.

Would rather watch this side than Mick's at the end. Mick was great for first 3 seasons but it was time to go.
Stat on 17:09 - Apr 10 with 3509 viewsjudespiveyg

Since all of them are since 2009 under Keane, this just shows we've been in three relegation battles in 10 seasons, 5 if you count 11/12 and 16/17 where we never quite fell into the bottom three as well. Pretty much emphasises how poor we've been the last ten years.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Stat on 17:12 - Apr 10 with 3493 viewsKropotkin123

Average attendance last year - 16,271
Average attendance this year - 17,660

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Stat on 17:13 - Apr 10 with 3487 viewsMullet

Stat on 17:07 - Apr 10 by jasondozzell

Would rather watch this side than Mick's at the end. Mick was great for first 3 seasons but it was time to go.

The football is much better?

How exactly? Better than what exactly? Being better than our worst manager in history who couldn't decide on a formation even for a whole game and who fluked a win at Swansea is hardly a ringing endorsement.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Stat on 17:15 - Apr 10 with 3474 viewsSitfcB

Stat on 17:12 - Apr 10 by Kropotkin123

Average attendance last year - 16,271
Average attendance this year - 17,660

Cheap ticket promos last season: 3
Cheap ticket promos this season: 10

COYB

Stat on 17:17 - Apr 10 with 3456 viewsjudespiveyg

Stat on 17:15 - Apr 10 by SitfcB

Average attendance had McCarthy still been here: 7845

Stat on 17:21 - Apr 10 with 3433 viewsMullet

Stat on 17:15 - Apr 10 by SitfcB

There's also the new manager effect twice and fact that attendances are up across the division thanks to the make up of it by about the same amount, but I guess looking at stuff like that is unhelpful.

Stat on 17:22 - Apr 10 with 3420 viewsSitfcB

Stat on 17:17 - Apr 10 by judespiveyg

Average attendance had McCarthy still been here: 7845

League position would be a lot better though. I’d have preferred that.

COYB

Login to get fewer ads

Stat on 17:29 - Apr 10 with 3374 viewsjasondozzell

Stat on 17:13 - Apr 10 by Mullet

The football is much better?

How exactly? Better than what exactly? Being better than our worst manager in history who couldn't decide on a formation even for a whole game and who fluked a win at Swansea is hardly a ringing endorsement.

We have a midfield again. Didn't have one at end of Mick's tenure.
Stat on 17:33 - Apr 10 with 3348 viewsjudespiveyg

Stat on 17:22 - Apr 10 by SitfcB

League position would be a lot better though. I’d have preferred that.

It's a tough one for me, while I hate that we're going down and miss the comforts of 15th greatly, and I'd have still got an ST with MM in charge, some of those Tuesday night games last couple of seasons with sub-10000 and zero noise with very little football being played were a little tiresome and repetitive, in comparison the crowds and atmosphere have been fantastic all season and the football is actually watchable even if we've been dire pretty much all season. I actually don't know which I'd pick.

Stat on 17:35 - Apr 10 with 3332 viewsMullet

Stat on 17:29 - Apr 10 by jasondozzell

We have a midfield again. Didn't have one at end of Mick's tenure.

Right.

But that's your measure? Not scoring goals, defending, winning games, etc.

Stat on 17:38 - Apr 10 with 3315 viewsMullet

Stat on 17:33 - Apr 10 by judespiveyg

It's a tough one for me, while I hate that we're going down and miss the comforts of 15th greatly, and I'd have still got an ST with MM in charge, some of those Tuesday night games last couple of seasons with sub-10000 and zero noise with very little football being played were a little tiresome and repetitive, in comparison the crowds and atmosphere have been fantastic all season and the football is actually watchable even if we've been dire pretty much all season. I actually don't know which I'd pick.

Except we've had that as recently as Hull, throughout the last few weeks of Hurst etc it's not as if the end of Mick's time was down to him.

We've got the noise back because of things like Blue Action and people realising how good we had it and what we're now losing and have lost. There's a plethora of narratives that have come out this season which show that.

It'd would have been nice to have it when the team needed it most last season.

Stat on 17:38 - Apr 10 with 3311 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Whats your point Sitters?
Mick has gone, move on.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Stat on 17:40 - Apr 10 with 3295 viewsSE1blue

Stat on 17:38 - Apr 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

Mick has gone, move on.

Agree.

As pointless as comparing MM to Sir Bobby.

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Stat on 17:41 - Apr 10 with 3289 viewsjasondozzell

Stat on 17:35 - Apr 10 by Mullet

Right.

But that's your measure? Not scoring goals, defending, winning games, etc.

Football has to be about more than just winning games.

I'd take attacking football, entertainment and passing football over Mick's grind any day. It had become joyless.

Also how are you so certain Mick would have delivered safety?
[Post edited 10 Apr 2019 17:43]
Stat on 17:45 - Apr 10 with 3264 viewsSitfcB

Stat on 17:38 - Apr 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

Mick has gone, move on.

That tweet was posted today.

I offered it without comment.

COYB

Stat on 17:45 - Apr 10 with 3255 viewsSitfcB

Stat on 17:41 - Apr 10 by jasondozzell

I'd take attacking football, entertainment and passing football over Mick's grind any day. It had become joyless.

Football is ALL about winning games.

COYB

Stat on 17:46 - Apr 10 with 3249 viewsMullet

Stat on 17:41 - Apr 10 by jasondozzell

Can you let the FA, the league etc. know please? We've not been playing fantastic football under anyone who succeeded Mick in any great periods of time. Even our win Saturday, like the one against Rotherham was a game of differing periods.

Care to give us a little run down of where and how this improved football has been evident away from results?

As for you last question, take a look at his worst season here even with that level of adversity we were never close to going to down. Now average out the 5 or so as a whole. For Mick to have taken us down would require a level of hard luck and poor investment even we've not seen under Evans ever.

Stat on 17:47 - Apr 10 with 3245 viewsSitfcB

Stat on 17:38 - Apr 10 by Mullet

Except we've had that as recently as Hull, throughout the last few weeks of Hurst etc it's not as if the end of Mick's time was down to him.

We've got the noise back because of things like Blue Action and people realising how good we had it and what we're now losing and have lost. There's a plethora of narratives that have come out this season which show that.

It'd would have been nice to have it when the team needed it most last season.

Reading at home, must win game, one up front....

There hasn’t been that much difference to last season, apart from we have been considerably worse.

COYB

Stat on 17:48 - Apr 10 with 3230 viewsSitfcB

Stat on 17:46 - Apr 10 by Mullet

Can you let the FA, the league etc. know please? We've not been playing fantastic football under anyone who succeeded Mick in any great periods of time. Even our win Saturday, like the one against Rotherham was a game of differing periods.

Care to give us a little run down of where and how this improved football has been evident away from results?

As for you last question, take a look at his worst season here even with that level of adversity we were never close to going to down. Now average out the 5 or so as a whole. For Mick to have taken us down would require a level of hard luck and poor investment even we've not seen under Evans ever.

The monitor always went up and down with Mick, this season we were due a good one with him.

COYB

Stat on 17:50 - Apr 10 with 3211 viewsSpruceMoose

Stat on 17:07 - Apr 10 by jasondozzell

I'd rather watch us win more often than I watch Halley's comet and not be relegated. But that's just me.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Stat on 17:51 - Apr 10 with 3213 viewsFtnfwest

Was never interested in the club or fans. His players yes, they were by and large loyal to each other but the effort put into the job was first and foremost for his own legacy, hence even in the beginning a large proportion of the fans never bought into it.
Stat on 17:52 - Apr 10 with 3208 viewsjasondozzell

Stat on 17:46 - Apr 10 by Mullet

Difference in style between Mick and Lambert is clear.

A reminder that Lambert has achieved this with a depleted and unbalanced squad.

West Brom away, Reading away, Bristol City away. Did you go? Fantastic football and entertaining. A long way from Mick at the end.

No need to go to FA etc - football is entertaining again and Lambert is building something.
Stat on 18:01 - Apr 10 with 3161 viewsKieran_Knows

They’ve got Lambert’s head there as if it’s his fault when it should be Evans/Hurst for a start.

But good, we definitely need another thread on this.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Stat on 18:19 - Apr 10 with 3096 viewsjudespiveyg

Stat on 17:45 - Apr 10 by SitfcB

Football is ALL about winning games.

That depends, as someone who plays on a Saturday morning and watches Ipswich in the afternoons and I consider them very different things. Playing I consider as sport, and at a low level in front of next to no one it is indeed about winning, regardless of style of play. However I don't view watching football as sport, but as entertainment.
While there's obviously the emotional part to football which a trip to the cinema hasn't got, you still do it for enjoyment first and foremost, and while winning is always more enjoyable than losing, an end to end 2-3 loss like the West Brom game is infinitely more enjoyable than a 0-0 draw such as we've seen a number of in the past few seasons.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024