Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jon snow 13:02 - Mar 30 with 33738 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Blimey, what a ridiculous thing to say, imagine if you replaced the word white with black.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 13:03]
Jon snow on 15:04 - Mar 31 with 3470 viewsJ2BLUE

Jon snow on 15:00 - Mar 31 by SpruceMoose

I'd stick to the Mail then!

I can't read the Mail without screaming.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jon snow on 15:05 - Mar 31 with 3470 viewsJ2BLUE

Jon snow on 15:00 - Mar 31 by footers

It has gone downhill massively in recent years, especially under Viner.

"As a trans woman, why aren't there more cakes suitable for me?"

You are my favourite poster.

Truly impaired.

Jon snow on 15:11 - Mar 31 with 3452 viewsSpruceMoose

Jon snow on 15:04 - Mar 31 by J2BLUE

I can't read the Mail without screaming.

I'm starting to think your screaming problem isn't even related to reading the papers.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Jon snow on 15:15 - Mar 31 with 3438 viewsfooters

Jon snow on 15:11 - Mar 31 by SpruceMoose

I'm starting to think your screaming problem isn't even related to reading the papers.

Maybe Newsround would be more suitable? All the day's most important events in bitesize, lighthearted chunks.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Jon snow on 15:17 - Mar 31 with 3435 viewsJ2BLUE

Jon snow on 15:11 - Mar 31 by SpruceMoose

I would like to be a Guardian reader. I try. I just can't stand it.

Same with the Mail. All complete rubbish or glorified Heat magazine type BS.

Truly impaired.

Jon snow on 15:17 - Mar 31 with 3431 viewsfooters

Jon snow on 15:17 - Mar 31 by J2BLUE

Indie?

Jon snow on 15:18 - Mar 31 with 3434 viewsSpruceMoose

Jon snow on 15:17 - Mar 31 by J2BLUE

I'd stick to getting your news from TWTD then.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Jon snow on 15:27 - Mar 31 with 3412 viewsJ2BLUE

Jon snow on 15:15 - Mar 31 by footers

Maybe Newsround would be more suitable? All the day's most important events in bitesize, lighthearted chunks.

You are my least favourite poster

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Jon snow on 15:29 - Mar 31 with 3411 viewsSpruceMoose

Jon snow on 15:27 - Mar 31 by J2BLUE

You are my least favourite poster

That's OK. Nobody likes J2. He's the Milhouse of the TWTD forums.

Jon snow on 18:22 - Mar 31 with 3357 viewsPecker

Jon snow on 14:42 - Mar 30 by matteoblue

No, what I’m saying is that I think this is the most racist thing ever said by a news tv presenter on British television. If he’d have used the word ‘black’ instead of ‘white’, then he would have been sacked immediately. The equality act is equality for all, not just minority groups.

So is Bradley Walsh being racist when he calls one of the chasers The dark destroyer just because he is black? If so he should have been sacked about 5 years ago.
Jon snow on 18:36 - Mar 31 with 3333 viewsDarth_Koont

Jon snow on 13:15 - Mar 30 by matteoblue

I believe this is the most racist thing ever said by a British news presenter on television. It will be interesting to see if the equality laws which now exist in this country serve to protect people of all perceived races, and not just ones of political advantage.

Well, have you ever seen so many white people in one place? Apart from the Winter Olympics?

I'm sure there are a lot of BAME leave voters but it seems that the extreme, demonstrating leavers are all white. That's a bit curious, don't you think? What's the colour of your skin got to do with being against the EU and immigration?

Pronouns: He/Him

Jon snow on 18:48 - Mar 31 with 3314 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Jon snow on 18:36 - Mar 31 by Darth_Koont

Well, have you ever seen so many white people in one place? Apart from the Winter Olympics?

I'm sure there are a lot of BAME leave voters but it seems that the extreme, demonstrating leavers are all white. That's a bit curious, don't you think? What's the colour of your skin got to do with being against the EU and immigration?

There were an awful lot of white faces on the Irish border today.

Edit....so demonstrating leavers are extreme but demonstrating remainers are.....?
[Post edited 31 Mar 2019 18:52]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Jon snow on 18:54 - Mar 31 with 3290 viewsDarth_Koont

Jon snow on 18:48 - Mar 31 by BanksterDebtSlave

There were an awful lot of white faces on the Irish border today.

Edit....so demonstrating leavers are extreme but demonstrating remainers are.....?
[Post edited 31 Mar 2019 18:52]

There's a lot of white faces on the Irish border every day.

We're talking about London.

Jon snow on 19:05 - Mar 31 with 3259 viewsJ2BLUE

Jon snow on 18:36 - Mar 31 by Darth_Koont

The remainers also seemed largely white.

Perhaps it suggests the benefits of being in the EU are mainly felt by educated, middle class types and the extreme leavers are working class, less educated people who have found a convenient target in the EU.

On a side note, it seems that being white, male and straight is the new original sin and lots of people feel the need to prove they really do believe in equality so we gets situations like this.

Edited out middle class
[Post edited 31 Mar 2019 19:10]

Truly impaired.

Jon snow on 19:18 - Mar 31 with 3232 viewsDarth_Koont

Jon snow on 19:05 - Mar 31 by J2BLUE

Perhaps it suggests the benefits of being in the EU are mainly felt by educated, middle class types and the extreme leavers are working class, less educated people who have found a convenient target in the EU.

On a side note, it seems that being white, male and straight is the new original sin and lots of people feel the need to prove they really do believe in equality so we gets situations like this.

Edited out middle class

I think the Remainers are certainly more middle class which is possibly why there aren't that many BAME but still nothing like the uniformity of the Leave protesters.

There we're talking white men almost across the board. Like an EDL rally or a BNP march. I'm sure that's just an unfortunate coincidence.

Jon snow on 19:25 - Mar 31 with 3213 viewsDarth_Koont

Jon snow on 19:05 - Mar 31 by J2BLUE

Edited out middle class

"It seems that white, male and straight is the new original sin" ...

You mean the group that still have it easiest in this country gets a bit of sh!t for that inequality every now and again? Well, speaking as a white, straight male, anyone who's upset about that totally lacks perspective and self-awareness ... probably because they've never needed to develop those qualities.

Jon snow on 19:27 - Mar 31 with 3206 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Jon snow on 18:54 - Mar 31 by Darth_Koont

There's a lot of white faces on the Irish border every day.

We're talking about London.

There was a demonstration.....are you suggesting Ireland does not have a diverse community?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Jon snow on 19:29 - Mar 31 with 3197 viewsJ2BLUE

Jon snow on 19:25 - Mar 31 by Darth_Koont

"It seems that white, male and straight is the new original sin" ...

You mean the group that still have it easiest in this country gets a bit of sh!t for that inequality every now and again? Well, speaking as a white, straight male, anyone who's upset about that totally lacks perspective and self-awareness ... probably because they've never needed to develop those qualities.

Ha, I was amazed you let that go the first time.

I guess it depends how you view it. Sounds like we believe in a different equality. I think people should be helped up. You seem happy for straight white men to be pulled down. Either way we will eventually have equality.

Truly impaired.

Jon snow on 19:31 - Mar 31 with 3188 viewsfooters

Jon snow on 19:29 - Mar 31 by J2BLUE

I guess it depends how you view it. Sounds like we believe in a different equality. I think people should be helped up. You seem happy for straight white men to be pulled down. Either way we will eventually have equality.

Some straight, white men who complain about this sorta thing need to sort themselves out tbh. No use whining you're not getting ahead if you do fck all about it.

Jon snow on 19:33 - Mar 31 with 3178 viewsJ2BLUE

Jon snow on 19:31 - Mar 31 by footers

Some straight, white men who complain about this sorta thing need to sort themselves out tbh. No use whining you're not getting ahead if you do fck all about it.

What? Are you replying to the right post?

Truly impaired.

Jon snow on 19:33 - Mar 31 with 3178 viewsDarth_Koont

Jon snow on 19:29 - Mar 31 by J2BLUE

Eh? How exactly are straight, white men being pulled down?

Jon snow on 19:36 - Mar 31 with 3163 viewsJ2BLUE

Jon snow on 19:33 - Mar 31 by Darth_Koont

Eh? How exactly are straight, white men being pulled down?

You said: You mean the group that still have it easiest in this country gets a bit of sh!t for that inequality every now and again?

I'm saying it seems a bit stupid to attack a group who cannot control being white, male or straight for being white, male and straight instead of fighting for real equality by trying to give opportunities to people who aren't white, male and/or straight.

Truly impaired.

Jon snow on 19:49 - Mar 31 with 3132 viewsDarth_Koont

Jon snow on 19:36 - Mar 31 by J2BLUE

You said: You mean the group that still have it easiest in this country gets a bit of sh!t for that inequality every now and again?

I'm saying it seems a bit stupid to attack a group who cannot control being white, male or straight for being white, male and straight instead of fighting for real equality by trying to give opportunities to people who aren't white, male and/or straight.

But we're not getting pulled down. We're just being told to take our position at the back of the line as a largely irrelevant group from a discrimination and inequality perspective.

And I certainly don't like being represented by the racists, sexists and homophobes who seem to be the ones who have a real problem with that.

Jon snow on 20:01 - Mar 31 with 3113 viewsfooters

Jon snow on 19:49 - Mar 31 by Darth_Koont

But we're not getting pulled down. We're just being told to take our position at the back of the line as a largely irrelevant group from a discrimination and inequality perspective.

And I certainly don't like being represented by the racists, sexists and homophobes who seem to be the ones who have a real problem with that.

This is what I mean, J2. Loads of 'straight white men' (for I am one) simply want to point the finger at 'equality' and the 'PC agenda' for keeping them back when in truth they've done nothing to improve their lot.

You don't win prizes for being British, you have to work for stuff. This is a meritocracy.

Jon snow on 20:05 - Mar 31 with 3098 viewsJ2BLUE

Jon snow on 20:01 - Mar 31 by footers

This is what I mean, J2. Loads of 'straight white men' (for I am one) simply want to point the finger at 'equality' and the 'PC agenda' for keeping them back when in truth they've done nothing to improve their lot.

You don't win prizes for being British, you have to work for stuff. This is a meritocracy.

I have no idea why you are telling me this. I am not doing that.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024