Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brett McGavin... wow 15:17 - Mar 4 with 8202 viewsMrTown

What a footballer, just back from the u23’s. Comfortbale 2-0 win, but Brett McGavin is a special footballer, plays as the pivot at the bottom of the midfield, the Skuse role, he is a special bread of footballer, his passing ability is fantastic, his composure, plays the game at his own speed, never looks like he needs to get out of 1st gear.

Special footballer on the books.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Brett McGavin... wow on 08:50 - Mar 5 with 774 viewssoupytwist

Brett McGavin... wow on 22:35 - Mar 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

And again I ask, how is it that we are so far off the pace at first team and top of the league with the U23s? Surely there must be a player or two who could have made some difference? Is it more a sign of us having a big squad of very similar ability? Too many not good enough.

Good to hear of players doing well though.

I don't know the precise details of the structure but maybe it's significant that we're top of Professional Development League 2. Is there a league above that? If so, maybe we wouldn't be faring quite so well.
Brett McGavin... wow on 09:01 - Mar 5 with 747 viewsJohnWarksTash

I had heard he was one of Warburton's targets at Forest..............
Brett McGavin... wow on 09:16 - Mar 5 with 714 viewsbadadski

Brett McGavin... wow on 22:35 - Mar 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

And again I ask, how is it that we are so far off the pace at first team and top of the league with the U23s? Surely there must be a player or two who could have made some difference? Is it more a sign of us having a big squad of very similar ability? Too many not good enough.

Good to hear of players doing well though.

They are making it up from the under 23’s under lambert but are getting injured.
The reason why we we’re hammering teams at the start were because of
Bishop - now first team
Lankester - now first team and injured
Hews played a few at the start - injured
Morris has some first team call ups - injured
Folami - again some first team call ups - injured
Rowe was scoring loads - loaned out
Dozzell - bench of first team
Woolfenden - loaned out

So not many left in the under 23 that haven’t got into the first team -
The under 23 is a depleted as the first team almost as the list above shows.

Only players left that are consistent and will make the first team soon if have good preseason are el Mizouni who has been brilliant every game I have seen him. Goal scoring midfielder with range strikes but also a in the box poacher Infact he has been playing make do striker due to injuries it also strong in the tackle and tracks back.

Cotter has been playing ok. McGavin I didn’t see so can’t comment as missed last game.
Brett McGavin... wow on 09:28 - Mar 5 with 693 viewsmonty_radio

McGavin played well yesterday, as did El Mizouni and Cotter. But, for me, the fact that Jackson looked the real threat (their defenders certainly thought so, booting it off into adjoining green spaces and gardens whenever they sensed him coming) - indicated that, as various managers have said, there is such a world of football difference between U23 and first team.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024