Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. 16:20 - Mar 3 with 7711 viewsPendejo

What price do season tickets have to be for those who did not have one last season to buy one for next season?

SBR / SAR Lower / Upper

Cobbold / Coop

What price were they this season?

What if they came up with some scheme where the price came down [or there were rebates] the more people bought tickets?

I really think the next season it is up to us, the supporters, collectively to back our club in the best way possible by buying season tickets. PL has said the place is better when full and noisy, let's face it 23,000 with some noise far better than funereal 8,000.

Although I currently average 1 game a month, mainly away days I am considering putting my money where my mouth is by buying a ST [especially as I believe it can be done by monthly DD].

As we can't afford to buy the club and there is no billionaire with over flowing pockets of cash waiting to wave his magic credit card the way I see it the only thing we can do is support the club better than it's ever been supported, need an average of @ 27,000 for this I believe.

What price [per match] do YOU need to do this?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 17:41 - Mar 3 with 3991 viewsgt81

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 17:35 - Mar 3 by Pendejo

Look at yesterday's attendance and compare it to 80/81 and see how many matches were lower than yesterday's attendance, and re-think yoru argument.

Repeat Fink fantasy fandom, forget facts.

I don't really do fantasy fandom, sorry.

*Shrugs*
Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 18:05 - Mar 3 with 3975 viewsfactual_blue

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 17:23 - Mar 3 by Bobbychase

Exactly. Whatever marketing the club do, starting next season with three straight wins or something along those lines would immediately lift the gloom

Quite. Attendances are, I reckon, rather less price sensitive than some like to believe.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 18:08 - Mar 3 with 3969 viewsfactual_blue

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 17:24 - Mar 3 by Championship

Clearly there will be another reduction. The survey they sent out asked if people want lower prices or a 'free gift'*. I would assume people overwhelmingly said lower prices. Repeating that there won't be a cut over and over doesn't make you right.

*How can it be a free gift if people are paying extra for it? It's more of a compulsory purchase offer.

It doesn't mean that at all.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 18:48 - Mar 3 with 3946 viewsIllinoisblue

27,000 average?? ppffft. 17,000 is more realistic.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 18:49 - Mar 3 with 3947 viewsbritbiker

It must be reduced surely. Could you imagine going to a cinema and being told the ticket prices will remain the same but we will no longer be showing you the better movie releases.

I think it will only be about a 10% reduction in reality. You also have to factor in the price being charged to away fans. I guess we will be seen by those as a bigger fish in a smaller league but not sure if we have done enough in recent years to been seen as that attractive to opposition fans.

Hopefully they will do a deal for away fans if they do the same for our fans. Got a feeling that we will have quite a large away following next year providing we are at least competative.
Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 19:09 - Mar 3 with 3932 viewsITFC_Forever

So, as discussed on here a couple of weeks ago, everyone wants ME to reduce STs, but sign the likes of Keane, Judge and a couple of other decent experienced players to bring the youngsters along?

Righto.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Just an idea... on 19:12 - Mar 3 with 3927 viewscrunchie1978

Just an idea... on 17:19 - Mar 3 by Pendejo

I think some of you have misunderstood the intent of my post.

How much would they need to be for any non-season ticket holders to buy STs and back the blues next season?

For the record, as far as I can see, our highest average attendance 26,791 in 76/77 [my first season of attending matches!]
https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-premier-league-1976-1977/1/
Note: Naaridge were less than 23,000

However, at least 2 clubs have used innovative ticket schemes to ensure they have decent attendances [Bradford City and, er, "them"]

Say, 27,000 @ £350 gives the same turnstile revenue as 13,500 @ £750
[lazy example, not meant to infer anything factual!! Simply give a point]
It does, however, it brings in result in further revenue in terms of merchandising etc. and would make the place much more impressive.

It's time for innovation to take the club forward, and especially draw in a generation who can get football on demand 24/7... and will trawl the likes of youtube for Messi, Ronaldo [both] etc. They certainly won't be looking for Harbey's equalizer @ Northampton in the late 80s.

So, like Huddersfield Town, if they said is £700 if 11,500 sign up and will drop to £350 if 23,000 sign up... rebating the balance via merchandising, catering credits.

would you sign up?

If the club dropped season tickets to £300 id buy one straight away....
"If you build it they will come"
Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 19:22 - Mar 3 with 3914 viewstractorboy1978

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 18:49 - Mar 3 by britbiker

It must be reduced surely. Could you imagine going to a cinema and being told the ticket prices will remain the same but we will no longer be showing you the better movie releases.

I think it will only be about a 10% reduction in reality. You also have to factor in the price being charged to away fans. I guess we will be seen by those as a bigger fish in a smaller league but not sure if we have done enough in recent years to been seen as that attractive to opposition fans.

Hopefully they will do a deal for away fans if they do the same for our fans. Got a feeling that we will have quite a large away following next year providing we are at least competative.

Football is nothing like going to the cinema and that is a bit of a daft analogy.
Login to get fewer ads

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 19:30 - Mar 3 with 3909 viewsbournemouthblue

£250 seems a nice round figure to me, I wonder if they will be prepared to drop this low?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 19:36 - Mar 3 with 3907 viewsFixed_It

I currently pay by direct debit. I will probably continue to do so, but as each game involves a 240 mile round trip by car I will probably go to fewer games. I suspect prices will be similar to this yesr - maybe a slight reduction to reflect our new status and quality of opposition. However, if we are to compete - and have any chance of keeping the likes of Judge or Keane - we can't afford to slash prices as some people hope. I am prepared to maintain my direct debit payments to support the Club when it needs us most. I hope others are willing/able to do the same, but will understand that not everyone will share my view.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 19:36 - Mar 3 with 3908 viewsITFC_Forever

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 19:30 - Mar 3 by bournemouthblue

£250 seems a nice round figure to me, I wonder if they will be prepared to drop this low?

Not going to happen. Not sustainable, and how does the club then deal with the flouncing when they go back up by £130 for 2020-21 if we go back up again? And how would that work operationally when it wouldn’t be known what division we’ll be in for 2020-21 when the renewals come out in Spring 2020?

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 19:56 - Mar 3 with 3898 viewsFixed_It

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 19:30 - Mar 3 by bournemouthblue

Unrealistic. Possible maybe if they could guarantee doubling the number of season ticket holders, but that won't happen. ME is losing enough money already - why should he make even heavier losses than necessary?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 20:01 - Mar 3 with 3888 viewstextbackup

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 16:40 - Mar 3 by Championship

Trouble with £250 tickets is once you factor in students, seniors and kids the average ST would probably be below £200. Under a tenner a game. I don't think the club can do that. 27,000 is fantasy land as well.

£300 is a nice round figure if the club wanted to make a real statement. Even that would be low though. I would like to see some creative options. Saturdays only season tickets for example for people who can't make midweek games.

Saturday only season tickets? Christ sake, should the club also offer an ares wiping policy too?
its a season ticket, you can buy it if you want to, if you cant make X amount of games use your head and see if its cheaper to buy on the gate.
they shouldn't have to make it perfect for each individual person.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 20:05 - Mar 3 with 3880 viewsChampionship

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 20:01 - Mar 3 by textbackup

Saturday only season tickets? Christ sake, should the club also offer an ares wiping policy too?
its a season ticket, you can buy it if you want to, if you cant make X amount of games use your head and see if its cheaper to buy on the gate.
they shouldn't have to make it perfect for each individual person.

You don't think it's a good idea for fans living further afield? It would be in the club's interest as well as it locks those people who would pick and choose into every Saturday game. It would also help the average bloke as well as it is a lot easier to get out of IKEA with the missus if you've already bought your ticket.
Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 20:17 - Mar 3 with 3864 viewstextbackup

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 20:05 - Mar 3 by Championship

You don't think it's a good idea for fans living further afield? It would be in the club's interest as well as it locks those people who would pick and choose into every Saturday game. It would also help the average bloke as well as it is a lot easier to get out of IKEA with the missus if you've already bought your ticket.

honestly no I don't think its a good idea. these people living further afield have chosen to support ITFC, so the choice is theirs, they cant tailor make a package to fit all.

I think the bundle deals help these people out nicely as it is. that would possibly be a route to go down, improve how they offer those.

edit. only 4 home mid week games this season, so 19 are weekend or bank holiday. theres no way the club should fanny about with people missing 4 games.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 21:02]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 20:51 - Mar 3 with 3826 viewsDripFedFred

I don't see ST prices dropping much, perhaps 10%. The club should keep offers for STs open as long as possible and hope for a good start to the season. It all depends on the first few games.

I can't see us getting better than 15k average at best unless we have a barnstorming start. Bigger clubs than us with better squads have struggled to get back out of L1.
Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 13:02 - Mar 4 with 3709 viewsbritbiker

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 19:22 - Mar 3 by tractorboy1978

Football is nothing like going to the cinema and that is a bit of a daft analogy.

Maybe it is a daft analogy, however I know many fans who have given up season tickets in the past four years and not one has come to more than one full priced game. They wait for the discounted games as the teams we play in the championship are not a great pull. (leeds and nodge aside). Cant imagine playing Div 1 teams will lure them back. Therefore my analogy of a weaker product still stands. The only thing that will bring back fans is sensible prices and us pushing for promotion.
Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 13:33 - Mar 4 with 3694 viewsWarkTheWark

£300 i'd be straight in for one. £250 and i reckon i'd push it on mates and family too!
Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 13:50 - Mar 4 with 3682 viewsSlambo

Also vital bearing in mind how much more important revenue will be next year, seen as how you can only spend 60% of turnover on wages (brilliant rule - why is it not implemented in every league..?!). If we can get 17-18,000 in every week, it will put us at a considerable advantage over the rest of the teams in the league, most of whom will have attendances two thirds of that, or even less...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 14:05 - Mar 4 with 3666 viewsITFC_Forever

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 13:50 - Mar 4 by Slambo

Also vital bearing in mind how much more important revenue will be next year, seen as how you can only spend 60% of turnover on wages (brilliant rule - why is it not implemented in every league..?!). If we can get 17-18,000 in every week, it will put us at a considerable advantage over the rest of the teams in the league, most of whom will have attendances two thirds of that, or even less...

Not if we can make more money but with 14-15,000 every week...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024