Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge 09:04 - Feb 24 with 28543 viewspickles110564

Could not support a Labour government under Corbyn, well said m8.
great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:02 - Feb 25 with 2681 viewsDarth_Koont

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 14:58 - Feb 25 by StokieBlue

The founder of Momentum has said today there a widespread problem with antisemitism in Labour but that it's not institutionally antisemitic:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/25/labour-has-widespread-problem-w

I'm not really knowledgeable on the debate but I guess the issue is when does the member and institution become one?

SB

That's fair enough. The research shows antisemitism and other forms of racism throughout society — left, centre and right.

Entirely different to be calling a party institutionally racist and especially trying to put all that at the door of one man.

Pronouns: He/Him

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:03 - Feb 25 with 2662 viewsZedRodgers

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 13:43 - Feb 25 by StokieBlue

"Would the fact that the polls are much closer now and have mostly had Labour ahead before the split"

Do you honestly think that sentence implies polls over recent months? I think to most it would imply the polls immediately before the split hence the confusion. I'm sure an honest mistake all round.

SB
[Post edited 25 Feb 2019 13:46]

The fact that the Conservative's are now only 1 point ahead as a result of the polls since TIG split confirms what I said to be right.

I'm not sure there's any way of looking at that data which doesn't confirm Labour has been ahead on average for months, hence my use of the word "mostly". If you remove the Tory-owned YouGov data, then the polls are not far off the "ahead by miles" situation everyone likes to suggest should be the case.

Suggesting that GB isn't trying to distort facts (again) be handpicking four polls is laughable. Forgive me for my cynicism, but I don't think it was an honest mistake on his behalf.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2019 15:11]

No, not at the moment

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:06 - Feb 25 with 2654 viewslowhouseblue

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:00 - Feb 25 by GlasgowBlue

Jon Lansman, founder of Momentum, says there are now a "much larger number of people with hardcore antisemitic opinion" in the Labour Party, and they are "polluting the atmosphere" in meetings and online.

he also said that they tended to be people who had joined recently and who believed in 'conspiracies'.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:06 - Feb 25 with 2643 viewsGlasgowBlue

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:03 - Feb 25 by ZedRodgers

The fact that the Conservative's are now only 1 point ahead as a result of the polls since TIG split confirms what I said to be right.

I'm not sure there's any way of looking at that data which doesn't confirm Labour has been ahead on average for months, hence my use of the word "mostly". If you remove the Tory-owned YouGov data, then the polls are not far off the "ahead by miles" situation everyone likes to suggest should be the case.

Suggesting that GB isn't trying to distort facts (again) be handpicking four polls is laughable. Forgive me for my cynicism, but I don't think it was an honest mistake on his behalf.

That is an average and does not include polls since even the split. Last poll used is 11 feb.

I’m sure you were mistaken when saying it included TIG and not deliberately telling porkies.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:15 - Feb 25 with 2622 viewsZedRodgers

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:06 - Feb 25 by GlasgowBlue

That is an average and does not include polls since even the split. Last poll used is 11 feb.

I’m sure you were mistaken when saying it included TIG and not deliberately telling porkies.

Sorry, I shouldn't have implied that the polls included those that offered TIG as an option.

The point that they have "mostly" been ahead remains. Your argument around the semantics doesn't change the fact that Labour have mostly been ahead in the polls for months and that you tried to handpick four polls to prove otherwise. You sound like Fiona Bruce.

No, not at the moment

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:18 - Feb 25 with 2620 viewsStokieBlue

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:03 - Feb 25 by ZedRodgers

Your sentence was clear, the facts were presented and you said "actually I meant this". I no longer believe it was an honest mistake on your behalf given you're persisting.

Your accusations of cherry picking are incredibly hypocritical given you remove an entire polling company in your post.

You'll do anything to paint the picture you want, it's quite worrying.

SB
[Post edited 25 Feb 2019 15:20]

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:23 - Feb 25 with 2602 viewsZedRodgers

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:18 - Feb 25 by StokieBlue

Your sentence was clear, the facts were presented and you said "actually I meant this". I no longer believe it was an honest mistake on your behalf given you're persisting.

Your accusations of cherry picking are incredibly hypocritical given you remove an entire polling company in your post.

SB

The point you seem to be are arguing is that Labour haven't been mostly ahead in the polls recently.

I'm happy to pretend this isn't the case if it makes things easier for you both.

No, not at the moment

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:24 - Feb 25 with 2600 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:15 - Feb 25 by ZedRodgers

Sorry, I shouldn't have implied that the polls included those that offered TIG as an option.

The point that they have "mostly" been ahead remains. Your argument around the semantics doesn't change the fact that Labour have mostly been ahead in the polls for months and that you tried to handpick four polls to prove otherwise. You sound like Fiona Bruce.

I’m not sure using the most recent data can really be classed as cherry picking, as opposed to just deciding to completely ignore an entire polling company...
[Post edited 25 Feb 2019 15:24]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:25 - Feb 25 with 2579 viewsGlasgowBlue

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:18 - Feb 25 by StokieBlue

SB

A I said earlier, zed uses “facts” that only work when presented in a bubble. They don’t bear up to scrutiny.

Iron Lion Zion

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:26 - Feb 25 with 2578 viewsStokieBlue

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:23 - Feb 25 by ZedRodgers

The point you seem to be are arguing is that Labour haven't been mostly ahead in the polls recently.

I'm happy to pretend this isn't the case if it makes things easier for you both.

You were totally incorrect in your wording and facts and have spent the last page trying to weasel out of it.

To throw it back on other posters is ridiculous.

I am done now, it's not worth engaging anymore - you can say what you like.

SB
[Post edited 25 Feb 2019 15:28]

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:26 - Feb 25 with 2572 viewsGlasgowBlue

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:06 - Feb 25 by lowhouseblue

he also said that they tended to be people who had joined recently and who believed in 'conspiracies'.

I wonder why that is?

Iron Lion Zion

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:29 - Feb 25 with 2560 viewsStokieBlue

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:24 - Feb 25 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I’m not sure using the most recent data can really be classed as cherry picking, as opposed to just deciding to completely ignore an entire polling company...

Exactly.

To accuse people of cherry picking then totally dismiss the poll that is worst for your position is pretty unbelievable cherry picking.

SB

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:32 - Feb 25 with 2545 viewsZedRodgers

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:24 - Feb 25 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I'm not ignoring an entire polling company. I was just highlighting that there happens to be one polling company run by Tories that has consistently been an anomaly.

With their data and with the four polls GB cherry-picked included, Labour are still ahead on average since October. Arguing otherwise or suggesting that I'm omitting anything is straight from GB's school of fact distortion. I would advise that you un-enrol yourself as soon as possible.

No, not at the moment

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:41 - Feb 25 with 2509 viewsGlasgowBlue

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:32 - Feb 25 by ZedRodgers

I'm not ignoring an entire polling company. I was just highlighting that there happens to be one polling company run by Tories that has consistently been an anomaly.

With their data and with the four polls GB cherry-picked included, Labour are still ahead on average since October. Arguing otherwise or suggesting that I'm omitting anything is straight from GB's school of fact distortion. I would advise that you un-enrol yourself as soon as possible.

I didn’t cherry pick. I linked the final 4 polls before “the split”. It was you who framed the argument in the context that Labour were leading in the polls “before the split”.

Stop digging.

Iron Lion Zion

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:46 - Feb 25 with 2496 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:32 - Feb 25 by ZedRodgers

No one is arguing that Labour haven’t been ahead ‘since October’ though - it’s that they weren’t ahead at the time of the split. Because they weren’t

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:55 - Feb 25 with 2475 viewsZedRodgers

It really is pathetic to see this kind of contrived outrage over such a trivial point.

I highlighted that the polls have mostly had Labour ahead recently, only to be told that what I must have been referring to was just the four most recent polls which have the Tories ahead. Because of this, the fact that Labour have been ahead on average across all polls since the end of last summer no longer matters and must not be acknowledged at any cost.

The notion that me suggesting the one polling company that happens to be founded by a sitting Tory MP are a consistent anomaly in the data and if removed would show an even bigger lead for Labour if removed nullifies the data that I'm referring to absurd.

No, not at the moment

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 16:08 - Feb 25 with 2444 viewsfooters

TIG have been talking about who they want their leader to be. Whaddaya reckon?

Umunna - Evens
Wollaston - 3/1

Any other markets needed?

I envision this 'discussion' to have been a Chuka monologue. Probably standing in front of a mirror.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2019 16:10]

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 16:13 - Feb 25 with 2423 viewsZedRodgers

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:41 - Feb 25 by GlasgowBlue

I didn’t cherry pick. I linked the final 4 polls before “the split”. It was you who framed the argument in the context that Labour were leading in the polls “before the split”.

Stop digging.

Yes, and ignored the ones before that, thus cherry-picking them the select four that confirmed your bias. Why not pick the last 5, or 6? You've turned it into a meaningless argument about semantics. It would be very easy for you to not tell me what I meant in a different way and say "well why stop at October?", but the fact remains that Labour have mostly been ahead in the polls before the split. By just choosing four polls, "mostly" could only mean 3/4. Any more would be all, and any less would be <half.

Was it really for you to tell me which defined period of time I was referring to? If you thought I was just referring to the four most recent polls, the 'mistake' is yours. You should acknowledge that Labour have mostly been ahead in the polls before the TIG split, which is what I said.

No, not at the moment

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 16:21 - Feb 25 with 2401 viewsGlasgowBlue

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 16:13 - Feb 25 by ZedRodgers

Yes, and ignored the ones before that, thus cherry-picking them the select four that confirmed your bias. Why not pick the last 5, or 6? You've turned it into a meaningless argument about semantics. It would be very easy for you to not tell me what I meant in a different way and say "well why stop at October?", but the fact remains that Labour have mostly been ahead in the polls before the split. By just choosing four polls, "mostly" could only mean 3/4. Any more would be all, and any less would be <half.

Was it really for you to tell me which defined period of time I was referring to? If you thought I was just referring to the four most recent polls, the 'mistake' is yours. You should acknowledge that Labour have mostly been ahead in the polls before the TIG split, which is what I said.

I picked the ones published in February. They were the most recent and were in the context of you framing the argument that Labour were leading in the polls until the split. All of the polls were both recent, so relevant, and before the split.

Next. Zed posts the league table from October to show we aren’t as far behind 4th bottom as we are now.

Iron Lion Zion

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 16:21 - Feb 25 with 2404 viewsChampionship

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 16:08 - Feb 25 by footers

TIG have been talking about who they want their leader to be. Whaddaya reckon?

Umunna - Evens
Wollaston - 3/1

Any other markets needed?

I envision this 'discussion' to have been a Chuka monologue. Probably standing in front of a mirror.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2019 16:10]

Chuka makes Corbyn look statesmanlike when he's being interviewed. He is awful in interviews where it starts to go against him. Looks like a child being told off.
great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 16:41 - Feb 25 with 2373 viewsGlasgowBlue

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 15:02 - Feb 25 by Darth_Koont

That's fair enough. The research shows antisemitism and other forms of racism throughout society — left, centre and right.

Entirely different to be calling a party institutionally racist and especially trying to put all that at the door of one man.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/24/tom-watson-corbyn-needs-to-unde

Labour’s deputy leader, Tom Watson, challenged Jeremy Corbyn directly on Sunday to address what he called “a crisis for the soul of the Labour party”

Watson said he had received 50 complaints about antisemitism from colleagues in the past week,which he had forwarded to Corbyn.

Details of the dossier, seen by the Guardian, include Labour members sending tweets linking Hitler and the Rothschilds, accusing Jews of murdering children and questioning whether Jewish MPs and councillors have “human blood”.

One member tweeted, “Wonder why Jewish people are hated wherever they’ve settled over last 2000 years. Their double dealing, back stabbing, cheating chilling coldness has always only one outcome. I wonder what the average period of time is before people fed up with the anti-social Jews kick em out.”

Seriously. How much longer are you going to put your head in the sand?

Iron Lion Zion

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 16:50 - Feb 25 with 2355 viewsZedRodgers

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 16:21 - Feb 25 by GlasgowBlue

I picked the ones published in February. They were the most recent and were in the context of you framing the argument that Labour were leading in the polls until the split. All of the polls were both recent, so relevant, and before the split.

Next. Zed posts the league table from October to show we aren’t as far behind 4th bottom as we are now.

Your hilarious analogy would only make sense if we had won all of our games since October except for two, but had just had a very out of character blip and lost the last four.

It would make more sense if you made the same analogy with the Conservatives - losing all but 2 games since October, before managing to win four in a row and claiming that makes us top of the league as a result.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2019 16:59]

No, not at the moment

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 16:53 - Feb 25 with 2350 viewsDarth_Koont

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 16:41 - Feb 25 by GlasgowBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/24/tom-watson-corbyn-needs-to-unde

Labour’s deputy leader, Tom Watson, challenged Jeremy Corbyn directly on Sunday to address what he called “a crisis for the soul of the Labour party”

Watson said he had received 50 complaints about antisemitism from colleagues in the past week,which he had forwarded to Corbyn.

Details of the dossier, seen by the Guardian, include Labour members sending tweets linking Hitler and the Rothschilds, accusing Jews of murdering children and questioning whether Jewish MPs and councillors have “human blood”.

One member tweeted, “Wonder why Jewish people are hated wherever they’ve settled over last 2000 years. Their double dealing, back stabbing, cheating chilling coldness has always only one outcome. I wonder what the average period of time is before people fed up with the anti-social Jews kick em out.”

Seriously. How much longer are you going to put your head in the sand?

Depends. How long are you going to weaponise antisemitism?

We KNOW antisemitism exists and also in the Labour party. But you and other leading critics calling Corbyn a racist and an antisemite, and the party institutionally antisemitic all of a sudden, goes somewhere rather nasty and untruthful though.

Your MO is using evidence of the former to suggest the latter which is more than a little dishonest and manipulative.

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 17:10 - Feb 25 with 2316 viewsGlasgowBlue

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 16:53 - Feb 25 by Darth_Koont

Depends. How long are you going to weaponise antisemitism?

We KNOW antisemitism exists and also in the Labour party. But you and other leading critics calling Corbyn a racist and an antisemite, and the party institutionally antisemitic all of a sudden, goes somewhere rather nasty and untruthful though.

Your MO is using evidence of the former to suggest the latter which is more than a little dishonest and manipulative.

I see you have shifted your position lately. In the summer, it was a very small problem in the Labour Party. Mostly blown out of proportion by “the Israel lobby (yawn)”.

Now, as Jewish MP’s are bullied out if the party and even Lansman is sayingbwhat I’ve been saying fir Lord knows how long, your defence is no longer of the Labour Party but if Corbyn himself.

Hillarious to see Sky News yesterday reporting that Corbyn’s people called the studio to refute Chuka’s stament that Corbyn had said something racist towards all British Jews and instead he had only said something racist about two particular British Jews.

This is Labour in 2019. Not a hill I’d be particularly proud to die on but you carry on sunbeam.

Iron Lion Zion

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 17:29 - Feb 25 with 2301 viewsDarth_Koont

great interview by Chukka now with Sophie Ridge on 17:10 - Feb 25 by GlasgowBlue

I see you have shifted your position lately. In the summer, it was a very small problem in the Labour Party. Mostly blown out of proportion by “the Israel lobby (yawn)”.

Now, as Jewish MP’s are bullied out if the party and even Lansman is sayingbwhat I’ve been saying fir Lord knows how long, your defence is no longer of the Labour Party but if Corbyn himself.

Hillarious to see Sky News yesterday reporting that Corbyn’s people called the studio to refute Chuka’s stament that Corbyn had said something racist towards all British Jews and instead he had only said something racist about two particular British Jews.

This is Labour in 2019. Not a hill I’d be particularly proud to die on but you carry on sunbeam.

Then you've not been listening.

And it is a small problem for the Labour Party itself because it is about society not them and in particular Corbyn, which is the insinuation you've been trying to make stick from day one.

You're running scared of that Joan Ryan video, Margaret Hodge's conflation of society's antisemitism with what she's actually meant to be accusing Corbyn of, the Labour Party's records of how incidents have been reported and investigated etc. Because the truth starts casting real doubt on the accusations you're making.

Watch that filmed incident with Ryan and then maybe you'll understand a little of what I've been saying about this. It's a little frightening to see that you and others with strong opinions can't even watch it and then comment. That must be some belief system you're holding onto.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024