Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry up the creek 10:16 - Feb 22 with 7194 viewsStourbridgeblue

Looks like Coventry could be expelled from the league. https://www.efl.com/news/2019/february/efl-statement-coventry-city

Poll: What do you want on Sunday?

Coventry up the creek on 14:52 - Feb 22 with 1941 viewsFtnfwest

Coventry up the creek on 12:38 - Feb 22 by giant_stow

Why won't the council and wasps just do a deal to let them play at the ricoh. (or however it's spelt)

Would be a nice idea if Coventry didn’t keep suing wasps and the council over various issues
Coventry up the creek on 15:23 - Feb 22 with 1913 viewsSeablu

Coventry up the creek on 14:18 - Feb 22 by Harry_Palmer

Yes that really was a great final.

I feel so sorry for their supporters, if ever I have wanted a very rich person ( with good intentions ) to come and rescue a football club it is now for Coventry City.

Wouldn't be averse to said rich person having a little sniff our way first..
That said, I agree that Coventry fans have endured a hideous last 15 years or so.
Coventry up the creek on 16:25 - Feb 22 with 1866 viewsRadlett_blue

Coventry up the creek on 14:52 - Feb 22 by Ftnfwest

Would be a nice idea if Coventry didn’t keep suing wasps and the council over various issues

I presume the litigiousness is down to Sisu, the hedge fund who own Coventry City.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Coventry up the creek on 16:34 - Feb 22 with 1857 viewsBlacknGoldnBlue

Coventry up the creek on 13:13 - Feb 22 by Radlett_blue

Sisu aren't the problem as far as renting the Ricoh Arena is concerned. It is now owned by Wasps RFC & you would think that a deal can be done, although Wasps know that Coventry have no other realistic options so they are holding out for a high rent.

Wasps aren't holding out for a higher rent! SISU are taking legal action against Wasps and Cov Council and both Cov Council and Wasps have said they will not enter negotiations about Cov playing there until there owners drop the legal action.
Wasps already allowed Cov to play there an extra year after previous deal expired!

Poll: Will Ipswich be relegated this season?

Coventry up the creek on 18:59 - Feb 22 with 1802 viewsstrikalite

Any decent players worth having?

Vultures circling...
Coventry up the creek on 19:26 - Feb 22 with 1792 viewssoclopath

Coventry up the creek on 10:46 - Feb 22 by hatch

My mate is a big Cov fan and it does put our demise into perspective when you look at them. What an awful couple of decades it has been for them.

Coventry already figjting developers to save their speedway / stock car stadium.
Coventry up the creek on 20:27 - Feb 22 with 1766 viewsBinner

Coventry up the creek on 13:00 - Feb 22 by GlasgowBlue

Desperately sad for a club who in recent memory played in the Premier League.

I still remember their FA Cup win against Spurs as if it was yesterday. In my top 5 favourite FA Cup finals.

My ex-wife's cousin has a winner's medal from that game.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Coventry up the creek on 20:40 - Feb 22 with 1754 viewsjas0999

Just goes to show that relegation can be an extremely bad thing.
Login to get fewer ads

Coventry up the creek on 20:42 - Feb 22 with 1756 viewsLord_Lucan

I’ve never forgiven them for invading the churchmans in 1976 and hitting me on the snout.

B0llox to them and I hope the lanky ginger bully is still alive to witness it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Coventry up the creek on 20:47 - Feb 22 with 1749 viewsRyorry

Coventry up the creek on 16:34 - Feb 22 by BlacknGoldnBlue

Wasps aren't holding out for a higher rent! SISU are taking legal action against Wasps and Cov Council and both Cov Council and Wasps have said they will not enter negotiations about Cov playing there until there owners drop the legal action.
Wasps already allowed Cov to play there an extra year after previous deal expired!

There are definitely owners worse than ME then.

Poor Cov City & their fans, perhaps they can do a FC Wimbledon? Might be better off taking that path - tough tho.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Coventry up the creek on 20:50 - Feb 22 with 1743 viewsPJH

Coventry up the creek on 20:42 - Feb 22 by Lord_Lucan

I’ve never forgiven them for invading the churchmans in 1976 and hitting me on the snout.

B0llox to them and I hope the lanky ginger bully is still alive to witness it.

I remember a game at Highfield Road, probably our 2-0 win in 1968/69, when there were running battles going on and I think I watched that game from three different stands.
Much more recently but when they were still at Highfield Road we got a brick through the coach window shortly after leaving the ground-I think we won that one as well with I think Dean Bowditch one of our scorers.
Coventry up the creek on 22:06 - Feb 22 with 1705 viewsParisBlue

Coventry up the creek on 13:00 - Feb 22 by GlasgowBlue

Desperately sad for a club who in recent memory played in the Premier League.

I still remember their FA Cup win against Spurs as if it was yesterday. In my top 5 favourite FA Cup finals.

Any mention of that cup final always makes me think of this...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Coventry up the creek on 10:26 - Feb 23 with 1623 viewsRadlett_blue

Coventry up the creek on 16:34 - Feb 22 by BlacknGoldnBlue

OK thanks - so it's the dubious legal tactics from Sisu which have led Wasps to refuse to negotiate. I thought Wasps now owned the Ricoh Arena 100% so don't see how the council would be involved in a renting decision, although I guess Sisu are sueing the council as they used to jointly own the ground.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Coventry up the creek on 10:43 - Feb 23 with 1613 viewsKievthegreat

Coventry up the creek on 10:26 - Feb 23 by Radlett_blue

OK thanks - so it's the dubious legal tactics from Sisu which have led Wasps to refuse to negotiate. I thought Wasps now owned the Ricoh Arena 100% so don't see how the council would be involved in a renting decision, although I guess Sisu are sueing the council as they used to jointly own the ground.

Wasps bought a 250 year lease, hence they are now the Landlords for Cov/SISU to negotiate with and are for all intents the owner for the next couple of centuries.

Not sure what options the council still have as freehold owner and whether they can do anything, but even if the club owners are being (and have been for several years) massive tw@ts, forcing Coventry City out of existence is a bad look.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024