Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stat of the day 20:52 - Feb 16 with 2351 viewsChampionship

People seem to love posting stats when they show the opposition created more chances etc but haven't seen any posted today. The one that stands out is Stoke had one single shot on target.

They had a strong attacking side -

Stoke
1Butland
30Edwards
14Batth
15Martins Indi
22Clucas
4Allen
38Woods - Adam 81'minutes
8Etebo
7Ince - Shawcross 89'minutes
10Vokes
11McClean - Afobe 76'minutes

Sounds like our makeshift back 4 really did a decent job. If only we had a striker who could consistently stick the ball in the net.
Stat of the day on 20:57 - Feb 16 with 2306 viewsGuthrum

That is really what would make the difference. Stick someone like Pukki on the front end of our team to feed off Judge's creativity and we'd be lethal.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Stat of the day on 21:00 - Feb 16 with 2285 viewsxrayspecs

I do wonder though what would have happened if they had not sold Crouch during the January transfer window. Could have been a very different outcome.
Stat of the day on 21:03 - Feb 16 with 2258 viewsKieran_Knows

Yer yer, but Lambert is only good at the off field stuff.

Or something like that.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Stat of the day on 21:04 - Feb 16 with 2253 viewsChampionship

Stat of the day on 21:00 - Feb 16 by xrayspecs

I do wonder though what would have happened if they had not sold Crouch during the January transfer window. Could have been a very different outcome.

That's like saying it could be different if we had Waghorn. They made a choice like Hurst did. You can't have it both ways.
Stat of the day on 21:15 - Feb 16 with 2210 viewsKeaneish

I thought our midfield's shape was the key today. Whenever they broke with width we collapsed the diamond to drop Bishop, Judge and Nolan into the holes. It never gave them much space and other than those balls in from Tom Ince in the first half, they didn't cause us much to worry about. Can't remember a time they really got around us or in behind us.

Have to also say, our pressing has been excellent In the last four games.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Stat of the day on 03:18 - Feb 17 with 1993 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Stoke hadn’t scored in 4 games prior to today - lots of big names who were decent in 2015 but a quality attacking side today they are not

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Stat of the day on 07:41 - Feb 17 with 1920 viewsKieran_Knows

Stat of the day on 03:18 - Feb 17 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Stoke hadn’t scored in 4 games prior to today - lots of big names who were decent in 2015 but a quality attacking side today they are not

I don’t think they’d have scored yesterday either if it wasn’t for our c*ck up.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Stat of the day on 08:29 - Feb 17 with 1834 viewstractorboy7777

Stat of the day on 21:15 - Feb 16 by Keaneish

I thought our midfield's shape was the key today. Whenever they broke with width we collapsed the diamond to drop Bishop, Judge and Nolan into the holes. It never gave them much space and other than those balls in from Tom Ince in the first half, they didn't cause us much to worry about. Can't remember a time they really got around us or in behind us.

The diamond collapsing was something I noticed against Derby but I felt Downes did a better job of that than Nolan. Against Derby, when the diamond collapsed, Bishop would cover the right side and Downs the left to cover the full backs. I felt Nolan, particularly in the first half stayed very central which exposed Kenlock

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

Login to get fewer ads

Stat of the day on 08:38 - Feb 17 with 1801 viewstextbackup

Stat of the day on 08:29 - Feb 17 by tractorboy7777

The diamond collapsing was something I noticed against Derby but I felt Downes did a better job of that than Nolan. Against Derby, when the diamond collapsed, Bishop would cover the right side and Downs the left to cover the full backs. I felt Nolan, particularly in the first half stayed very central which exposed Kenlock

there's no doubt about it, downes is far superior to Nolan. Nolan is just so, errr cant think of the word, just lacking in fight urgency etc. hopefully PL can work his midfield mind and take up up a level or two

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Stat of the day on 09:10 - Feb 17 with 1750 viewsLankHenners

They had plenty of space and got the better of Kenlock almost every time they attacked down his side. Vokes missed an absolute sitter from an Ince cross. They got themselves into decent positions plenty of times but their final ball was as good as ours was so never made the most of it.

It was two not very good teams playing ok in spells but not doing enough to win the game.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Stat of the day on 09:17 - Feb 17 with 1725 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Stat of the day on 03:18 - Feb 17 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Indeed. We of all people should be well aware that a team on paper is very different from what it can be on the pitch.

Stoke have been dreadful under Jones. In fact, none of the managers linked with us in the summer is currently proving successful. Hurst was the worst but Lampard, Jones and Ross are all looking likely to leave their clubs before next season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Stat of the day on 11:18 - Feb 17 with 1617 viewsBlueBadger

Stat of the day on 08:38 - Feb 17 by textbackup

there's no doubt about it, downes is far superior to Nolan. Nolan is just so, errr cant think of the word, just lacking in fight urgency etc. hopefully PL can work his midfield mind and take up up a level or two

Nolan is basically Lee Martin without the running around and occasionally getting sent off. I'm half expecting him to have a flurry of goals in March.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Stat of the day on 11:22 - Feb 17 with 1606 viewsitfctim

Should have stopped at collapsed...
Stat of the day on 11:48 - Feb 17 with 1571 viewspointofblue

Stat of the day on 08:38 - Feb 17 by textbackup

He's too slow reading the game IMO; he doesn't read where the ball is going to go when defending and attacking leaving him a step or so behind play. Maybe at League One level he'll have more time to adjust.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024