Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two young full-backs and young central back form their defence 19:41 - Feb 2 with 1650 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Aarons, Lewis and CB in Godfrey. What young gems ! What are they doing that we can't? Why have our entire defence and the players 'protecting' it been such a shower this season?

To think people keep raving about our youth system.
Two young full-backs and young central back form their defence on 19:45 - Feb 2 with 1589 viewsBluefish

Surely after hating our team under enough managers you have to admit that you have your expectations wrong at some point?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Two young full-backs and young central back form their defence on 19:47 - Feb 2 with 1547 viewsReuser_is_God

There is also a core of senior pros on top of their game, which helps the younger lads massively.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Two young full-backs and young central back form their defence on 19:48 - Feb 2 with 1523 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Two young full-backs and young central back form their defence on 19:45 - Feb 2 by Bluefish

Surely after hating our team under enough managers you have to admit that you have your expectations wrong at some point?

So I have to accept that under Evans we're a becoming a Third Division club don't I?
Two young full-backs and young central back form their defence on 19:49 - Feb 2 with 1501 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Two young full-backs and young central back form their defence on 19:47 - Feb 2 by Reuser_is_God

There is also a core of senior pros on top of their game, which helps the younger lads massively.

We have Skuse don't we? According to some he has been magnificent player for us.

And Chambers. And Knudsen.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2019 19:51]
Two young full-backs and young central back form their defence on 19:50 - Feb 2 with 1502 viewsbournemouthblue

Selling Maddison for £25 million probably helped a little?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Two young full-backs and young central back form their defence on 19:50 - Feb 2 with 1493 viewsBluefish

Two young full-backs and young central back form their defence on 19:48 - Feb 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

So I have to accept that under Evans we're a becoming a Third Division club don't I?

Yes you do but then you will learn that that won't change under different owners either. New manager nor new owners can guarantee us to reach the level we were under Mick. Size wise we are bottom half championship or top half division 3.

Two young full-backs and young central back form their defence on 19:54 - Feb 2 with 1425 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Two young full-backs and young central back form their defence on 19:50 - Feb 2 by Bluefish

Yes you do but then you will learn that that won't change under different owners either. New manager nor new owners can guarantee us to reach the level we were under Mick. Size wise we are bottom half championship or top half division 3.

No I don't. You can accept that Evans has completely ruined this club not me.

What 'special level' were we under that nasty mccarthy? 15th in the Championship and celebrating 1-0 away wins at Derby like we won World Cup?

You can accept us being tinpot but spare us that stupid theory.

Anyway the thread was about something else.
Two young full-backs and young central back form their defence on 19:56 - Feb 2 with 1405 viewsNWBlue

Two young full-backs and young central back form their defence on 19:50 - Feb 2 by Bluefish

Let's get real. They are a football club and we are an utter shower.
Login to get fewer ads

Two young full-backs and young central back form their defence on 19:58 - Feb 2 with 1364 viewsBluefish

Two young full-backs and young central back form their defence on 19:54 - Feb 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

No I don't. You can accept that Evans has completely ruined this club not me.

What 'special level' were we under that nasty mccarthy? 15th in the Championship and celebrating 1-0 away wins at Derby like we won World Cup?

You can accept us being tinpot but spare us that stupid theory.

Anyway the thread was about something else.

Evans has put more money in than any person ever in the history of itfc. The game moved on and took small over achieving clubs out of the game (see Coventry, Charlton etc)

You will always be angry until you accept our place in football. The sad thing is that it won't bring back the era that we over achieved in

Don't forget where BFJ left usblong before mick or Marcus
[Post edited 2 Feb 2019 21:16]

Two young full-backs and young central back form their defence on 19:58 - Feb 2 with 1363 viewschristiand

Two young full-backs and young central back form their defence on 19:50 - Feb 2 by bournemouthblue

Selling Maddison for £25 million probably helped a little?

Yes, without doubt. However, from the outside, when they encounter a knock back they have contingency plans already in place and respond positively - look at them this season. I worry about us, we seem to operate in the short term and react when something goes wrong rather than proactively. I can't see us bouncing back from League 1, like them up the road, we'll just languish in that division and 'HOPE' something happens - more through luck than judgement!!! Just poor leadership all round, but that's the Marcus Evans era for you at Ipswich Town FC, hugely underwhelming!!!
[Post edited 2 Feb 2019 20:11]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Two young full-backs and young central back form their defence on 20:04 - Feb 2 with 1269 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Two young full-backs and young central back form their defence on 19:58 - Feb 2 by Bluefish

Evans has put more money in than any person ever in the history of itfc. The game moved on and took small over achieving clubs out of the game (see Coventry, Charlton etc)

You will always be angry until you accept our place in football. The sad thing is that it won't bring back the era that we over achieved in

Don't forget where BFJ left usblong before mick or Marcus
[Post edited 2 Feb 2019 21:16]

Evans has ruined this club. Even Luton are on the way to overtake us despite having been in non-league not so long ago.

The game moved on but Evans thinks it is still 2008. Just because Evans destroyed us doesn't mean that I as a fan have to accept we are on the par with Burtons, Barnsleys. That is your weird stance and you are entitled to accept it.

Don't forget that Magilton started all this rot by wasting cash on some utterly useless journeymen. He ought to have been sacked long before he was.

Anyway the question in the OP was about Norwich, their young players and comparison to us.
Two young full-backs and young central back form their defence on 20:06 - Feb 2 with 1246 viewsTrequartista

Incredible isn't it. Those three came through their academy and are aged 19, 20 and 21. Our academy players seem to hit a brick wall when they hit the first team.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024