Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dawkins 08:19 - Jan 14 with 1491 viewsmarkand1986

Morning all. Great win saturday and the new signings seemed to gel pretty well collectively. I have seen Dawko get some stick over the weekend which seems harsh as I thought he looked really lively and looked like he may produce some magic to get us that killer second. Really hope he starts saturday.
Dawkins on 08:25 - Jan 14 with 1433 viewsparkinshair

Out of the new signings he has the least impressive pedigree so I think people are judging him harshly and expecting him to fail. He wasn't on for long Saturday and joined the match when we were largely under the cosh, a bit of patience is needed from the supporters.

Its all eggs, baked beans, and a fried slice
Blog: A New Hope Has Quickly Turned into Carry On Screaming

Dawkins on 08:29 - Jan 14 with 1413 viewswkj

While I look forward to seeing the end result of Dawkins, hopefully better than we saw on Saturday, I don't feel he is anywhere close to First 11 status as it stands

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Dawkins on 08:35 - Jan 14 with 1377 viewsnodge_blue

I'm really not sure how you can say he looked really lively. He barely touched the ball. He needs to be given a chance but first impressions are not great.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Dawkins on 08:41 - Jan 14 with 1334 viewsunstableblue

We did not see enough of him, or from him, in what had become some manic bonkers maelstrom of a second half, where no town player stood out apart from the 4 defenders - then Toto.

So I don't we can really pass any judgement on Dawkins.

My thought is he will be an impact player.

With Lankester, Bishop, and Huws ahead of him in the pecking order for a first team place.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Dawkins on 08:54 - Jan 14 with 1263 viewsskyblue23

Whilst I understand we can judge him on that performance too much, I can't see how you can say you hope he starts next game either. That would mean taking the place of Lankaster who doesn't deserve to be dropped!

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Dawkins on 09:23 - Jan 14 with 1137 viewsSuperfrans

He came on with 15 mins to go and when e barely had the ball. he needs to be given a bit more of a chance than that. Besides which, he may be on a pay-as-you-play deal or all we know - or at best a pretty low salary. He's been earning nothing for months, so his negotiating position wouldn't have been very strong.

In any case, looks like Judge might be in by this coming weekend. I'd expect him to be competing for that slot. And he's more of a Pilkington alternative, isn't he?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Dawkins on 09:31 - Jan 14 with 1103 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

All of the new signings looked a little rusty and lacking fitness or match sharpness to varying degrees.. But I thought Dawkins looked so far off the pace it was very detrimental to the side given the situation of the game.

Obviously for the likes of Quaner to get through 60 minutes will be great as you could see there was a player in there, but Dawkins looked like he might well need a lot lot longer to get near the level needed to impact on games.

Hopefully he'll get some minutes for the U23's and can contribute from the bench for the 1st team for the next few weeks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024