Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watson calls time on Evans 16:41 - Jan 6 with 7903 viewsVeryStableGenius

This is long overdue, IMHO.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/the-verdict-accrington-1-ipswic
Watson calls time on Evans on 16:43 - Jan 6 with 6522 viewsFixed_It

But if you read it - he actually doesn't.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Watson calls time on Evans on 16:47 - Jan 6 with 6456 viewsVeryStableGenius

Watson calls time on Evans on 16:43 - Jan 6 by Fixed_It

‘Marcus Evans — it’s time to go.

You can’t afford to make Ipswich Town Football Club competitive anymore.’
Watson calls time on Evans on 16:47 - Jan 6 with 6446 viewsFreddy

Headline is '' Time to go Marcus... but you already knew that ''

Think that's clear enough
Watson calls time on Evans on 16:48 - Jan 6 with 6440 viewswkj

Yikes at comments

"If you're going to run stories with headlines like this, stop being such melts and resisting communications with fans who want to use local press to organise protests - You lot just say what you think fans want to hear but never back the people who support the club at all."

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Watson calls time on Evans on 16:48 - Jan 6 with 6426 viewsFixed_It

Watson calls time on Evans on 16:47 - Jan 6 by VeryStableGenius

But also the acknowledgement that it really isn't that straightforward.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Watson calls time on Evans on 16:51 - Jan 6 with 6388 viewsArnieM

I think EADT has finally spoken up because Lambert has mentioned the elephant in the room. But disappointing really that the local press hasn’t pushed Evans far more then they ever have done in the last decade.

I noticed also some of the Town fans from the Northern Supporters Branch posted on FB that Town fans have got what we deserve, because he have never been vocal enough against Evans. They have a point really, because all the home fans have ever done is been vocal against the manager. Rarely the wonder. He’s escaped very very lightly ....is this about to change I wonder?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Watson calls time on Evans on 16:52 - Jan 6 with 6356 viewsVeryStableGenius

Watson calls time on Evans on 16:48 - Jan 6 by Fixed_It

But also the acknowledgement that it really isn't that straightforward.

I never said anything about how straightforward this would be - that’s assumed.
Watson calls time on Evans on 17:03 - Jan 6 with 6174 viewsVeryStableGenius

Watson calls time on Evans on 16:51 - Jan 6 by ArnieM

I think EADT has finally spoken up because Lambert has mentioned the elephant in the room. But disappointing really that the local press hasn’t pushed Evans far more then they ever have done in the last decade.

I noticed also some of the Town fans from the Northern Supporters Branch posted on FB that Town fans have got what we deserve, because he have never been vocal enough against Evans. They have a point really, because all the home fans have ever done is been vocal against the manager. Rarely the wonder. He’s escaped very very lightly ....is this about to change I wonder?

Agree. My hope is that the Star takes a much more robust approach to their relationship with Evans.

A football club is a community asset, so far ME hasn’t been held in any way accountable for the way that he has overseen it’s gradual decline. The last ten years has been death by a thousand cuts.

I accept that ME has, to an extent, put has own money into the club, but he has been utterly atrocious in so many other ways - not least his lack of visibility.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 17:04]
Login to get fewer ads

Watson calls time on Evans on 17:13 - Jan 6 with 6075 viewsStokieBlue

Watson calls time on Evans on 16:47 - Jan 6 by VeryStableGenius

Nice cherry picking.

I'm sure Evans is looking forward to your bid.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Watson calls time on Evans on 17:14 - Jan 6 with 6042 viewsBlueBadger

The response to the video interview on here was telling. He didn't say anything really very different to how he's approached the club over the last decade or so, but because he was doing it on a video a large section of our fanbase lapped it up.
I'm guessing that he learnt 'they'll always fall for a good presser' from Roy Keane along with his 'don't give you managers any money, they'll only waste it'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Watson calls time on Evans on 17:16 - Jan 6 with 6026 viewsfooters

Watson calls time on Evans on 17:14 - Jan 6 by BlueBadger

The response to the video interview on here was telling. He didn't say anything really very different to how he's approached the club over the last decade or so, but because he was doing it on a video a large section of our fanbase lapped it up.
I'm guessing that he learnt 'they'll always fall for a good presser' from Roy Keane along with his 'don't give you managers any money, they'll only waste it'.

Just you wait for next season's six-point plan.

Point 1: Return to the Championship

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Watson calls time on Evans on 17:17 - Jan 6 with 6019 viewsStokieBlue

Watson calls time on Evans on 17:14 - Jan 6 by BlueBadger

What's your solution badger?

He's said he will sell if he gets an acceptable offer. Nobody here is going to make an acceptable offer so what is the point in going on at Evans? He keeps the club we all love in existence, that's better than no club at all. Even the article acknowledges that.

SB

Watson calls time on Evans on 17:23 - Jan 6 with 5930 viewsstonojnr

Watson calls time on Evans on 17:03 - Jan 6 by VeryStableGenius

Agree. My hope is that the Star takes a much more robust approach to their relationship with Evans.

A football club is a community asset, so far ME hasn’t been held in any way accountable for the way that he has overseen it’s gradual decline. The last ten years has been death by a thousand cuts.

I accept that ME has, to an extent, put has own money into the club, but he has been utterly atrocious in so many other ways - not least his lack of visibility.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 17:04]

and shoot themselves in the foot doing so ? you think the people running the club are going to turn round now and go my god you're right weve been doing this wrong for the past decade, cheers for pointing it out.

the star, and lesser extent EADT, rely heavily on ITFC to fill their pages with something resembling content, do you really think Geater writing articles about the Cornhill every week really sells papers or advertising, it keeps Ipswich central happy for sure but no-one buys the newspaper or clicks on the website to find out anything much more than how the Town are doing or whats happening at the club. If the paper starts chucking brickbats at the club, theyll slowly lose their access, then see how well their advertising numbers stack up then.
Watson calls time on Evans on 17:25 - Jan 6 with 5898 viewsVeryStableGenius

Watson calls time on Evans on 17:13 - Jan 6 by StokieBlue

Nice cherry picking.

I'm sure Evans is looking forward to your bid.

SB

My point was that this article represents a change in tack from the Star.

The fact that I can’t, unfortunately, afford to make a bid is completely reductive reasoning.
Watson calls time on Evans on 17:27 - Jan 6 with 5867 viewsIllinoisblue

Watson calls time on Evans on 17:23 - Jan 6 by stonojnr

and shoot themselves in the foot doing so ? you think the people running the club are going to turn round now and go my god you're right weve been doing this wrong for the past decade, cheers for pointing it out.

the star, and lesser extent EADT, rely heavily on ITFC to fill their pages with something resembling content, do you really think Geater writing articles about the Cornhill every week really sells papers or advertising, it keeps Ipswich central happy for sure but no-one buys the newspaper or clicks on the website to find out anything much more than how the Town are doing or whats happening at the club. If the paper starts chucking brickbats at the club, theyll slowly lose their access, then see how well their advertising numbers stack up then.

losing access wouldn't be a big deal; Watson and Warren could still do their thing as paying fans. And the bad publicity generated by banning journalists means Evans would never do it anyway. (That and the fact he's probably past caring by now).

Also, how many people have the Star or EADT as their go-to source for ITFC news and updates? surely it's TWTD first?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Watson calls time on Evans on 17:30 - Jan 6 with 5818 viewsPopeye

Lambert has said in his pressers that Evans seems to be around the club more at the moment. II think Lambert has also said about “taking your eye off the ball” which I think is him alluding to the fact that Evans wasn’t around the club enough to see what was going on when Hurst and possibly MM were in charge and maybe left it to others at the club who probably told him what he wanted to hear rather than seeing the truth with his own eyes. The academy seems to be in a good state with Klug at the helm but even Hurst said that he wanted to make changes that was deeper and wider than he was allowed to which could suggest there were problems when MM was in charge. Clearly at first team level is where the problems are whether it be coaching, scouting, and signing of players. This summer, player recruitment was poor, ill informed. Was it entirely Hurst’s fault, did ME and his cronies do enough due diligence, what was Dave Bowman involvement as Director of Football in this as he is supposed to be head of scouting?
Watson calls time on Evans on 17:31 - Jan 6 with 5802 viewsJ2BLUE

Watson calls time on Evans on 17:27 - Jan 6 by Illinoisblue

losing access wouldn't be a big deal; Watson and Warren could still do their thing as paying fans. And the bad publicity generated by banning journalists means Evans would never do it anyway. (That and the fact he's probably past caring by now).

Also, how many people have the Star or EADT as their go-to source for ITFC news and updates? surely it's TWTD first?

I'm so jealous of Warren. He was in my year and now he's a sports writer covering Town. Life doesn't seem fair.

Only saving grace is that he was a decent guy and not a complete bell.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Watson calls time on Evans on 17:33 - Jan 6 with 5768 viewsStokieBlue

Watson calls time on Evans on 17:25 - Jan 6 by VeryStableGenius

My point was that this article represents a change in tack from the Star.

The fact that I can’t, unfortunately, afford to make a bid is completely reductive reasoning.

I think it's pretty difficult to make a constructive argument that the Star ever has a coherent tack.

SB

Watson calls time on Evans on 17:33 - Jan 6 with 5762 viewsBlueBadger

Watson calls time on Evans on 17:17 - Jan 6 by StokieBlue

What's your solution badger?

He's said he will sell if he gets an acceptable offer. Nobody here is going to make an acceptable offer so what is the point in going on at Evans? He keeps the club we all love in existence, that's better than no club at all. Even the article acknowledges that.

SB

Look, I'm only here to offer smart-arsed and snide comments, solutions are for actual clever people.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 17:38]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Watson calls time on Evans on 17:34 - Jan 6 with 5755 viewsIllinoisblue

Watson calls time on Evans on 17:31 - Jan 6 by J2BLUE

I'm so jealous of Warren. He was in my year and now he's a sports writer covering Town. Life doesn't seem fair.

Only saving grace is that he was a decent guy and not a complete bell.

you say that, though, but having to work on Saturdays? Fook that. And they say you should never meet your heroes too. I'd be interested to hear Phil's view on working on something you love. Would he swap his years of access and pressers and texts from players to experience life as a regular fan?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Watson calls time on Evans on 17:34 - Jan 6 with 5734 viewsBlueBadger

Watson calls time on Evans on 17:16 - Jan 6 by footers

Just you wait for next season's six-point plan.

Point 1: Return to the Championship

Point 2. [karen can we make sure we re-word and re-order the five point plan so it looks like something new?]

Watson calls time on Evans on 17:59 - Jan 6 with 5552 viewsRegencyBlue

It’s certainly a possibility because Evans is facing an almost perfect storm.

His neglect of the club for several years has finally caught up with him with relegation, barring a miracle, virtually guaranteed.

For the first time one of his managers is publicly telling him precisely how it is.

The fan base, or some of it at least, are beginning to show signs of not being prepared to passively sit back and take it without complaint anymore.

The next few weeks/months have the potential to be quite interesting.
Watson calls time on Evans on 18:15 - Jan 6 with 5411 viewsNazemariner

Never taken any notice of SW. He lacks knowledge of the game in general, and tends to take the popularist viewpoint.
Watson calls time on Evans on 18:19 - Jan 6 with 5363 viewsStokieBlue

Watson calls time on Evans on 17:59 - Jan 6 by RegencyBlue

It’s certainly a possibility because Evans is facing an almost perfect storm.

His neglect of the club for several years has finally caught up with him with relegation, barring a miracle, virtually guaranteed.

For the first time one of his managers is publicly telling him precisely how it is.

The fan base, or some of it at least, are beginning to show signs of not being prepared to passively sit back and take it without complaint anymore.

The next few weeks/months have the potential to be quite interesting.

Can you explain how he has "neglected the club"?

Do you just mean he hasn't invested 100m in players? Neglecting the club would mean letting it go bankrupt which he clearly hasn't done.

SB

Watson calls time on Evans on 18:51 - Jan 6 with 5202 viewsRegencyBlue

Watson calls time on Evans on 18:19 - Jan 6 by StokieBlue

Can you explain how he has "neglected the club"?

Do you just mean he hasn't invested 100m in players? Neglecting the club would mean letting it go bankrupt which he clearly hasn't done.

SB

He hasn’t invested what is required these days to maintain the status quo, let alone to make us competitive. Nobody is saying he should have spent £100 million on players but look at us now, are you honestly saying his strategy has been a success?

He has presided over relentless decline, first of all hiding behind FFP and then the much vaunted five point plan which is the bare minimum any club should be doing. On the way he has lost the best part of 10000 supporters who will not be coming back any time soon I suggest.

I’ve said it before and I will say it again Evans is a chancer who thought he saw a way to make money out of us by buying up the then debt at a fraction of its face value, throwing in a few million to get us promoted and then getting paid back in full. Once that blew up spectacularly in his face he hasn’t had a clue what to do with us since and has let the club drift.

I call that neglect but whatever you call it the result is the same.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024