Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? 15:55 - Jan 4 with 4935 viewsSmithy

Don't see the point of him being here unless you move Chambers out to right back, we have cover in Nsiala and Donacien if needed so Pennington would be a waste of a loan spot, we could also bring back Woolfenden. Similarly Chalobah could drop back or should he be the one returning.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 09:12 - Jan 5 with 550 viewsLankHenners

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 08:57 - Jan 5 by Keaneish

I think if you look at the examples I’ve provided over the last 6 games, he’s not switching off it’s more the poor communication around him and he’s left exposed, Stoke’s second being the perfect example.

In truth, we’re being over run more often than not and it’s largely in part to the system we’re playing.

You're being incredibly generous with a lot of those - the goals for Stoke and Sheff Utd were good quality goals (though you could argue we should have cleared our lines properly for the Utd one which is a shared responsibility). Not sure why you've picked the last 6 either - see Bristol City's 2nd for e.g. where, after Spence doesn't do a good enough job of preventing the cross/making it hard to put it in, Pennington completely loses his man and gives him a free shot at goal.

Even if I agreed with your assessment you've still said he's been at fault for a goal in almost every game which is hardly good. If CCV came in he'd be an immediate upgrade.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 09:13 - Jan 5 with 548 viewsLankHenners

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 08:51 - Jan 5 by PJH

"ok" is not the benchmark for performances but ok is better than poor and poor has been the normal performance of most players in the majority of games this season.

He hasn't been 'ok' either - he's been just as bad if not worse than the other defenders. He's been worse than Knudsen, for example, yet Knudsen is the one who gets all the stick.

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 09:24 - Jan 5 with 540 viewsPJH

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 09:13 - Jan 5 by LankHenners

He hasn't been 'ok' either - he's been just as bad if not worse than the other defenders. He's been worse than Knudsen, for example, yet Knudsen is the one who gets all the stick.

I think the words that are missing from your post are "in my opinion".

In MY opinion he has been one of the least poor players this season.

By definition the POTY should be the player that has had a better season than all of the other players whether that is by being really outstanding in a team full of brilliant performers or just "ok" in a team full of poor performers.

I have already said that in a "normal" season his performances in general would not be good enough but our league position alone proves that this is not a normal season.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2019 9:28]
If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 09:39 - Jan 5 with 526 viewsKeaneish

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 09:24 - Jan 5 by PJH

By definition the POTY should be the player that has had a better season than all of the other players whether that is by being really outstanding in a team full of brilliant performers or just "ok" in a team full of poor performers.

I have already said that in a "normal" season his performances in general would not be good enough but our league position alone proves that this is not a normal season.

Agreed. Looking around there are few candidates for POTY. Sears and Skuse being the other two in a very weak list of options along with Pennington.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 09:46 - Jan 5 with 511 viewsLankHenners

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 09:24 - Jan 5 by PJH

No they're not.

Taking your parameters then the only players who can really be considered so far are Sears and Skuse.

His performances not being good enough has something to do with us being at the bottom of the table.

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 11:39 - Jan 5 with 460 viewsPJH

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 09:46 - Jan 5 by LankHenners

No they're not.

Taking your parameters then the only players who can really be considered so far are Sears and Skuse.

His performances not being good enough has something to do with us being at the bottom of the table.

Every players (and previous Manager's) performances not being good enough has something to do with us being bottom of the league.

We are not going to agree but in my opinion Pennington is having a better season than most, not because he is playing particularly well but because almost everyone is having a poor season(so far) and I think he is less poor than most.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024