Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. 14:51 - Jan 2 with 12371 viewsblueblood66

we would have been invaded. Its not over until its over, when we cannot obtain enough points to survive. Defeatists are asunder, time to pull as one until its done. Then and ONLY then must we call out Evans for what he is and show our utter displeasure and vitriol.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 14:51]
IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 20:04 - Jan 3 with 1728 viewsjeera

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 15:23 - Jan 3 by Oxford_Blue

Rather than using yet another tactic of the left (and indeed right) of ad hominem attacks - what actually do you dispute in the actual words in my post?

You see, that is called an argument and discussion.

As others have pointed out, my post wasn't to you, nor aimed at you.

You really need to stop doing this you know.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 20:39 - Jan 3 with 1717 viewsOxford_Blue

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 20:04 - Jan 3 by jeera

As others have pointed out, my post wasn't to you, nor aimed at you.

You really need to stop doing this you know.

You said in response to a comment about my post which said is was “well put”:

“No it's not well put at all.

I'm pretty much to the left on many matters and find the anti-British crap on this thread insulting at best.

Keep things in perspective instead of taking cheap,worthless shots looking for points.

Millions lost their lives standing up to the Nazi regime. It's not some childish fecking game”.

So you were referring to my post.
IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 20:46 - Jan 3 with 1712 viewsWD19

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 20:39 - Jan 3 by Oxford_Blue

I'm pretty much to the left on many matters and find the anti-British crap on this thread insulting at best.

Keep things in perspective instead of taking cheap,worthless shots looking for points.

Millions lost their lives standing up to the Nazi regime. It's not some childish fecking game”.

I am going to go out on a limb here and suggest jeera has a better grasp of who he was meaning to refer to than you.
IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 21:02 - Jan 3 with 1697 viewsOxford_Blue

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 20:46 - Jan 3 by WD19

I am going to go out on a limb here and suggest jeera has a better grasp of who he was meaning to refer to than you.

Nope. He and you are mistaken.

Read posts at 11.07 and 14.31.

Clearly he’s referring to and criticising the reference at 11.07 to my post.
IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 21:05 - Jan 3 with 1691 viewsWD19

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 21:02 - Jan 3 by Oxford_Blue

OK, clearly my mistake.
IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 21:19 - Jan 3 with 1676 viewsChe

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 08:39 - Jan 3 by 26_Paz

Seriously, just read some actual history before you make yourself look like an idiot on the internet.
What you have written is an absolute insult to those I list below (this is just from the top of my head, I will have missed many, many more examples):
Those lost their lives / homes during the blitz.
Those who lost their lives during the fighting / retreat from Dunkirk.
Those who lost their lives fighting in North Africa.
Those who lost their lives fighting the Japanese in the Far East (not to mention those enslaved by the Japanese).
Those who lost their lives being sunk by U Boats during the battle of the Atlantic.
Those who lost their lives supplying the Soviets in the Arctic convoys (where my Grandfather contracted the lung condition that caused his slow and painful death)
I could go on but don't wish to waste any more time on you. You're an absolute disgrace.

Fantastic post. They don't like it up em those British patriots.
IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 21:29 - Jan 3 with 1665 viewsMullet

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 14:31 - Jan 3 by jeera

No it's not well put at all.

Millions lost their lives standing up to the Nazi regime. It's not some childish fecking game.

The idea that patriotism or respect for the war dead is some sort of right-wing monopoly is almost as disgusting as the "history" being ripped apart here.

It was the left who went and fought Hitler vicariously by fighting Franco in Spain, it was the Mail reading elites who tried to soften up the British public to him in the run up to WW2 after all.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 21:36 - Jan 3 with 1662 viewsOxford_Blue

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 21:29 - Jan 3 by Mullet

The idea that patriotism or respect for the war dead is some sort of right-wing monopoly is almost as disgusting as the "history" being ripped apart here.

It was the left who went and fought Hitler vicariously by fighting Franco in Spain, it was the Mail reading elites who tried to soften up the British public to him in the run up to WW2 after all.

I didn’t suggest the right has a monopoly.

I suggested that it is a leftist slant today to denigrate this country’s history as empire and involvement in the Second World War.
Login to get fewer ads

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 21:48 - Jan 3 with 1643 viewsMullet

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 21:36 - Jan 3 by Oxford_Blue

I didn’t suggest the right has a monopoly.

I suggested that it is a leftist slant today to denigrate this country’s history as empire and involvement in the Second World War.

I was replying to jeera not you. Odd you'd react that way though if you hadn't done so along with the others on this and many other threads over the years.

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 21:50 - Jan 3 with 1644 viewsOxford_Blue

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 21:48 - Jan 3 by Mullet

I was replying to jeera not you. Odd you'd react that way though if you hadn't done so along with the others on this and many other threads over the years.

I know you were replying to Jeera.

I had previously raised the issue of the left and revisionism.

Why get so precious?
IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 21:51 - Jan 3 with 1636 viewsMullet

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 21:50 - Jan 3 by Oxford_Blue

Why get so precious?

That doesn't really work here does it?

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 21:52 - Jan 3 with 1635 viewsOxford_Blue

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 21:51 - Jan 3 by Mullet

That doesn't really work here does it?

What? On a public message board?

I’m struggling to see the problem.

You made a comment. I responded.
IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 21:57 - Jan 3 with 1619 viewsMullet

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 21:52 - Jan 3 by Oxford_Blue

What? On a public message board?

I’m struggling to see the problem.

You made a comment. I responded.

Given you were the one being "precious" and I couldn't have read your mind and anticipated such a perceived slight, it doesn't work. Whether it's a public message board or you shove it up a pigeon and send it to me.

You clearly realised you were wrong and felt rumbled and lashed out I guess. Hence your need to be precious.

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 21:59 - Jan 3 with 1618 viewsArmonista

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 21:50 - Jan 3 by Oxford_Blue

Why get so precious?

I have the strangest feeling that someone was complaining about ad-hominem attacks a mere one page ago. Who could that *possibly* have been?
IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 23:29 - Jan 3 with 1584 viewsjeera

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 20:39 - Jan 3 by Oxford_Blue

You've switched the posts.

And context.

Give up.

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 23:31 - Jan 3 with 1581 viewsjeera

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 21:05 - Jan 3 by WD19

OK, clearly my mistake.

No, it isn't your mistake.

Oxford is keen to make it about him.

Maybe it's an attention thing.

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 23:33 - Jan 3 with 1580 viewsjeera

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 21:02 - Jan 3 by Oxford_Blue

If I wished to make a point to you, then I would have done so.

As it stands, nobody owes you anything.

Kindly wind your neck in.

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 23:49 - Jan 3 with 1568 viewsmos

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 08:39 - Jan 3 by 26_Paz

Seriously, just read some actual history before you make yourself look like an idiot on the internet.
What you have written is an absolute insult to those I list below (this is just from the top of my head, I will have missed many, many more examples):
Those lost their lives / homes during the blitz.
Those who lost their lives during the fighting / retreat from Dunkirk.
Those who lost their lives fighting in North Africa.
Those who lost their lives fighting the Japanese in the Far East (not to mention those enslaved by the Japanese).
Those who lost their lives being sunk by U Boats during the battle of the Atlantic.
Those who lost their lives supplying the Soviets in the Arctic convoys (where my Grandfather contracted the lung condition that caused his slow and painful death)
I could go on but don't wish to waste any more time on you. You're an absolute disgrace.

What’s your take on the SS Exodus event of 1947?

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 00:20 - Jan 4 with 1548 viewsjeera

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 21:59 - Jan 3 by Armonista

I have the strangest feeling that someone was complaining about ad-hominem attacks a mere one page ago. Who could that *possibly* have been?

Your new account seems to have suddenly appeared to make digs and down-votes.

Care to just say who you normally post as?

And which part of what has been said you agree/disagree with?

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 02:11 - Jan 4 with 1521 viewsconnorscontract

Fortunately enough members of the Polish and Czech Air Forces escaped capture, made their way across Europe and joined the RAF, forming the most effective squadron of The Battle of Britain. Without those Eastern European immigrants sacrifice, skill, determination and resolve, we'd have lost, long before the switch in Hitler's tactics to Blitz.

The story of this squadron (one of the 16 Squadrons made up of (or mostly made up of) Eastern European recruits) is told by the RAF Museum website here:

https://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/research/online-exhibitions/the-polish-air-force-in
IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 07:14 - Jan 4 with 1482 views26_Paz

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 23:49 - Jan 3 by mos

What’s your take on the SS Exodus event of 1947?

I don’t know much about that admittedly; however given the ‘discussion’ I was having with Elephantintheroom was about Britain’s efforts in world war 2 between 1939 and 1944 I fail to see how something that happened in 1947 could possibly be relevant.

The Paz Man

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 07:18 - Jan 4 with 1478 views26_Paz

IF in 1939 people had the same resolve as this generation.. on 02:11 - Jan 4 by connorscontract

Fortunately enough members of the Polish and Czech Air Forces escaped capture, made their way across Europe and joined the RAF, forming the most effective squadron of The Battle of Britain. Without those Eastern European immigrants sacrifice, skill, determination and resolve, we'd have lost, long before the switch in Hitler's tactics to Blitz.

The story of this squadron (one of the 16 Squadrons made up of (or mostly made up of) Eastern European recruits) is told by the RAF Museum website here:

https://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/research/online-exhibitions/the-polish-air-force-in

Indeed. People from a huge number of countries sacrificed a great deal to stop a mad man turning Europe into his own personal fiefdom. The efforts of none of these countries, including Britain, should be forgotten or belittled by any ungrateful so and so on an Internet forum from the safety of being behind their keyboard 70 odd years later.

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024