Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A second referendum is looking more likely by the day 16:10 - Dec 11 with 8075 viewsGeoffSentence

Since parliament can't sort this out for themselves.

But what will be on the ballot paper?

My bet is that it would be May's deal vs No Deal.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 20:42 - Dec 11 with 1337 viewsSpruceMoose

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 20:40 - Dec 11 by wkj

That weren't plastic mate

I refused to consider any other possibility than it being plastic. Any other possibilities are too traumatising.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 21:22 - Dec 11 with 1308 viewsXYZ

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 20:25 - Dec 11 by SpruceMoose

You're as much a leaver as Ulla is a Budgie. You realise you blundered.

he's in rehabrexit?
A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 21:32 - Dec 11 with 1294 viewsOxford_Blue

Your post doesn’t explain why a second referendum is more likely.

How would this happen?
A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 21:35 - Dec 11 with 1289 viewswkj

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 21:32 - Dec 11 by Oxford_Blue

Your post doesn’t explain why a second referendum is more likely.

How would this happen?

At the time this was posted, some of the news agencies covering the emergency meeting in commons were making mention of how a second voted was looking more possible now than previously. Hope this helps.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2018 21:35]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 21:39 - Dec 11 with 1279 viewsOxford_Blue

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 21:35 - Dec 11 by wkj

At the time this was posted, some of the news agencies covering the emergency meeting in commons were making mention of how a second voted was looking more possible now than previously. Hope this helps.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2018 21:35]

Not really as I’m interested in the detail.

Who would propose this legislation?

Why would it be passed? The stated and repeated policy of the government and opposition is not to have a second referendum.
A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 21:40 - Dec 11 with 1279 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A second referendum is looking more likely.

Only Conservative members will get a vote and the ballot paper will have 2 options out of Rees-Mogg (or no deal), Gove (or May's deal) and someone unheard of (second referendum or remain).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 21:41 - Dec 11 with 1273 viewswkj

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 21:39 - Dec 11 by Oxford_Blue

Not really as I’m interested in the detail.

Who would propose this legislation?

Why would it be passed? The stated and repeated policy of the government and opposition is not to have a second referendum.

Oh, well, i'm sure the story is still online somewhere should you want to find out the details relating to the post at the time it was made.

Crybaby

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 21:46 - Dec 11 with 1258 viewsOxford_Blue

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 21:40 - Dec 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

A second referendum is looking more likely.

Only Conservative members will get a vote and the ballot paper will have 2 options out of Rees-Mogg (or no deal), Gove (or May's deal) and someone unheard of (second referendum or remain).

So you’re saying there will be a Tory leadership contest and the winner will put forward a second referendum bill?

Where’s the evidence for this?

Please don’t say “the internet”
Login to get fewer ads

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 21:56 - Dec 11 with 1246 viewswkj

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 21:46 - Dec 11 by Oxford_Blue

So you’re saying there will be a Tory leadership contest and the winner will put forward a second referendum bill?

Where’s the evidence for this?

Please don’t say “the internet”

With respect, what are acceptable avenues of evidence?

I mean, the internet has its problems with false reporting, as does mainstream media propped up by political bias. It simply isn't viable to reject entire sources of investigation like that.

Crybaby

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 22:03 - Dec 11 with 1237 viewsOxford_Blue

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 21:56 - Dec 11 by wkj

With respect, what are acceptable avenues of evidence?

I mean, the internet has its problems with false reporting, as does mainstream media propped up by political bias. It simply isn't viable to reject entire sources of investigation like that.

Right, so where is your credible evidence then?

If a politician is reported as making a statement on the BBC then I think it’s more reliable than lazy hearsay.

I don’t get why a new Tory leader who opposed May for her weak line on Brexit and failure to deliver the first referendum would want a second vote. I’m just asking where the evidence is for this.
A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 22:09 - Dec 11 with 1228 viewswkj

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 22:03 - Dec 11 by Oxford_Blue

If a politician is reported as making a statement on the BBC then I think it’s more reliable than lazy hearsay.

I don’t get why a new Tory leader who opposed May for her weak line on Brexit and failure to deliver the first referendum would want a second vote. I’m just asking where the evidence is for this.

This was never an opinion based thread, this was a post made at the time different theories and possibilities were being commented on at the time the commons debate was going on - such is the reason I sign posted you to that.

The OP words the post quite accurately as something looking more likely than before, rather than something that is about to happen, so attempting to hold the OP to task here is not really relevant.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2018 22:10]

Crybaby

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 22:16 - Dec 11 with 1212 viewsOxford_Blue

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 22:09 - Dec 11 by wkj

This was never an opinion based thread, this was a post made at the time different theories and possibilities were being commented on at the time the commons debate was going on - such is the reason I sign posted you to that.

The OP words the post quite accurately as something looking more likely than before, rather than something that is about to happen, so attempting to hold the OP to task here is not really relevant.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2018 22:10]

So the OP just repeats things they don’t know are true or not?

Great.
A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 22:19 - Dec 11 with 1209 viewswkj

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 22:16 - Dec 11 by Oxford_Blue

So the OP just repeats things they don’t know are true or not?

Great.

Great indeed, opening a discussion on it to investigate other people's thoughts on it rather than taking it to heart, much more productive than trying to browbeat and condescend others, especially when the context of the OP was obvious at the time of posting.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2018 22:20]

Crybaby

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 22:22 - Dec 11 with 1200 viewsOxford_Blue

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 22:19 - Dec 11 by wkj

Great indeed, opening a discussion on it to investigate other people's thoughts on it rather than taking it to heart, much more productive than trying to browbeat and condescend others, especially when the context of the OP was obvious at the time of posting.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2018 22:20]

You’re taking it to heart, clearly.

I’m just trying to apply some rigour.
A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 22:24 - Dec 11 with 1199 viewswkj

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 22:22 - Dec 11 by Oxford_Blue

Can you provide evidence that I am taking it to heart, rather than help provide context for the basis of the OP?

Crybaby

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 22:31 - Dec 11 with 1188 viewsOxford_Blue

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 22:24 - Dec 11 by wkj

Can you provide evidence that I am taking it to heart, rather than help provide context for the basis of the OP?

Yes. Your post uses emotional language.

...”much more productive than trying to browbeat and condescend others”

You feel that you’re being talked down to and patronised. That’s an emotional reaction and evidence of taking it to heart.

You weren’t being talked down to by the way!
A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 22:33 - Dec 11 with 1185 viewswkj

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 22:31 - Dec 11 by Oxford_Blue

Yes. Your post uses emotional language.

...”much more productive than trying to browbeat and condescend others”

You feel that you’re being talked down to and patronised. That’s an emotional reaction and evidence of taking it to heart.

You weren’t being talked down to by the way!

Ahhhh I see- sorry about that, unfortunately you are mistaken, as I took nothing to heart.

Apologies if it seemed that way,.

Crybaby

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 22:36 - Dec 11 with 1178 viewsSpruceMoose

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 22:22 - Dec 11 by Oxford_Blue

Seeing as this forum isn't considered any kind of scholarly source, you're probably on the wrong forum bub

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 23:32 - Dec 11 with 1151 viewsHerbivore

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 22:36 - Dec 11 by SpruceMoose

Seeing as this forum isn't considered any kind of scholarly source, you're probably on the wrong forum bub

His application of rigour is also, at best, very patchy. For starters he expects rigour of others whilst displaying little himself.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 23:32 - Dec 11 with 1151 viewsm14_blue

A second referendum is looking more likely by the day on 22:03 - Dec 11 by Oxford_Blue

I guess it’s because we are running out of alternatives.

There isn’t a majority for any of the options in parliament, least of all no deal. The only hope for the Brexit supporting MP’s was to compromise and settle on a deal which meets most, but not all, of their criteria but also avoids alienating the majority of MP’s. However, they are too stubborn/stupid to realise this and, by chasing the impossible, they have jeopardised any Brexit at all.

How else other than a referendum or election can you see the deadlock be broken?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024