Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone seriously care anymore? 18:02 - Dec 8 with 2696 viewsBlueToad

For want of a better cliche, I've been a supporter man & boy. I was there in the 80/90's, play off final at old Wembley, home/away with the UEFA dream.

BUT

I find myself now not giving a feck what happens. The life has been sucked out of this club on and off the pitch for too many years.

I just dont have the energy or passion to give a toss about this club anymore I'm afraid.

I really fear the future of the club is at stake and finding myself giving less and less of a toss about it.

Poll: Where are we now with Lambert In vs. Out ?

Does anyone seriously care anymore? on 18:06 - Dec 8 with 2648 viewsportmanking

You can't hide from the fact that we've not had a figurehead at the helm of this club for more than a decade. No-one that is approachable to the fans and bleeds blue and white. Put the money/investment aspect aside, the sheer fact that Evans shuns the limelight and input with supporters has created a chasm between the club and the fans.

Sheepshanks had his faults, but they were only with the best intentions for a club that he loved (and still does I'm sure).
Does anyone seriously care anymore? on 18:07 - Dec 8 with 2635 viewsRyorry

Of course I (and no doubt others) bloody care. Owners, managers, players and staff come and go - supporters are here for the long term - we're *supporters* - which includes thin as well as thick, and that goes for all times too, not just the build of our various bodies ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Does anyone seriously care anymore? on 18:08 - Dec 8 with 2623 viewswkj

I care, but I dont expect anything.

Every point from now on is a bonus, and that is pretty much the mantra I will have for the rest of the season.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Does anyone seriously care anymore? on 18:12 - Dec 8 with 2585 viewsFtnfwest

Blub, I understand but I’m afraid it’s for life. If we think we’ve seen adversity we’ve got another thing coming as well.
Does anyone seriously care anymore? on 18:50 - Dec 8 with 2464 viewsKeaneish

I care more now than I ever have done. Relegation to league one and we could easily be staring oblivion in the face.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

It's weird for me on 18:56 - Dec 8 with 2434 viewsScottCandage

I stopped caring about a month before MM left. I cared during PH. I really care now, and that's all due to PL.
Does anyone seriously care anymore? on 18:57 - Dec 8 with 2427 viewsCurrie10

Massively.

Anyone being apathetic to the current plight is beyond me.

I'm beyond upset with things I T F C right now.
Does anyone seriously care anymore? on 19:03 - Dec 8 with 2379 views44_not_out

Does anyone seriously care anymore? on 18:50 - Dec 8 by Keaneish

I care more now than I ever have done. Relegation to league one and we could easily be staring oblivion in the face.

Me too
Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone seriously care anymore? on 19:06 - Dec 8 with 2370 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Does anyone seriously care anymore? on 18:06 - Dec 8 by portmanking

You can't hide from the fact that we've not had a figurehead at the helm of this club for more than a decade. No-one that is approachable to the fans and bleeds blue and white. Put the money/investment aspect aside, the sheer fact that Evans shuns the limelight and input with supporters has created a chasm between the club and the fans.

Sheepshanks had his faults, but they were only with the best intentions for a club that he loved (and still does I'm sure).

We had Milton as that figurehead but he wasn't utilised properly.

Poll: Best Football Song

Does anyone seriously care anymore? on 19:08 - Dec 8 with 2347 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Does anyone seriously care anymore? on 18:50 - Dec 8 by Keaneish

ITFC are like an extended family. Have been mine for the best part of 50 years. Moods are determined by how the team are doing. I couldn,t care more if i wanted to. COYFB.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Does anyone seriously care anymore? on 19:18 - Dec 8 with 2292 viewsWonky

I support Ipswich town, therefore I care. Simple.
Does anyone seriously care anymore? on 19:19 - Dec 8 with 2290 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Actually care more now than I have for the last few years. I really liked MM and he did a great job for us but the football was turgid and pragmatic - I couldn't really enjoy or relate to it. Add to that we spent the majority of time in mid-table with no real expectation of achieving anything. We've now got a real fight on our hands and a manager who has us playing a much more attractive style. In a short time period he has the team playing organised, attacking football - we may not have the quality we need yet but I actually want to watch us play now.
Does anyone seriously care anymore? on 19:23 - Dec 8 with 2270 viewsOxford_Blue

Yes, I do. And many others do.

Being a supporter means sticking by them; if you’re fed up with it, then give up by all means but they are my club and always will be.
Does anyone seriously care anymore? on 20:07 - Dec 8 with 2168 viewsBent_double

I care.

It's a weird feeling listening to games like today and last weeks, I always expect us to concede goals and lose at the moment, so when it actually happens it doesn't 'bother' me so much.

I expect us to be relegated, barring an absolute miracle. I am really only bothered about winning the game at CR in Feb, as at least it will give us something going into L1.

I cannot accept the view that relegation will be the end of this club. We'll either do alright down there, or really well, and come back up pretty quickly, and I'm looking forward to crowds of 26-28000+ watching us play superb footy and destroying the opposition for the first time in years.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Does anyone seriously care anymore? on 20:10 - Dec 8 with 2147 viewsPecker

That is sad to read. I to was there during the "glory" years, but you have to stick with them. It should be in your blood after so many years. Nobody can force you, of course, but I would urge you to see this through. Once a blue always a blue.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024