Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fury v Wilder 10:37 - Dec 2 with 6655 viewshomer_123

Well, that was a decent fight!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Fury v Wilder on 10:45 - Dec 2 with 5393 viewsfooters

Brilliant, wasn't it? Just finished watching now. Can't wait the rematch!

Fury should have won but those two knock-downs obviously influenced the scorecards. Out of the first five I had Fury winning every one.

Now off to find the undercard somewhere...

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Fury v Wilder on 10:46 - Dec 2 with 5393 viewsOldsmoker

12 rounds so the punters got their moneys worth.
I remember those Mike Tyson fights that lasted less than 3 rounds.
Wikipedia credits him with 16 first round KO's.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Fury v Wilder on 10:49 - Dec 2 with 5374 viewshomer_123

Fury v Wilder on 10:45 - Dec 2 by footers

Fury should have won but those two knock-downs obviously influenced the scorecards. Out of the first five I had Fury winning every one.

I'd say a draw was about right to be honest.

Fury boxed him but got caught...did well to survive the 12th to be fair. Wilder though, just kept throwing that right, was one dimensional...but it's a hell of a right.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Fury v Wilder on 10:54 - Dec 2 with 5361 viewsfooters

Fury v Wilder on 10:49 - Dec 2 by homer_123

I'd say a draw was about right to be honest.

Fury boxed him but got caught...did well to survive the 12th to be fair. Wilder though, just kept throwing that right, was one dimensional...but it's a hell of a right.

Think it panned out as most people would have imagined, bar the Wilder KO or Fury points win after 12 (so not at all really!), but Wilder swinging and missing, Fury slipping and sliding, boxing clever.

Oldsmoker is right- fans are the winners here, brilliant fight. Hopefully next one can be over here.

Fury v Wilder on 11:50 - Dec 2 with 5283 viewsstrikalite

Would love a link to the whole fight if someone has one...been having a look, just highlights and freeze frames on youtube..

Hoping BT sport will show it at some point, but that probably won't be for another week or so..?

Sounded like a cracker, respect to Fury, proper raw fighter, loved the way he got up to his feet as quickly as he got put down, Wilders face was a picture!
Fury v Wilder on 12:02 - Dec 2 with 5257 viewsm14_blue

One of the judges had Wilder winning the first four!

Bizarre.

Fury should absolutely have won on points but I reckon Wilder morally deserved the draw having put him down twice.

Unbelievable effort from Fury though, particularly given where he was not long ago. Inspirational really, which isn’t something I thought I’d be saying about TF.
Fury v Wilder on 13:14 - Dec 2 with 5176 viewsThe_Great_Cornholio

My opinion is that Fury definitely won on points. You shouldn't get extra credit for putting someone down - Fury gets up so it's a 10-8 round. There's no bonuses because it was a good shot or whatever.

That aside, Fury has since said - "You don't come to someone else's house, get put on your arse twice and walk away with their belt"

I need TP, TP for my bunghole.

Fury v Wilder on 14:22 - Dec 2 with 5099 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Would love to see Fury v AJ.

but AJ doesn't have the bottle to make it happen.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Fury v Wilder on 18:50 - Dec 2 with 4961 viewsconnorscontract

I had Wilder winning the 2nd, and the two rounds where he had knock-downs, and no others.

According to the rules, Fury won, but he was knocked down twice, and it's ridiculous that a flurry here and there, according to the rules, outweighs a clear knockdown and an absolutely massive knockdown.

I think they should revisit the scoring, and allow the judges to award 1 point for a narrow round win, 2 points for a dominant round win and then an additional point per knockdown.

That would reward positive boxing and mean that "big rounds" are reflected in the scoring versus making the opponent miss and hitting a couple of range flurries to win a round.

Make no mistake, Fury fought to win on points under the current rules, and was robbed, but while he won a boxing match
in everybody's minds but two judges, it is difficult to say that he won the fight.
Fury v Wilder on 19:51 - Dec 2 with 4908 viewsBueller

Fury v Wilder on 18:50 - Dec 2 by connorscontract

I had Wilder winning the 2nd, and the two rounds where he had knock-downs, and no others.

According to the rules, Fury won, but he was knocked down twice, and it's ridiculous that a flurry here and there, according to the rules, outweighs a clear knockdown and an absolutely massive knockdown.

I think they should revisit the scoring, and allow the judges to award 1 point for a narrow round win, 2 points for a dominant round win and then an additional point per knockdown.

That would reward positive boxing and mean that "big rounds" are reflected in the scoring versus making the opponent miss and hitting a couple of range flurries to win a round.

Make no mistake, Fury fought to win on points under the current rules, and was robbed, but while he won a boxing match
in everybody's minds but two judges, it is difficult to say that he won the fight.

I don’t think there is any issue with the scoring system it’s purely down to what the judge sees and interprets. I think they can be influenced by the crowd and they don’t watch it on 50 inch TVs like us where commentators clear up seconds after if someone didn’t connect even if they look like they did.

Despite what I’ve said I’m not sure how any professional boxing judge could score the first 4 rounds to Wilder, it was 3-1 Fury. There wasn’t anything ambiguous in the opening rounds it wasn’t even close.
Fury v Wilder on 06:55 - Dec 3 with 4793 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Fury v Wilder on 19:51 - Dec 2 by Bueller

I don’t think there is any issue with the scoring system it’s purely down to what the judge sees and interprets. I think they can be influenced by the crowd and they don’t watch it on 50 inch TVs like us where commentators clear up seconds after if someone didn’t connect even if they look like they did.

Despite what I’ve said I’m not sure how any professional boxing judge could score the first 4 rounds to Wilder, it was 3-1 Fury. There wasn’t anything ambiguous in the opening rounds it wasn’t even close.

I too scored it in well in favour of Fury however I kept saying to my brother that he was taking the showboating too far and I wouldn’t be surprised if one or two of the judges thought hang on a minute you’ve not won those rounds that clearly and marked against him.
Fury v Wilder on 07:22 - Dec 3 with 4767 viewschristiand

Fury v Wilder on 19:51 - Dec 2 by Bueller

I listened to the whole fight on 5 Live and they were asking around the ring, during the fight, how it was being scored by other boxing experts. To their surprising, it was a real contrast to how they had viewed it. That set alarm bells ringing!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Fury v Wilder on 09:13 - Dec 3 with 4728 viewsGooders7592

Fury v Wilder on 14:22 - Dec 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

I don't think it will ever happen due to television rights. It's effectively Sky Sports vs BT Sports - neither will not want to have the rights!
Fury v Wilder on 10:20 - Dec 3 with 4702 viewsBOjK

"I think they should revisit the scoring, and allow the judges to award 1 point for a narrow round win, 2 points for a dominant round win and then an additional point per knockdown."

That's exactly what the rules are!

(although you have to be very dominant indeed to get a 10-8 round without a knockdown.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Fury v Wilder on 10:39 - Dec 3 with 4679 viewsJakeITFC

What basis do you have for that comment?
Fury v Wilder on 10:59 - Dec 3 with 4656 viewsGooders7592

Fury v Wilder on 10:39 - Dec 3 by JakeITFC

What basis do you have for that comment?

I think AJ will avoid Fury like the plague after the fight this weekend. Especially as Fury doesn't hold any belts either.

Unless Fury becomes the mandatory challenger there is no reason for AJ to fight him. However, as I've said previously in this thread, I don't think it will happen due to television rights. AJ is managed by Eddie Hearn (Sky Sports) and Fury by Frank Warren (BT Sport).

Unless there is no clause in the original contract I can't see Wilder fighting Fury again. He was very lucky to get the draw in my opinion and was out boxed by Fury most of the fight.

Wilder vs AJ in April is my guess, but what do I know?!
Fury v Wilder on 11:09 - Dec 3 with 4647 viewsHerbivore

Yes, AJ who has unified three of the four belts in under 25 fights is lacking bottle. Don't be silly.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Fury v Wilder on 11:12 - Dec 3 with 4641 viewsHerbivore

Fury v Wilder on 10:59 - Dec 3 by Gooders7592

I think AJ will avoid Fury like the plague after the fight this weekend. Especially as Fury doesn't hold any belts either.

Unless Fury becomes the mandatory challenger there is no reason for AJ to fight him. However, as I've said previously in this thread, I don't think it will happen due to television rights. AJ is managed by Eddie Hearn (Sky Sports) and Fury by Frank Warren (BT Sport).

Unless there is no clause in the original contract I can't see Wilder fighting Fury again. He was very lucky to get the draw in my opinion and was out boxed by Fury most of the fight.

The TV issue isn't insurmountable, but Wilder and Fury probably need to have a rematch to sort out their rivalry first. Can't leave it on a draw.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Fury v Wilder on 11:16 - Dec 3 with 4634 viewsJakeITFC

Fury v Wilder on 10:59 - Dec 3 by Gooders7592

AJ will fight Whyte/somebody else (Klitschko is heavily rumoured) in April, and Wilder/Fury will rematch early summer as well.

The next fight after that simply has to be AJ v the winner for all of the gold. It will be difficult to make, think it is probably justifiably 50/50 in terms of purse now and will have to be Wembley or Vegas, but it simply has to happen.

The hope is that the loser of Wilder/Fury isn’t then just dodged if they aren’t bringing a title/the lineal championship.
Fury v Wilder on 11:17 - Dec 3 with 4631 viewsfooters

Fury v Wilder on 11:12 - Dec 3 by Herbivore

The TV issue isn't insurmountable, but Wilder and Fury probably need to have a rematch to sort out their rivalry first. Can't leave it on a draw.

Especially since Barry Hearn has spoken quite openly about keeping AJ away from bigger fights for now, to drive the value up. Perfect business sense, rubbish for fans.

AJ will probably fight Whyte or someone in April, if Whyte recovers ok from December.

Fury v Wilder on 11:18 - Dec 3 with 4630 viewsJakeITFC

Fury v Wilder on 10:20 - Dec 3 by BOjK

"I think they should revisit the scoring, and allow the judges to award 1 point for a narrow round win, 2 points for a dominant round win and then an additional point per knockdown."

That's exactly what the rules are!

(although you have to be very dominant indeed to get a 10-8 round without a knockdown.

Overhead a wonderful conversation in the pub yesterday where a bloke said ‘Fury definitely won the most rounds, but I don’t think he won the fight’ which made me laugh.
Fury v Wilder on 11:22 - Dec 3 with 4617 viewssuffolkpoker

Reflecting on the fight (i watched it yesterday morning).
I felt Fury should of come home with the belts, was my first reaction.
As it seemed Fury gace Wilder a lesson in old school boxing.

It was one of the most technical heavy weight fights i have watched.

Looking back, i cant see how the judges are award the fight to Fury, it was on home soil and with 2 knock downs. Fury was landing alot more punches and controlling the fight for long periods but he didnt have the power to really hurt Wilder.

Wilder was on home soil 2 knock down rounds, crowd and the US are known for it.
Just ask Lewis.

Cant wait for a rematch, but i can see one of them fighting AJ next and the replay later in the year. Both Tyson and Wilder will be great fights for AJ

#TeamFury

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Fury v Wilder on 11:24 - Dec 3 with 4613 viewsGooders7592

Fury v Wilder on 11:16 - Dec 3 by JakeITFC

AJ will fight Whyte/somebody else (Klitschko is heavily rumoured) in April, and Wilder/Fury will rematch early summer as well.

The next fight after that simply has to be AJ v the winner for all of the gold. It will be difficult to make, think it is probably justifiably 50/50 in terms of purse now and will have to be Wembley or Vegas, but it simply has to happen.

The hope is that the loser of Wilder/Fury isn’t then just dodged if they aren’t bringing a title/the lineal championship.

Do you think Wilder will want to fight Fury again?

I think if he's not forced to, he won't. Which if that happens I wouldn't be surprised if AJ vs Wilder happened in April & Fury fights Whyte as a final eliminator type fight to face the winner from April.

The split in the purse always has, and always will, be an issue when organising the big fights.
Fury v Wilder on 11:26 - Dec 3 with 4607 viewsGooders7592

Fury v Wilder on 11:12 - Dec 3 by Herbivore

No it's not, but it will definitely be a huge issue. I wouldn't be surprised if both show it on PPV.
Fury v Wilder on 11:27 - Dec 3 with 4603 viewsJakeITFC

Fury v Wilder on 11:24 - Dec 3 by Gooders7592

Do you think Wilder will want to fight Fury again?

I think if he's not forced to, he won't. Which if that happens I wouldn't be surprised if AJ vs Wilder happened in April & Fury fights Whyte as a final eliminator type fight to face the winner from April.

The split in the purse always has, and always will, be an issue when organising the big fights.

Yes - I think Wilder probably feels he didn’t give the best account of himself against Fury and would have been encouraged by landing the right hand late. As he said in the build up, Fury has to be perfect for 12 rounds to win, and he only has to be perfect for one punch.

I think Joshua in April is too soon for Wilder/Fury and so a rematch makes logical sense next.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024